Install Logos 5 from DVD on USB

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 5
Wilson Mar | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Feb 15 2013 5:25 AM

I have the Logos 5 Installation disk. But I can't copy the DVD to a USB drive.

The DVD player on the laptop I want to install Logos 5 is broken. And I would like to avoid downloading by installing from a USB drive containing files from the DVDs.

Posts 13398
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 15 2013 5:32 AM

Wilson Mar:
But I can't copy the DVD to a USB drive.

Hello, Wilson. Welcome to the forums. You have two options:

1. Ask a friend with a DVD to copy the files onto a USB drive for you, and then use that to install Logos.
  2. Install from a download: http://www.logos.com/installation

I know you prefer not to download, but I'm not sure why you mean when you say "I can't copy the DVD to a USB drive". Is that because you don't have a DVD drive, or is there an error?

Posts 5
Wilson Mar | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 15 2013 5:43 AM

Thanks for the super-quick reply, Mark.

I wasn't clear.

I assume that install from USB is possible.

This means that there may be a problem with the DVD on another computer.

Posts 28357
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 15 2013 6:12 AM

Wilson - If the DVD is broken, you will either have to download again, or use one of the methods found here: http://wiki.logos.com/Installation_and_Indexing_FAQ$27s#Is_there_a_faster_way_to_install_Logos_on_another_computer.3f

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 13398
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 15 2013 6:13 AM

Wilson Mar:
I assume that install from USB is possible.

I've never used a Logos 5 DVD, but I can't think of any reason why you couldn't just copy all the files from the DVD to a USB drive. That's certainly been possible with Logos products in the past.

Posts 5
Wilson Mar | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 19 2013 2:37 PM

I have 2 issues:

1. After I insert the white install DVD, I'm getting an "Insert a Disc" pop-up. So I assume the media is messed up?

2. After I downloaded LogosSetup.exe and ran it, and open, I don't see any books or any of the Tools that come with the Gold package.

I downloaded the LEB and restarted Logos.

Now I see the ones I specifically downloaded, but how do I get the rest of the Gold stuff?

Posts 25726
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 19 2013 3:15 PM

Wilson Mar:

1. After I insert the white install DVD, I'm getting an "Insert a Disc" pop-up. So I assume the media is messed up?

Yes - it appears not to be recognised. But are you sure it is a DVD player?

Wilson Mar:
2. After I downloaded LogosSetup.exe and ran it, and open, I don't see any books or any of the Tools that come with the Gold package.

After installation did you get a lengthy download?  Did you sign in with the logos account / password that you used to purchase the upgrade?

If you restart Logos and still no download type  update resources in the Command box (at top of the window) and hit Enter.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 5
Wilson Mar | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 23 2013 3:20 PM

Thank you all for your quick response.

I've clicked the update icon next to layouts and am now getting "Sychronization is enabled, and all items are up to date."

I've also entered "update resources".

But I still am not seeing the Gold items.

I have some theories. Could it be that 1) the system does not download because I ordered "Gold [DVD ROM]"?

2) the system stops downloading when it encounters the Bible Study Magazine and does not see "Gold [DVD ROM]" under it?

Well, this is getting frustrating. Am I the only one to encounter this issue?

Posts 28357
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 23 2013 3:26 PM

Wilson Mar:
the system stops downloading when it encounters the Bible Study Magazine and does not see "Gold [DVD ROM]" under it?

The list that you see on the website isn't a download queue and the software doesn't use the page in any way. These issues are completely unrelated. 

Wilson Mar:
Could it be that 1) the system does not download because I ordered "Gold [DVD ROM]"?

Possibly. Have you received the disc yet? The download should be automatic. Are you sure you are using the same email address and password? Is there a possibility that the resources did download, but you didn't allow it to index? (Indexing can be a LONG process, and your library may not work right until it is finished)

EDIT: I forgot the earlier part of this thread. I remember now that your CD rom drive isn't working. Wink

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 25726
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 23 2013 6:56 PM

Wilson Mar:
I've clicked the update icon next to layouts and am now getting "Sychronization is enabled, and all items are up to date."

Sync has nothing to do with resource downloads.

Wilson Mar:
I have some theories. Could it be that 1) the system does not download because I ordered "Gold [DVD ROM]"?

You should contact Customer Services because that is possible. If it came with a serial number they will activate it so you can receive a download, or they can find what is preventing a download.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS