CPs - Closing this Friday - Don't Miss Out!!

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 21 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 6515
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 24 2013 5:57 PM

Ronald, if we push this https://www.logos.com/product/23959/classic-commentaries-and-studies-on-the-biblical-apocrypha-deuterocanon hard enough, we may get it for $30.00.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 2386
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 25 2013 5:12 AM

I hope so.

Posts 6515
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 25 2013 6:06 AM

Ronald Quick:
https://www.logos.com/product/29766/the-dialogues-of-plato

The cost is now down to $12.00. Let's see if we can get it down to $8.00 by Friday.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 2386
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 25 2013 9:19 AM

It's down to $35 - Logos has added $5 increments.

Posts 9167
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 25 2013 11:47 AM

Ronald Quick:

It's down to $35 - Logos has added $5 increments.

That's cool. Let's get it down $5 more!

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 2386
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 28 2013 5:14 AM

This is sooo close to $30 - only a few more bids to go.

Posts 3683
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 28 2013 9:33 AM

Ronald Quick:

This is sooo close to $30 - only a few more bids to go.

If lowering my bid to $30 would help...... Big Smile

Grace & Peace,
Bill

Asus GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 2386
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 28 2013 5:16 PM

Bump.

Posts 9167
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 28 2013 5:21 PM

When it gets this close I wish that the program would say how many more bids it would take to lower the price to the next level.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 502
Michael Kinch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 28 2013 7:17 PM

Lynden Williams:

Ronald Quick:
https://www.logos.com/product/29766/the-dialogues-of-plato

The cost is now down to $12.00. Let's see if we can get it down to $8.00 by Friday.

Why should we get this one?

Posts 498
Greg | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 28 2013 8:50 PM

Michael Kinch:
Why should we get this one?

Michael,

Aside from having some of the greatest philosophical works the western world has produced in Logos, the thought of some of the early church fathers, Augustine especially, were influenced by Plato's writings. For those interested, it'd be valuable to have Plato's writings in Logos and linked to all the other resources that refer to him.

The same reason could be given for Aristotle's writings too if one were studying Thomas Aquinas' Summa Theologica, as Aristotle is referred to quite often by Aquinas.

From a personal standpoint, reading the dialogues of Plato and studying them would be an education in reason and sound logic that could provide practical benefits to our every day lives. Not to mention the advantages that come from exploring such ideas like beauty, love, and good government.

Posts 2386
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 1 2013 1:38 PM

Bump

Posts 3683
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 1 2013 4:20 PM

Ronald Quick:

Hmmm.... did bidding actually close? It accepted my "successful" bid of $10 for Plato at about 3pm, as if bidding were still open!

At $10, I'd go ahead if Logos elects to honor the bid, but since bidding should've closed they sure don't have to... What's up???

Grace & Peace,
Bill

Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 9167
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 1 2013 4:25 PM

I've noticed this before. They are often several hours slow to updating the CP page once bidding has officially closed. My guess is that they will still honor your big but I doubt that it would ever change the final price.

Posts 3683
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 1 2013 4:32 PM

Bruce Dunning:

I've noticed this before. They are often several hours slow to updating the CP page once bidding has officially closed. My guess is that they will still honor your big but I doubt that it would ever change the final price.

I'm so on the fence on that one it's ok with me either way... just wondered what was up.

Grace & Peace,
Bill

Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 1 2013 4:51 PM

Bruce Dunning:
I doubt that it would ever change the final price

I just looked at it again, and I can assure you that the Classic Commentaries and Studies on the Biblical Apocrypha / Deuterocanon (42 vols.) has moved after noon. It can't possibly be more than one bid from $30 now. It's so close I can't even distinguish that there's more of the circle below than above the line.

Please, someone, put in that last bid and see the price go down to $30 for all of us.Smile

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 9167
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 1 2013 4:55 PM

fgh:

Bruce Dunning:
I doubt that it would ever change the final price

I just looked at it again, and I can assure you that the Classic Commentaries and Studies on the Biblical Apocrypha / Deuterocanon (42 vols.) has moved after noon. It can't possibly be more than one bid from $30 now. It's so close I can't even distinguish that there's more of the circle below than above the line.

Please, someone, put in that last bid and see the price go down to $30 for all of us.Smile

After reading your post I took a look again and I agree with you. It is so close!

That's why I keep saying that it would be great if they could put the actual number of bids needed as things go down to the wire. I think it would also make it more interesting and motivating for everyone.

Posts 70
james e snow | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 1 2013 8:47 PM

BillS:

I'm so on the fence on that one it's ok with me either way... just wondered what was up.

I bid on this also.  But if you have kindle or kindle for PC (which i do and is free) you can get Plato's Dialogues for free or at least it was when I downloaded.  I'm not sure if I will keep the order since I'm not sure the Logos software would give any advantages in reading this like a biblically related book.
Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 2 2013 6:31 AM

james e snow:
if you have kindle or kindle for PC (which i do and is free) you can get Plato's Dialogues for free

You can get them for free in Logos, through one of the Perseus collections. Here's Rosie's answer to why one might nevertheless want to get these as well: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/66739/465348.aspx#465348.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS