My Library is Gone!

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 6
Brian Aunkst | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Mar 16 2013 10:27 AM

I had to do a factory restore on my laptop, so I had to reinstall my Logos 5.  I downloaded the new installer, and installation seemed to go OK.  But when I opened Logos 5, there was no Library!  I typed in Update Now, and when it checked for updates, it said it found some, so I clicked to download them and then clicked to install them.  They never installed!  How do I get my Library back?!

Posts 1649
Room4more | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 16 2013 10:35 AM

Brian Aunkst:

I had to do a factory restore on my laptop, so I had to reinstall my Logos 5.  I downloaded the new installer, and installation seemed to go OK.  But when I opened Logos 5, there was no Library!  I typed in Update Now, and when it checked for updates, it said it found some, so I clicked to download them and then clicked to install them.  They never installed!  How do I get my Library back?!

Since you state that you did a clean install of L5, then your library should have auto downloaded, depending on your internet connections, it could take a spell. Also, it should have asked for a login where you provide your sign-in just as you do to get to the forums. I see no reason why it would not have downloaded based on the info you provided.

try this start the program and once it starts click the sync arrows.....

[did you back up your resources?]

DISCLAIMER: What you do on YOUR computer is your doing.

Posts 6
Brian Aunkst | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 16 2013 10:54 AM

Yes, it should have auto downloaded, but it apparently did not.  I have cable internet, so my speed is very good, but Windows indicates no process that is downloading anything; it has also been over 24 hours, and still my Library is empty--not even a Bible!  It did ask for my sign-in, which I did.  I too can see no reason it did not download.  I also tried the sync arrows, and it says "synchronization is enabled and all items are up to date."  Yes, I have a backup of everything, but it just seems like Logos 5 is not running right.  I would like to get it fixed before I try to restore from backup.

Posts 28723
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 16 2013 11:01 AM

Two thoughts:

1. Make absolutely sure you used the same credentials. Can you log on to biblia.com and see your resources there? If so, did you use the same username & password when you installed Logos?
  2. After you have checked your credentials, use the command "update resources"

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1649
Room4more | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 16 2013 11:03 AM

Brian Aunkst:

Yes, it should have auto downloaded, but it apparently did not.  I have cable internet, so my speed is very good, but Windows indicates no process that is downloading anything; it has also been over 24 hours, and still my Library is empty--not even a Bible!  It did ask for my sign-in, which I did.  I too can see no reason it did not download.  I also tried the sync arrows, and it says "synchronization is enabled and all items are up to date."  Yes, I have a backup of everything, but it just seems like Logos 5 is not running right.  I would like to get it fixed before I try to restore from backup.

Dun't know why? but go to your back-up / locate the resources folder / copy it to the resources folder of the Logos5 install / start logos5......see if it recognizes the resources.

A clean Install of L5 should have no problems unless you did a 'custom' install instead of a 'typical'....

Posts 11328
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 16 2013 11:09 AM

The normal issues, as Room4More mentions, is either the logon, or a restart.

But what you're describing sort of happened to me this last week, when I was supposed to get a resource purchase. I turned on the L5 internet switch (I keep it off), plus the upgrade switch. Re-started L5 and waited.

Sure enough, it started to download. At first it said 30meg. But while it was downloading it switched to 48meg. Then 64meg. At last it finished. I went and checked the library and homepage. Neither suggested anything new. 

So I tried it again. Same thing.

Finally an hour later, it worked. (For me) there was something that was going on that wasn't normal. 

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 16 2013 11:57 AM

Brian Aunkst:
Yes, I have a backup of everything, but it just seems like Logos 5 is not running right.  I would like to get it fixed before I try to restore from backup.

Would like to look at Logos diagnostic log files => http://www.logos.com/support/logos5/windows/logging

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 6
Brian Aunkst | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 16 2013 12:27 PM

Here are the log files.

Posts 6
Brian Aunkst | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 16 2013 12:28 PM

Here is the other one.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 16 2013 12:46 PM

Brian Aunkst:

Here is the other one.

LogosIndexer.log file shows all download jobs failed to create so nothing was downloaded.

Wonder about reset of Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) => http://community.logos.com/forums/p/53710/392247.aspx#392247

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 6
Brian Aunkst | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 16 2013 3:47 PM

Apparently resetting the BITS worked! Big Smile  I don't even pretend to understand what or how, but I am extremely grateful for all you for your assistance!

Posts 1649
Room4more | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 16 2013 3:58 PM

Brian Aunkst:

Apparently resetting the BITS worked! Big Smile  I don't even pretend to understand what or how, but I am extremely grateful for all you for your assistance!

yes, this is interesting, but I never had this problem when I did 4 installs, but then I did not do a "factory restore" these were on clean machines. I am wondering if the 'factory restore' inadvertently changed a setting back to default?

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS