Logos 5 Training Manuals

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 16
Charlie Robinson | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Mar 5 2013 6:02 AM

I appreciate Logos and all it offers. It is an incredible resource for my study on Scripture and beyond. However, I would like to make a suggestion. Since I have paid hundreds (actually thousands) of dollars for the software shouldn't I get the training manuals for free? Instead of having to pay another $25?

Posts 3703
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 5 2013 12:27 PM

Actually that's not a bad suggestion. We just bought a new car and the instruction manual, actually DVD, came free. so why not Logos?

mm.

mm.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 5 2013 12:46 PM

Milkman:

Actually that's not a bad suggestion. We just bought a new car and the instruction manual, actually DVD, came free. so why not Logos?

mm.

But the pleasure is in the process of discovery.  Do you want to shortchange yourself?  Wink  Wink  Big Smile

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 3205
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 5 2013 1:03 PM

Charlie Robinson:

I appreciate Logos and all it offers. It is an incredible resource for my study on Scripture and beyond. However, I would like to make a suggestion. Since I have paid hundreds (actually thousands) of dollars for the software shouldn't I get the training manuals for free? Instead of having to pay another $25?

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 709
Steve Maling | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 5 2013 1:13 PM

One factor to keep in mind is that the Training Manuals are produced by Morris Proctor, not Logos itself.

Posts 270
KJ Niblett | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 5 2013 2:40 PM

The manual can be discovered for free by pressing alt+p

Posts 3703
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 5 2013 6:53 PM

George. True. But the DVD sure saves a lot of time. It's cool to see how to change a new wiper blade instead of trying to do it yourself, taking longer than normal and chancing breaking it. Sounds simple to change a blade, but with these new cars, there's a lot of newness that goes with them.

However to your point. Configuring the XM Radio was certainly a process of discovery, but in the end I did that for myself and don't need to go back to the manual/DVD.

mm.

mm.

Posts 4
Melvin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 5 2013 7:17 PM

Problem that's overlooked is how would you keep the manuals current? Logos is changing often, especially in the core package. Any manual you get is out of date within a month. Could the be why there is no DUMMY's book for Logos?

Posts 27
Victor Morrison | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 5 2013 9:19 PM

Does it not make sense to have the manuals as a Logos book that can be updated as changes are made to the program.  Isn't that what they do with all the other books we own through Logos?

Posts 4
Melvin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 5 2013 10:05 PM

Upgrading a manual to keep up with the updates would mean reformatting pages, changing paragraph layout and updating glossaries and indexes. Only what that it could be done reasonably is an electronic manual, almost like printing the help pages from the program.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS