Tip: What is Community Pricing (CP)?

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
This post has 0 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 29932
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 21 2013 9:25 AM

What is Community Pricing (CP)?

Community Pricing is a method Logos uses to help get public domain works into production, at a low cost to users. Here are the basics:

1. Logos determines the cost of production to them. 
  2. Logos sets increments that users can place "bids" on.
  3. Users decide how much they would be willing to pay for a resource.
  4. When enough users place a bid at any price point that covers the production cost, Logos announces that bidding will close.
  5. Other bidders can join in bidding up until bidding closes (which is on a Friday at noon, PST)
  6. The price can continue to go down up until closing, (if additional bidders bid to raise a lower price point to the production cost)
  7. A bid for a higher amount is also a bid for every lower price point (i.e. a bid for $20 is also a bid for $15).
  8. All "successful" bidders will receive the resource at the price at closing (i.e. a $20 bidder will receive it for the successful bid of $15. 
  9. Successful bidders do not pay for the resource until it "ships." This can be many months! (Remember, at this stage, Logos is shooting to recover costs.)
  10. After bidding closes, the resource is available for "pre-pub" at a higher amount. When it "ships," the price goes up again.  

Promo Video:http://www.logos.com/products/search?Status=Community+Pricing 

Here is an example of what the bidding looks like. Notice that my bid of $35 is green, indicating that it is "winning." Also notice that $30 bidders are close to being included. NOTE: enough new bidders at ANY price point $30 and above will lower the price for all "successful" bidders. Current bidders lowering their bids to $30 will have no effect, with the exception that they might lose out on the bid.

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS