CPU percentage

Page 1 of 1 (20 items)
This post has 19 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 5
klbrugger | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Feb 14 2013 9:16 AM
Running v5 keeps my %CPU running at or over 100. Anyone else have this problem? it is almost to slow to use really. Using a mac 2.4GGz Core 2 Duo. Any ideas?
Posts 15216
Forum MVP
alabama24 | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 14 2013 9:21 AM

If it isnt indexing, please post logs: http://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging#Mac

OSX 10.9 | iOS 7 | L5 Gold | Mac Logs | Install

Posts 631
Otto S. Carroll | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 14 2013 10:10 AM

Since updating to 5.0b, I have been having the same issue - the program is very sluggish. I'm thinking about rolling back to previous version.

15" rMBP 2.6 GHz i7 / 16 GB RAM / 1.0 TB Flash Drive / OS X 10.9.2  / Logos 5:  Portfolio | Reformed Platinum | Lutheran Gold

Posts 15216
Forum MVP
alabama24 | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 14 2013 10:23 AM

Otto S. Carroll:
Since updating to 5.0b, I have been having the same issue - the program is very sluggish. I'm thinking about rolling back to previous version.

I am not experiencing this, on either my desktop or laptop. If you could post logs, it might help to discover what is going on.

Posts 5
klbrugger | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 14 2013 11:43 AM
Ok, I enabled logging. Now what? How will that help me?
Posts 15216
Forum MVP
alabama24 | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 14 2013 12:44 PM

Once you have enabled logging, you need to run logos until the undesired behavior occurs. Quit Logos, grab the logs, and then post them here. Please attach the logs using the paperclip icon… don't "paste" them into the thread.

Posts 15216
Forum MVP
alabama24 | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 14 2013 12:45 PM

Alternatively, you can contact Logos and give them permission to take over your computer remotely.

Posts 5
klbrugger | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 14 2013 12:48 PM
Ok, How do i "grab the logs"?
Posts 6585
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 14 2013 1:51 PM

klbrugger:

Check out the earlier link Alabama24 gave you to the wiki. It explains where to find the logs. http://wiki.logos.com/Mac_Troubleshooting#How_to_Report_Bugs_in_Logos_4_Mac explains how to handle them.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 8116
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 15 2013 3:55 AM

klbrugger:

The most convenient way to enable logging is to use the Applescript LogosLogging by KS4J. (Restart of Logos needed after enabling)

Then use Logos Log Scribe to create an archive of the logs on your desktop.

Use the paperclip on the message prep window to attach.

Posts 9
Jason Hopkins | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 15 2013 11:31 AM

Hi,

I've got the same problem.  My hangs when I close it.  Not all the time, but often.  It hangs on this window:

Synchronizing
Please wait while your documents and settings are uploaded...

After a few minutes I pushed Exit Now (at 11:53)

At 12:23 I Force Closed it.

I've attached the logs.

I just now opened Logos and closed without making a change and it closed without a problem.  I'm attaching a second set of logs for that.

I reopened it, made a change to the layout, saved it, closed it, no problem.

I've got Logos installed on three different computers in my house.  I'm wondering if it has something to do with more than one being on at the same time.  I'll check into that more.

4035.LogosLogs Jason Hopkins 20130215-123531.gz

6813.LogosLogs Jason Hopkins 20130215-124519.gz

Posts 15904
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 15 2013 12:42 PM

Jason Hopkins:
I've attached the logs.

There's nothing we can learn from those logs as we need logos.log, which gets overwritten each time you start Logos, so it needs to be submitted after you detect an issue. See Jack's post above for instructions on how to enable logging.

Dave
===

Windows PC, Android phone

Posts 9
Jason Hopkins | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 15 2013 12:57 PM

Sorry, it looks like the reply didn't come through right...

I'm not sure what you mean.  I used the LogosLogging.app and the Logos Log Scribe.app as suggested above.

I manually checked ~/Library/Application\ Support/Logos4/Logging and don't see a file called "logos.log".

Are you saying these would have been the correct files, but they were overwritten.

That makes me wonder why they would overwrite log files.  Most of the time you append until a certian size, but I guess that's their call.

Posts 272
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 15 2013 11:40 PM

I had the same issue after the last update. But it since resolved itself. It must have been related to indexing even though the Logos index icon in my Windows notification area was not displayed. However, when I went to my library, I got the message that the list might be incomplete.

Give it a few more hours and see what happens. It took my computer quite a while.

Armin

Posts 118
Andrew Chuter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 16 2013 1:18 AM

I've just developed same problem - no indication that it is an indexing problem - Logos CPU usage at 170% - restarting has not solved issue.

Andrew

Posts 118
Andrew Chuter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 16 2013 1:33 AM

My logs are attached. (See above for problem - I've also restarted Mac aswell as Logos to no effect).6622.Logos.log.zip

Andrew

Posts 15216
Forum MVP
alabama24 | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 16 2013 4:36 AM

Andrew - I am not a full fledged techie… after reading your logs, I am wondering about personal books and perhaps the need to reindex… These are only guesses… you might want to wait on someone more knowledgeable… 

Posts 118
Andrew Chuter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 16 2013 5:26 AM

Thanks. My experience seems to be like some others - after an hour or so the problem seems to have resolved itself. I guess there may have been some re-indexing going on in the background.

Andrew

Posts 15216
Forum MVP
alabama24 | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 16 2013 5:58 AM

Andrew Chuter:
I guess there may have been some re-indexing going on in the background.

When indexing occurs, the blue Logos icon appears up top, like when it is downloading. Did you see that?

EDIT: Looking at your logs, there were definitely some issues… I don't think it was just indexing normally.

Posts 118
Andrew Chuter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 16 2013 6:34 AM

No - there was no indexing icon.

Andrew

Page 1 of 1 (20 items) | RSS