Hebrew Bubble

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2
Dan Demeter | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Mar 18 2013 1:33 PM

Hello,  I had a question about the bubble that appears when the cursor hovers over the Hebrew text of the Old Testament.  Unlike the Greek, the Hebrew bubble does not show an English gloss for the Hebrew word.  is there a way to set the bubble so that an English gloss appears along with the other parsing information (just as it already does with the Greek NT)? 

Posts 24572
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 18 2013 2:36 PM

Welcome Dan

A lot of Greek texts have hidden Louw-Nida numbers from which a gloss can be provided; you will see the LN number when you right click the word. Texts like Lexham Hebrew Bible or BHS 4.2, BHS/WIVU don't have that sort of information (e.g. Strong's Hebrew number) and that's why there is no gloss.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 9969
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 18 2013 3:34 PM

Just adding to the conversation. BHS-SESB2 includes both english and german glosses in the 'circle'/popup.

Lexham Hebrew Interlinear of course has the glosses, but not in the popup! 

Posts 2
Dan Demeter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 18 2013 4:24 PM

Thank you for your replies.  I was digging around and found another post which said that something called the Anderson-Forbes Hebrew text was tagged with glosses. But i'm not sure how to follow up on these options. Would either of you know how I might go about getting my hands on either of these two Hebrew resources?  I haven't been able to find them when I searched the the Logos site.  Thanks again!

Posts 9969
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 18 2013 5:20 PM

BHS-SESB2 is in http://www.logos.com/product/18617/german-bible-society-bundle 

Have you considered a hebrew interlinear? http://www.logos.com/product/2056/lexham-hebrew-english-interlinear-bible 

Even if you want to avoid the interlinear, Logos5 info-panel would act as a popup with the gloss.

Posts 24572
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 18 2013 6:13 PM

Dan Demeter:
Thank you for your replies.  I was digging around and found another post which said that something called the Anderson-Forbes Hebrew text was tagged with glosses.

It would appear you can only get that with the Logos 5 Bronze package (or higher), because it comes with Hebrew Syntax Search

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS