Logos 4 --> Logos 5

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 5
Sanil John | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Feb 18 2013 8:32 AM

Hi,

I currently own Logos 4 LE version. I switched from a PC to a Mac and noticed that my notes created on my PC are missing with only the note titles listed. One note I had created on my iphone is not even shown on the mac version. It would sync well with the windows version. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Posts 9693
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 18 2013 8:51 AM

Hi Sanil - and welcome to the forums.

Sorry to hear you are having problems.

A couple of questions:

• what version of Logos 4 are you running on PC? (I note you have LE but trying to understand what revision of L4 are you using)
  • Are you also running L4 on the Mac or L5? I ask as you have posted this in the Logos 5 forum.

Thanks, Graham 

Posts 8147
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 18 2013 10:42 AM

Just to rule out something very simple.

Sanil John:
only the note titles listed

Have you checked that you're using the Full view, and not the Compact view?

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 5
Sanil John | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 18 2013 10:50 AM

Graham,

I am using 4.6 SR-2 on my PC and Pre-release Alpha 20 on my Mac. 

I would also like to know if there is a special upgrade price for logos 4 users or do we pay $160 like any new buyer.

Thanks.

Posts 5
Sanil John | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 18 2013 10:54 AM

I can see all but one of my notes under File but when I click on one my notes, a blank note opens with " We haven't updated this feature. Check back in a future release." SInce I recently installed logos 4 on my mac using the 1-2 year old CD, I updated logos on my mac. Can some one confirm what is the latest release of Logos 4 for macs.

Posts 91
Charles Scaglione | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 18 2013 10:56 AM

Sanil:

The Logos 5 Engine is free if you wish to go that way rather than pay for an upgrade.  The download and installation can be found here:  http://www.logos.com/installation

However, I would make a backup using Time Machine before doing the installation just to be sure you can fall back to Logos 4 if something should go wrong.

Regards, Charles

Late 2013 27" iMac, OS X 10.9.4, iPad 3, iPhone 5c

Posts 15736
Forum MVP
alabama24 | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 18 2013 10:59 AM

Sanil John:
I am using 4.6 SR-2 on my PC and Pre-release Alpha 20 on my Mac.

You are out of date on both apps… especially the mac version. Alpha 20 is from May 2010! Is there a reason you are using such old software? What are you Mac specs? 

Sanil John:
I would also like to know if there is a special upgrade price for logos 4 users or do we pay $160 like any new buyer.

There were some good discounts for several months after the release of L5, but those have ended now. There should be some upgrade pricing… what are you trying to buy? Minimal Cross Grade?

OSX 10.9 | iOS 7 | L5 Gold | Mac Logs | Install

Posts 5
Sanil John | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 18 2013 11:02 AM

Charles,

Thanks for the information. Do you know if it will automatically transfer my notes and the books from the LE version of Logos 4 to Logos 5 for free (cloud syncing?).

Posts 15736
Forum MVP
alabama24 | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 18 2013 11:02 AM

Sanil John:
Can some one confirm what is the latest release of Logos 4 for macs.

The latest release of L4 for BOTH PC & Mac is L4.6b: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/66237.aspx

Your current version isn't considered "L4."

You can also update directly to the L5 engine, as long as your hardware will allow it. NOTE: new features won't be operable, but you will have the latest engine. L4 resources & tools which you own licenses for will work. 

Posts 15736
Forum MVP
alabama24 | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 18 2013 11:05 AM

Sanil John:
Do you know if it will automatically transfer my notes and the books from the LE version of Logos 4 to Logos 5 for free

The L5 engine is an enhancement of the L4 engine… It is of a different quality, not a different kind. The version of the mac software you were running isn't really comparable. Anything that is on your PC running 4.6 should sync with L5 on Mac. You can upgrade both as long as your hardware & OS are compatible. What OS are you running on Mac & PC?

Posts 5
Sanil John | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 18 2013 11:10 AM

I have i7 mac with OS 10.8 so the latest version should run fine. The reason I using the alpha 20 is because that is what I have on my Logos CD from 2010. I think based on the feedback I have received from all of you, I will install the latest engine on my mac and then sign in so that my basic resources are downloaded on my mac.

Posts 15736
Forum MVP
alabama24 | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 18 2013 11:15 AM

Sanil John:
I will install the latest engine on my mac and then sign in so that my basic resources are downloaded on my mac.

For clarification: I would strongly recommend using the L5 engine: http://www.logos.com/installation

Posts 91
Charles Scaglione | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 18 2013 11:17 AM

Thanks for the information. Do you know if it will automatically transfer my notes and the books from the LE version of Logos 4 to Logos 5 for free (cloud syncing?).

Yes, it should.  I have the exact same version as you (Logos 4 LE) and when I upgraded it transferred everything over - notes, books, complete Library, etc.

Regards, Charles

Late 2013 27" iMac, OS X 10.9.4, iPad 3, iPhone 5c

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS