Product Development/ Suggestion

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2
Paul K. Sulkowski SFO | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Mar 15 2013 4:06 PM

I am wondering who/ decides what documents are made available for the software.

The reason I ask this is I was recently in a discussion with a Sedevacantist.  What jumped into my mind was it would help resolve a lot of the issues if there was an interlinear version of Vatican II.

Thanks

Paul K. Sulkowski SFO, KoC

Posts 9009
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 15 2013 8:12 PM

Welcome to the forums Paul. We hope you come back often.

There is a semi-formal way to make suggestions for resources. Here is the link - http://community.logos.com/forums/28.aspx Just go there are post your suggestion and hope for the best.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 2278
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 16 2013 2:38 AM

Hi Paul,

In addition, Logos encourages users to post suggestions to suggest@logos.com.

Blessings

Posts 18757
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 16 2013 3:15 AM

Hi Paul,

Let me add my welcome.

There's yet another place to submit requests for new Logos resources, and that's the Logos Prepub forum on Uservoice: https://prepub.uservoice.com.

It might be confusing which method to choose to get your ideas heard.

1) The Suggestions forum is a free-for-all with all kinds of suggestions, about new features in the software as well as new books. But there's the opportunity to interact with other users about those suggestions.

2) The email address (suggest@logos.com) goes directly to an Inbox at Logos where it is monitored by an employee, and those suggestions are added to their big spreadsheet that they use when appealing to publishers to negotiate for rights to publish works of theirs digitally. The more users have requested a book, the higher the priority. I suppose that also the more books by a given publisher are in the list, the better chance Logos will start up a dialogue with that publisher about those works, but I'm really not sure how Logos prioritizes which books to work on first.

3) Finally, the Uservoice Prepub forum is the newest addition to the bunch. It gives the opportunity for users to vote on suggestions to help bump them up in priority. That's similar to placing thumbs up Yes or +1 in the forum when you agree with someone's suggestion, but the forum feedback by other users is probably not monitored as closely by Logos, whereas the number of votes on Uservoice is very measurable so it's more likely to have an impact. However not as many users know about the Uservoice forum yet since it's kind of new. So spread the word!

Anyway, take your pick, or bombard all three with your suggestions if you've got the time. The more the merrier! Smile

Posts 10126
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 16 2013 4:15 AM

Paul,

while others made valuable suggestions about suggesting new resources to Logos (you may additionally try direct e-mail to the Catholic product manager), I'm curious about the content of your suggestion: Logos has the Vatican II documents in English and Latin (and Spanish on PrePub)  which flow automatically in linked tabs if you want them to. What benefit would an interlinear version give?

My assumption from reading a bit about sedevacantism would be that they deny the validity of these documents (or the non-heretical status of the popes elected after Vat II), but not the translation from Latin to English.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS