Print/Export causes crash

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4
David | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 19 2013 1:15 PM

I'm doing a word study and I click on the small graph that shows hits or words in books (above and to the right of the circle graph).  I then click on the drop down menu on the top left and select "Print/Export".   I want to export the graph as an image into a document for a class assignment.  The Print/Export window opens but becomes unresponsive immediately.  After about 30 seconds of rainbow wheel, Logos crashes.  

13" MacBook Pro

OS X 10.6.8 

2.3 Ghz Intel Core i5

4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

I tried changing the default font on Logos, as recommended to another Mac/Logos5 user, but it didn't help me out.  

3157.Archive.zip

Posts 15722
Forum MVP
alabama24 | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 19 2013 1:32 PM

David - Good job on posting the logs and explaining the issue. Smile

I am only a "quasi" techie… someone more knowledgeable will need to give a look. I do have a suggestion for you, however. If you are ONLY trying to get the graph, without any of the other "stuff," you have a couple of choices. First, you can "right click" on (or near) the graph. This will allow you to create a PDF of ONLY the graph. When you go up to the drop down menu on the top left, you are trying to print/export the entire word study… not just the graph. 

Another option would be to take a screen shot. Command-Shift-4 will allow you to select a region of the screen to capture. You can get something like this:

OSX 10.9 | iOS 7 | L5 Gold | Mac Logs | Install

Posts 15722
Forum MVP
alabama24 | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 19 2013 1:35 PM

FYI - The "print/export" method that you were trying to do, will produce a PDF like this:

I think you can see that the other method produces a better quality image. 

Posts 16415
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 19 2013 2:57 PM

David:
I'm doing a word study and I click on the small graph that shows hits or words in books (above and to the right of the circle graph).  I then click on the drop down menu on the top left and select "Print/Export".   I want to export the graph as an image into a document

It's the bar chart you were trying to export (Graphing search results from the BWS) and then you encountered a system error/crash. The Logos developers need to look at this.

Dave
===

Windows PC, Android phone

Posts 4
David | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 19 2013 8:42 PM

Yes sir, it is the bar graph that I am after.  I used the screen shot technique suggested above to make it work as far as my homework is concerned, but it would be nice to figure out the problem for future Prints and Exports.  

Posts 16415
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 19 2013 9:07 PM

David:

Yes sir, it is the bar graph that I am after.  I used the screen shot technique suggested above to make it work as far as my homework is concerned, but it would be nice to figure out the problem for future Prints and Exports.  

I think you'll find it is fixed in the latest service release  SR-1

Dave
===

Windows PC, Android phone

Posts 15722
Forum MVP
alabama24 | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 20 2013 4:08 AM

Dave Hooton:
I think you'll find it is fixed in the latest service release  SR-1

David (not Dave Smile) - let us know if you find that to be the case.

Posts 4
David | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 20 2013 6:59 AM

Awesome!  I awoke to "new updates available," and my problem is fixed!  Its like Christmas morning haha.  Thanks friends.  

Posts 15722
Forum MVP
alabama24 | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 20 2013 7:06 AM

Glad to hear it. Yes Thanks for the update. Smile

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS