Labels for the "Prefer These Resources" List

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 123
NNic | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Mar 20 2013 5:11 AM

In Monday's post from Morris Proctor, he provided a way to prioritise resources by creating empty Personal Books, which I have done. The thing I'm not able to do is the second part - to get these titles to show in 'Prioritise' so that I can place the prioritise books under the appropriate headings.

Can anyone help please

Posts 22083
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 20 2013 5:37 AM

Hi Norman

You need to have your library window open with the Prioritize tab open.

Then "drag" the title of a personal book to the Prioritize tab and release.

Does this help?

Graham

Posts 27801
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 20 2013 5:59 AM

Norman Nicoll:
In Monday's post from Morris Proctor, he provided a way to prioritise resources by creating empty Personal Books, which I have done.

Just to clarify: Morris Proctor's blog wasn't about HOW to prioritize… it was about how to keep track of your prioritization list organizationally. His blog post assumes you already know how to prioritize. HERE is a link to the wiki about prioritization. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 123
NNic | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 20 2013 6:35 AM

Graham it's the empty but titled personal book I am trying to drag

Norman

Posts 123
NNic | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 20 2013 6:37 AM

Yes, I do realise this. and you're right it's not about how to prioritise. I simply want to know how to get the empty personal books into the prioritise list

Norman

Posts 123
NNic | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 20 2013 6:39 AM

Hi Graham, problem is when I try and drag the title of the personal book the library window closes

N

Posts 123
NNic | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 20 2013 7:05 AM

The added Personal Books do not show up under the Library > 'in Personal Books' and the logo's are not selectable for dragging.

Posts 27801
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 20 2013 7:08 AM

Norman Nicoll:
Hi Graham, problem is when I try and drag the title of the personal book the library window closes

Did you compile the personal book? You should be dragging the PB from your LIBRARY list to the prioritization section of the library. It sounds to me like you are trying to drag the book from the personal book builder tool. Is that right? If not, can you post screen shots?

Posts 123
NNic | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 20 2013 7:20 AM

I have resolved the issue. This was not made part of the explanation - I had to create a Word document for the headings in order to build the book. 

Posts 27801
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 20 2013 7:44 AM

Norman Nicoll:
I had to create a Word document for the headings in order to build the book. 

Yes. A personal book must have a .docx file and be compiled… otherwise there is no book. 

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS