How would you set up a class with LOGOS?

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 166
Bob | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 26 2013 4:06 PM

I have a high school teacher who would like to use a LOGOS version of the New American bible (NABRE) as a text in his class.  Is there some simple way to get a LOGOS setup to allow 16 users to access this resource for a year without setting up 16 accounts?  Does LOGOS have some sort of way of supporting a class other than having each student buy a separate license? Sales was no help at all.

Bob - 17" MBP quad 2.3GHz 4GB  and iMAC

Posts 6644
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 26 2013 4:20 PM

The Logos license agreement restricts usage to one owner (his immediate family can also use it as long as they are not using it for ministry). See http://community.logos.com/forums/p/341/3265.aspx#3265  for Bob Pritchett's explanation.

I believe Logos would not allow this multiple use without multiple licenses. Unless someone from Logos chimes in, however, we are just going on what we've heard. If it has ever been done I am unaware of it.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 2891
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 26 2013 4:28 PM

As Mark says - not typically.  So I also know the answer if we don't ask.  

You might call customer service or contact Bob personally to see if there might be an available option using the on-line tools that LOGOS provides.  Some brainstorming might find a way through the normally closed doors.

Yours because His,

Floyd

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 1649
Room4more | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 26 2013 5:06 PM

Robert Phillips:

I have a high school teacher who would like to use a LOGOS version of the New American bible (NABRE) as a text in his class.  Is there some simple way to get a LOGOS setup to allow 16 users to access this resource for a year without setting up 16 accounts?  Does LOGOS have some sort of way of supporting a class other than having each student buy a separate license? Sales was no help at all.

Aside from the answers you may recieve here on the forum, Logso would be the best to answer your question. They are always in the mood to deal w/scholarly applications, it would serve you best to drop a dime and speak to whomever is in charge of the education applications at the moment @ the home office......or, you can email bob and seek his advice and counsel.

DISCLAIMER: What you do on YOUR computer is your doing.

Posts 741
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 26 2013 5:28 PM

I believe you can have each student register for the free Logos account, then ask for an academic cost for 16 or 17 copies of the NABRE. The cost of the bible without academic pricing is $16.95. I'm not sure how the school grants work these days, but you may even be able to pull from a grant for the purchase after Logos gives you an academic cost.

As I'm writing this, now I'm thinking about the credit card link. That may be a problem.

Anyway, there must be a solution for this. I can see Logos being used in an academic setting such as you describe as becoming a necessity soon.

Posts 1514
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 26 2013 5:50 PM

Maybe      http://biblia.com/

Posts 4625
Forum MVP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 26 2013 6:39 PM

David Ames:

Maybe      http://biblia.com/

Thanks, David!       Great idea!          *smile*       Peace to you!

and maybe even better might be  ...             http://bible.faithlife.com/books/niv2011/Ro1.1

bible.faithlife.com

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 1712
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 26 2013 8:21 PM

The academic price is also 16.95. You may be able to get a better price by calling.

Logos 2 Level 3, Logos 3 (series X) Scholars, Logos 4 Scholars Silver, Logos 5 Platinum, Biblical Languages, Reformed Platinum, Pentecostal Silver.
iPad 3, iPhone 5, Octo-core pc with 32gb of ddr3. Bibliolater. Abondservant.com

Posts 246
Brent Hoefling | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 27 2013 10:01 AM

abondservant:

The academic price is also 16.95. You may be able to get a better price by calling.

have everyone have their own registered, licensed copy of L5.

I made this a while back - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18272788/Get%20the%20Most.pdf

then have them all buy the resource you are requiring.  no sharing, and everyone ends up with their own, real copy of L5, that they can upgrade at will. :)

Posts 8235
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 27 2013 10:07 AM

I sent a link to this thread to the Catholic sales rep (NABRE being a Catholic Bible). I don't know what he can do, but I thought it worth a try.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 166
Bob | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 27 2013 10:25 AM

Thank you for your input. As I write this the plot has thickened a bit. This step of the process is to get the teachers in the religion department a LOGOS copy of the NABRE.  Someone has the opinion that perhaps they should learn the software before they teach using it.   Since the school will be paying they want to get it done with a single purchase order or credit card transaction.  Another is that the school would like to be able to hand the copy over to a replacement teacher when required.  Think of it as trying to emulate the purchase of 16 copies of the book.

Later will come the part of equipping 150 to 200 students.  

Bob - 17" MBP quad 2.3GHz 4GB  and iMAC

Posts 8235
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 27 2013 10:40 AM

Robert Phillips:
Someone has the opinion that perhaps they should learn the software before they teach using it.

Good idea.Big Smile

David has replied and promised to try to help you out as soon as he can.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS