Also Crashing on startup

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 6
Dennis Davis | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 26 2013 8:19 AM

Hi, 

My Logos 5 started to crash on startup yesterday and continues today.  The only change that I made was to buy/download a new book but since then everytime I try to open Logos, i get one popup screen that says  'Logos has stopped working' and another screen that says it is indexing.  I left it overnight (about 12 hours) and when I got up this morning it was still indexing so I'm assuming there is something wrong.  This is my first time having any issues w/ Logos so all help is appreciated.  Also, I've attached the log files for everyone to see. 3617.Logos Log Files.zip

Posts 16162
Forum MVP
alabama24 | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 26 2013 8:36 AM

Dennis - It looks like you have a corrupt database, but I don't know which one to tell you, or where to locate it. I think it is related to syncing… Here is the error message:

2013-02-26 08:11:56.6648 19 Error SyncManager Unexpected exception encountered during synchronization - System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteException (0x80004005): The database disk image is malformed

OSX 10.9 | iOS 7 | L5 Gold | Mac Logs | Install

Posts 7702
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 26 2013 8:36 AM

Both your Logos and Indexer logs are showing errors. In Logos, it looks like your preferences file has got corrupted. If you close Logos and delete the following file, it should re-create the file next time you load the program.

E:\Logos5\Documents\ewnijyxg.tm5\UserPreferences\PreferencesManager.db

It's possible the indexer issue was caused by the same problem, it's hard to tell. If this doesn't stop the indexer crash, let us know.

Posts 6
Dennis Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 26 2013 8:44 AM

Mark, 

Awesome! That did the trick and I'm back in business.  Many thanks! :)

Posts 6
Dennis Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 26 2013 9:29 AM

Sorry, looks like I spoke too soon.  It worked well after I deleted the user preference.db but then when I locked my screen to go to a meeting and came back, the same problem recurred.  I deleted the same files again but now its still crashing.  I've attached the latest log file.  Is it possible that I will need to close out of the app everytime I lock my screen? 

5270.Logos Log Files.zip

Posts 7702
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 26 2013 12:28 PM

Dennis Davis:
Sorry, looks like I spoke too soon.  It worked well after I deleted the user preference.db but then when I locked my screen to go to a meeting and came back, the same problem recurred.  I deleted the same files again but now its still crashing.  I've attached the latest log file.  Is it possible that I will need to close out of the app everytime I lock my screen? 

This time it looks like a problem with your home page. It's possible that the preferences problem caused this problem, but it's a little worrying that you've had three different crashes now. I suggest you run a scan on your E drive before continuing, in case there's a deeper problem. If you get errors, let us know.

Assuming that comes up clear, it's hard to know if there's corruption in your home page, or whether there's corruption elsewhere (e.g. in your index) that is causing your home page to crash.

I suggest that you first delete your existing home page, and force Logos to regenerate it. With Logos closed, delete the files in E:\Logos5\Data\ewnijyxg.tm5\HomePage. Then open Logos and see if it crashes.

If it does crash, delete these files again, and open Logos to a blank workspace (to do this, hold down the CTRL key when you open Logos. Keep holding it down until Logos loads). Then force a reindex, by typing rebuild index in the command bar. Indexing takes a long time, but as the indexer previously crashed, it's possible that you have index corruption that's causing the crash. Once the reindexing has started, you can close Logos. Reopen it normally only after the indexing has finished, and see if the problem reoccurs.

Posts 6
Dennis Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 26 2013 3:55 PM

I ended up calling tech support.  They thought it was a weird issue as well but were able to rebuild my files so I'm in good shape for now  (then again, I said that earlier today too. :)  Thanks for all your help, Mark & co. 

Posts 7702
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 26 2013 4:28 PM

Glad you got it sorted. Thanks for reporting back.

Posts 16744
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 26 2013 5:52 PM

Dennis Davis:

I ended up calling tech support.  They thought it was a weird issue as well but were able to rebuild my files so I'm in good shape for now  (then again, I said that earlier today too. :)  Thanks for all your help, Mark & co. 

That's good because two other users had this Home Page crash  "Element of type 'System.Windows.Documents.Floater' cannot be placed within the scope of a Hyperlink".

Dave
===

Windows PC, Android phone

Posts 232
Geo Philips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 26 2013 6:29 PM

Hi Dennis,

What exactly did they ask you to do, if you dont mind me asking? I am having the same issue

Posts 6
Dennis Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 27 2013 8:17 AM

Hi Geo, 

I ended up calling tech support and they had to rebuild some of my databases.  I asked them if it was something I could do on my own and they advised to just call back in if it happens. 

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS