Problems installing Logos 5.0b in Windows 8 (bug?)

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Posts 239
Mikko Paavola | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 12 2013 11:27 PM

Hi!

The Logos installer/updater doesn't seem to handle Windows 8 more strict User Account Control (UAC) right.

When I try to update it gives me the following error message: "Error writing to file: C:\User\...\en-US\logos.exe.mui. Verify that you have access to that directory."

This happens in both of my computers, both having Win 8 Pro. If I disable the UAC manually (see http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/5160-tutorial-how-make-windows-8-understand-you-administrator.html ), the Logos 5.0b will install with no problems, but this tweak is not an option for average users (if you do that remember to enable it again after the update, needs to reboot after every change).

I hope this will be fixed soon.

Faithlife Connect + several Base Packages + Luther's Works, etc.
Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 260, Win 10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6500U, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Intel HD Graphics 520.
iPhone 7 Plus.

Posts 27414
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 13 2013 4:38 AM

Mikko Paavola:
I hope this will be fixed soon.

This has happened many times on Win 7 and the fault lies more with MS. It may be resolved as an ownership problem, else resort to starting Logos with Admin rights (right click and "run as administrator")  - except that has to be repeated for subsequent program updates, as you may have to repeat disabling UAC.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS