Chesterton, 50% off

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 21 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 141
LogosEmployee
Jonathan Watson | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Feb 14 2013 1:26 PM

I normally don't post sales in the forums (would you like me to?), but I was too excited about this one to not make sure you all know about it.

From today through next Thursday, the 21st, the G. K. Chesterton Collection (11 vols.) is 50% off! Regular price is $179.95, but the sale price is only $89.95.

Check it out, and make sure to use the coupon code listed on the product page!

Posts 250
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 14 2013 2:01 PM

I think it would be great if you did post them, same thread, similar to the "broke up collection" thread.  While I'm on twitter/FB I don't always see them.

Posts 192
Michael March | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 14 2013 2:02 PM

Please post away. Everyone loves a good deal, and if they're not interested, they need not even open the thread. Thanks for the heads up.

Windows PC - Android Phone - Nexus 7 Tablet

Posts 4112
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 14 2013 4:50 PM

Please do post. I think there is a good chance I would have missed this too.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1142
Rick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 14 2013 4:59 PM

Thumbs up to Everett's idea. 

Peace  Smile

Romans 14:19 (NRSV)
19 Let us then pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.

Posts 1111
William Bingham | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 14 2013 9:46 PM

Jonathan Watson:
(would you like me to?),
YesYes

Posts 15771
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 15 2013 12:08 AM

Everett Headley:
I think it would be great if you did post them, same thread, 

It would be good if you would post them, but I wouldn't use this same thread, because the subject would be irrelevant for future deals. Start a new thread, call it "Awesome sale heads up" or something like that, and post whatever deal you're trying to highlight in it.

Too bad I already have the Chesterton collection or I would have jumped on this one.

Posts 141
LogosEmployee
Jonathan Watson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 15 2013 7:46 AM

Thanks all, I will start a thread next week and post our weekly sales to them.

PS. Did you know we do weekly sales? There's even an email list to get email notifications! Sign up on your Notifications page. :)

Posts 529
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 15 2013 12:27 PM

Jonathan Watson:

Thanks all, I will start a thread next week and post our weekly sales to them.

You will upset Phil Gons! Big SmileBig SmileBig Smile

Rule 4 -  Please do not use our forums to

• sell or give away anything or link to anything you’re selling or giving away—including Logos products
  • promote or link to competitors
  • point people to other places that sell Logos-compatible products
  • advertise yourself, your business, your ministry, your website, etc. (a tasteful link in your forum signature is acceptable)
  • post Logos Coupon Codes. If you are aware of a special promotion Logos is running online, you are welcome to link directly to the promotion.

Posts 141
LogosEmployee
Jonathan Watson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 15 2013 2:49 PM

Touché Wink

Posts 459
Butters | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 31 2013 9:59 AM

I sometimes have to lock my Chesterton volumes up just so I don't keep reading him over and over, neglecting my other studies.  LOL.  Smile

As far as I'm concerned, he divides the world equally with Dickens and Shakespeare.  Indeed, if Dickens is the Shakespeare of novelists; Chesterton is the Shakespeare of the essay.  

The Annual Chesterton Society Conference is coming up in a few days.  If anyone wants details I'd be glad to provide them.  

I shall, of course, be attending.  

“To love means loving the unlovable.  To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable.  Faith means believing the unbelievable.  Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless.” ~Chesterton

Posts 1926
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 31 2013 10:38 AM

Wait a minute, didn't someone already start a "Weekly Sales" thread? I remember someone had committed to posting weekly sales, but it faded soon for some reason.

Another question: Where's the tweeter deal for today.  I only see the tweeter deal for yesterday the reference for counseling.  Suggestion: Please make the Encountering the Old Testament by Baker Academics available on the tweeter deal of the day today or one of these days Wink

DAL

Posts 1926
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 31 2013 10:40 AM

I knew I wasn't dreaming, there was a weekly sales thread started already and it was Jonathan who started it...LOL...he must've forgotten about it.  Here's the old link: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/66737/465020.aspx#465020 you might want to start updating this one instead of starting a new one.

Blessings!

DAL

Posts 65
papa_gowgow | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 2 2013 1:06 AM

Whisper This isn't a new thread, Butters has just resurrected it to draw attention to the Chesterton Society Conference.  This thread was originally posted before Jonathan started the regular advertising.

Posts 175
Kelvin Niblett | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 2 2013 2:37 AM

The twitter daily deals are also awesome 50% of some resource often they are good resources included

Posts 459
Butters | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 2 2013 3:53 AM

papa_gowgow:

Whisper This isn't a new thread, Butters has just resurrected it to draw attention to the Chesterton Society Conference.  This thread was originally posted before Jonathan started the regular advertising.

yeah, I hope peeps didn't mind.  It's a conference I never, ever miss.  It's taking place this year in Worcester, Assumption College.  Peter Kreeft, Joseph Pearce and many others will be speaking.  

Stop by if you're in the area:  http://www.chesterton.org/events/natl-conf-2013/

“To love means loving the unlovable.  To forgive means pardoning the unpardonable.  Faith means believing the unbelievable.  Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless.” ~Chesterton

Posts 4625
Forum MVP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 2 2013 2:35 PM

Butters:

papa_gowgow:

yeah, I hope peeps didn't mind.  It's a conference I never, ever miss.  It's taking place this year in Worcester, Assumption College.  Peter Kreeft, Joseph Pearce and many others will be speaking.  

Stop by if you're in the area:  http://www.chesterton.org/events/natl-conf-2013/

I appreciate your post and regret that it would be impossible to attend!              However, please permit me to "drool," indeed!

I'm assuming THIS is the Peter Kreeft, the author of Handbook of Christian Apologetics -- an excellent book as far as I'm concerned ...

Psalm 29:11  !!!

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 459
Butters | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 2 2013 6:40 PM

Indeed it is the same man!  He gave an extraordinary lecture and I don't use that word lightly here :)  I only just finished chatting with him.  

Posts 8272
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 2 2013 7:01 PM

I just read that the bishop is opening the cause for Chesterton's canonization.Smile

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 459
Butters | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 3 2013 5:58 AM

Things are moving but slowly.  :)

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS