Why won't this Logos 5 log in?

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1133
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Feb 13 2013 6:22 PM

Can anyone help me with what might be the problem - I have a desktop and laptop side by side, same network, and the desktop cannot log in - I can only start Logos offline. I have verified Internet is ok, I have rebooted PC, nothing seems to work. The laptop right next to it logs in and out fine. Attached it the log file, thanks if you can help!

This log file was one attempt, holding control key down, attempting to log in and it immediately comes back failing.

5001.Logos.log

Posts 4560
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 13 2013 6:56 PM

Make sure that you are using the right email address and password. Check caps lock, number etc..

Everything ever written or spoken in Religion, formatted for Logos Bible Software. Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 1056
David J. Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 13 2013 9:06 PM

Had the same problem today after the update:

Found that my McAfee "Security as a Service" had decided to Block internet access for Logos5 (and the indexer) and had not bothered to ask if it should "Allow"

Had to manually go to the McAfee "Action Menu", View Applications List and slide down towards the bottom of the list, check "Logos Bible Software 5" and click the "Approve" button.

May be something similar if you are using a different Internet Security package than McAfee Total Protection Services.

Posts 1133
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 14 2013 3:54 AM

Thanks David, I don't have McAfee so not sure what or why something would have changed.  I made sure the computer as all updates, rebooted, and with holding the Control key down and trying to log in, it fails every time, and very quickly. The log is the same as above, the only error is shown below. I have done no work on this computer for at least a couple of days besides just running Logos, and on that computer I only did a little bit of work - I have been on my laptop recently. Is there any advice how to get Logos working? Thanks!

2013-02-14 06:49:13.5960 8 Error WebServiceClient CommunicationException for Boolean: System.ServiceModel.Security.SecurityNegotiationException: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel with authority 'services.logos.com'. ---> System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel. ---> System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure. ~   at System.Net.TlsStream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult) ~   at System.Net.PooledStream.EndWrite(IAsyncResult asyncResult) ~   at System.Net.ConnectStream.WriteHeadersCallback(IAsyncResult ar) ~   --- End of inner exception stack trace --- ~   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult) ~   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelFactory`1.HttpRequestChannel.HttpChannelAsyncRequest.CompleteGetResponse(IAsyncResult result) ~   --- End of inner exception stack trace --- ~ ~Server stack trace:  ~   at System.Runtime.AsyncResult.End[TAsyncResult](IAsyncResult result) ~   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.SendAsyncResult.End(SendAsyncResult result) ~   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.EndCall(String action, Object[] outs, IAsyncResult result) ~   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeEndService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation) ~   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message) ~ ~Exception rethrown at [0]:  ~   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) ~   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type) ~   at LDLS4.WebServices.AuthenticationServices.AuthenticationService.EndLogin(IAsyncResult result) ~   at LDLS4.WebServices.AuthenticationServices.AuthenticationServiceClient.EndLogin(IAsyncResult result) ~   at Libronix.Utility.Threading.AsyncMethodAsyncAction`1.Callback(IAsyncResult ar) ~   at Libronix.Utility.Threading.AsyncMethodAsyncAction`1.get_Result() ~   at LDLS4.WebServiceClient.GetResult[T](AsyncMethodAsyncAction`1 action)

Posts 16407
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 14 2013 4:09 AM

Don, see if this helps   http://wiki.logos.com/Cannot_connect_to_Logos_servers

Dave
===

Windows PC, Android phone

Posts 1133
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 14 2013 6:32 AM

Thanks Dave, that got me onto the same path I was on.  I had checked my event Log, and saw this error come up every time I tried to log on:

"Failed to add certificate to Third-Party Root Certification Authorities store with error: Access is denied"

The link you gave me pointed to the same thing the Event error pointed to, some sort of security certificate being outdated problem. I did some of the things suggested on the web like a manual update of certificates on the computer, with no luck. As David suggested a problem with his firewall, I check mine - Microsoft Security Essentials. To see if this was the culprit, I turned off the real time checking. And voila! Logos logs in fine. So then I turned on real time checking again, and it still works! Very strange. It seems fine now, maybe MSE got into some strange funk through an update that turning real time checking off and on fixed - and that a reboot wold not fix.

Thanks all, I'll watch it !

Posts 645
Fr. Charles R. Matheny | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 14 2013 6:41 AM

Im having same issue on Mac.

Logos will not log in, just stuck at log in prompt, which I usually never have/see.

Just sayin.

Posts 1056
David J. Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 14 2013 9:05 AM

Do you have Firewall software that is blocking the latest Logos5 update from accessing the internet?

Seems to be an issue with at least two different firewall types. Not normally a problem with Logos updates.

Posts 219
LogosEmployee
Mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 14 2013 9:30 AM

Hello Don,

Your error:

"Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel with authority 'services.logos.com'"

This indicates either the date on your computer is set incorrectly (your logs say it is set correctly), or your SSL certificates our out of date. You can fix this by running Windows Update and downloading the latest "Root Certificates" (Optional section).

Posts 1133
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 14 2013 9:41 AM

Mike (Tech Support):

Hello Don,

Your error:

"Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel with authority 'services.logos.com'"

This indicates either the date on your computer is set incorrectly (your logs say it is set correctly), or your SSL certificates our out of date. You can fix this by running Windows Update and downloading the latest "Root Certificates" (Optional section).

Hi Mike, thanks for the reply. I had checked these as part of my own investigation, the date was set correctly, and I ran Windows Update several times and it said all updates were current. I even ran the certificate update manually, as Microsoft will suggest on its site, and none of these solved the problem so something else was causing it.

Posts 219
LogosEmployee
Mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 15 2013 8:39 AM

It may be possible that certain certificates have been manually blocked in Control Panel>Internet Options, or your certificates may have been modified by a malicious program. I can only speculate as to why your certificates would be invalid if they are up to date.

You may want to talk to your Network Administrator, Security Vendor, ISP, Computer Manufacturer or Microsoft for help investigating bad SLL Certificates.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS