Personal Commentary Books question

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 143
Brian Maag | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 19 2013 5:11 AM

Good morning, everybody,

I often gather stuff from the Internet to incorporate into personal books. Sometimes that means I have multiple articles on one passage, and they aren't often in the same place within the starting document. Is there a way to format the book as a commentary and still get it to point to multiple spots in the book? Or would I need to save it as a different type of book (say, a devotional), so that I could get one book to display results that are under different headings?

Thank you!

Brian

Posts 29035
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 19 2013 5:47 AM

Brian - I'm sorry, but you have lost me. Can you explain again? Can you give an example?

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 26377
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 19 2013 8:50 PM

Brian Maag:
I often gather stuff from the Internet to incorporate into personal books. Sometimes that means I have multiple articles on one passage, and they aren't often in the same place within the starting document. Is there a way to format the book as a commentary and still get it to point to multiple spots in the book?

If you have multiple milestones** for one passage e.g Matt 5:11, and type the reference into the resource Find box it will show  e.g.

Matt 5:11

then you have to figure which instance you want!

This works for type Bible Commentary and Bible Notes, but the latter is a better description for your book.

** the milestone would look like [[@Bible:Matt 5:11]] 

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS