Please help move the Early Bible Translations Collection from Prepub to CP

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Mar 2 2013 2:00 PM

The Early Bible Translations Collection (15 vols.) is a way overpriced bundle with some really interesting titles (a couple of targumim among other things). For some reason Logos didn't move it over to CP when every other Public Domain collection was moved there (personally I suspect they simply missed it).

Because of the price, it hardly moves at all. Last April it was at 40%. Now it's at 44%. With that progress it's going to take at least another 11 years to get it into production... I'm pretty sure it would move a lot faster than that on CP -- not to talk about the fact that I could then afford it.Smile

I've already tried to convince Logos to move it. Last year's attempt resulted in nothing. When I tried again yesterday, Dan argued that the low interest made it a low priority to move. Catch 22...

Please help me convince Dan and the CP team that it isn't the interest that's too low, but the price that's too high. Go to the [relatively] new Uservoice site for CP's and vote for Move the Early Bible Translations Collection from prepub to CP. Since the site is so new I bet you all have the maximum 3 votes to spare for this.Smile

And then you can add your remaining votes to the other suggestions I just added there: Add more Jewish works to CPAdd more Patristic works to CP, and Add more Medieval works to CP.Smile

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 2 2013 2:36 PM

you have all 10 of my votes

Posts 9215
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 2 2013 5:46 PM

Somehow this resource escaped my notice. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I totally agree with you!!!

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 3 2013 9:33 AM

Bump for those who haven't seen this yet.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 4 2013 5:31 AM

Bump.

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 767
Alan Charles Gielczyk | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 4 2013 6:04 AM

Absolutely! I will not be buying this on prepub but would jump on a CP for sure.

Posts 2754
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 4 2013 6:26 AM

Agreed. I have added my vote to the Uservoice site.

Regards

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 302
JPH | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 4 2013 9:30 AM

YesYesYes

Posts 308
Dean J | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 4 2013 12:38 PM

added my votes

Posts 226
Michael A. Lasley | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 4 2013 4:37 PM

They did it!

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 4 2013 4:46 PM

Michael Lasley:

They did it!

Yes

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 4 2013 5:47 PM

Look at that! I thought they would cave in, but I didn't expect to see it quite that fast.Smile  

Thanks, Logos!  Don't forget to release out votes.Wink

Now go and bid for it!

And don't forget to move your votes over to my other suggestions.Big Smile

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 10771
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 4 2013 6:14 PM

Thank you, Dan

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 451
Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 4 2013 6:20 PM

Link for the lazy.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS