Link Set Suggestion

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 555
John Kaess | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Mar 2 2013 9:49 AM

I would like the ability to denote 1 of the links in a link set to be the master link which all the other links then follow, but when I am in one of the "slave" links, scrolling before or after the link passage setting does NOT then change every other link in the set.  The "master" link would determine where all the "slave" links go, but changing a passage in a "slave" link would not change all the other links.  If no link is designated as a "master" link, then the link set would function exactly as it does now, but if one link is designated as the "master" link, then all "slave" links would follow only that link.

I find it very frustrating when having many resources open to a passage and linked together, that going elsewhere or even scrolling past the end of a passage then moves ALL the links in the set, and I have to go back and start over.

This suggestion would be an ENORMOUS help in my day to day usage of Logos 5.

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 2 2013 11:13 AM

You can vote for this at Linked Commentaries The current implementation of linked commentaries has some difficulties.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 555
John Kaess | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 2 2013 11:41 AM

Thanks for the user voice link.  I note that the original request was made in 2010.  I can't believe that others have not found the link behavior frustrating.  The idea of leader/follower or master/slave seems very obvious to me, as long as I can choose to designate which link is the leader/master *my normal use would be to have the passage guide as the leader/master, but not always) or choose to not have a leader/master with all links then equal.  Seems like a no brainer win-win to me.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS