Personal books

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 4
Tod Kennedy | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Feb 24 2013 3:54 PM

Hello,  Where are personal books stored on the personal computer? Are they just the original docx file? Thank you, 

Posts 29209
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 24 2013 4:03 PM

Hey Tod Smile

Personal books must be compiled from the .docx (Word) doc. The .docx file is not stored in any way by Logos. Are you on Mac or PC? 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 26502
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 24 2013 10:27 PM

Tod Kennedy:

Hello,  Where are personal books stored on the personal computer? Are they just the original docx file? Thank you, 

See the wiki article http://wiki.logos.com/Personal_Books.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 19176
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 25 2013 1:03 AM

The compiled personal books are stored as .lbspbb files in ...Logos4\Data\{random}\ResourceManager\Resources. (At least that's on Windows; I'm not sure if the folder hierarchy is the same on Mac.) EDIT: Note: the folder name is still Logos4 even for Logos 5.

Posts 4
Tod Kennedy | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 25 2013 1:26 PM

I have pc with windows 7. I do not have this folder anyway that I can find. I can make books okay, but guess I do not save as personal books?? Just remember which I have made if I have a crash??? Thanks

Posts 26502
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 25 2013 1:34 PM

Tod Kennedy:
I do not have this folder anyway that I can find.

It's a hidden folder - so go to Control Panel > Folder Options > View to make them visible.

Tod Kennedy:
I do not save as personal books?? Just remember which I have made if I have a crash???

Compiled PB's are saved along with the rest of your resources. If you have a crash the resource metadata is still available in Tools > PErsonal Books, because that information is sync'd. So you can recreate your PB's provided you saved the docx files.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 19176
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 25 2013 2:53 PM

After doing what Dave explained for making hidden folders visible, you will find the Logos4 folder inside C:\Users\{YourUserName}\AppData\Local. A quick way to get to it is right-click on the Logos icon on your start menu, choose Properties, and then click "Open File Location."

Posts 55
J Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 31 2013 3:39 AM

Is there an easy way to make a Personal Book edit, like having it be a running commentary, link Logos books together, or do I need to erase the book every time I want to edit it, or do I just keep it out of Logos, until I’m confident that it is “finished”?

Posts 26502
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 31 2013 3:49 AM

J Hale:
do I need to erase the book every time I want to edit it, or do I just keep it out of Logos, until I’m confident that it is “finished”?

No. Just change the docx file, click "Edit" for the book in Logos and then click "Build book".

J Hale:
Is there an easy way to make a Personal Book edit, like having it be a running commentary, link Logos books together,

I don't understand this.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 55
J Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 31 2013 12:45 PM

I just looked at Personal Book, and I don’t know if I never saw it before, or if it’s new to Logos 5, but if you press Ctrl+F in the Personal Book panel, it will open a Find box. This helps tremendously finding the edit sources, since I have dozens of Public Domain books that I would have to sift through to get a book that I need editing.

Posts 29209
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 31 2013 1:44 PM

J Hale:
if you press Ctrl+F in the Personal Book panel, it will open a Find box

This is true in all resources, not just personal books. Smile

J Hale:
This helps tremendously finding the edit sources, since I have dozens of Public Domain books that I would have to sift through to get a book that I need editing.

I'm unsure what you mean… What does using the find box in a resource have to do with editing a personal book? (You don't edit a personal book in Logos, you edit it in Word). Or do you mean that you have combined a bunch of public domain books into a single personal book?

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 31 2013 2:01 PM

alabama24:
I'm unsure what you mean…

Let me change one word in his quote, and add some bold, to make it clearer: "if you press Ctrl+F in the Personal Book tool, it will open a Find box". It had never occurred to me to try that, but it works, and it will indeed be a big help. I hate having to scroll in the PB tool. It probably has the worst scrolling in the whole program. Now I just have to confirm whether it keeps the filtering while books are being [re]built.

Thanks for the tip!

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 29209
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 31 2013 2:12 PM

fgh:
"if you press Ctrl+F in the Personal Book tool, it will open a Find box"

BINGO! That must be what J meant. Good job detective. I think that explains everything. Smile

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 31 2013 2:26 PM

alabama24:
Good job detective.

Actually, I didn't even notice that he wrote 'panel' rather than 'tool' until I went to answer your post. Given the context, I read it as 'tool' all along, thus no detective work needed.Smile

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS