*** YOU WANT THIS RESOURCE *** YOU WANT THIS RESOURCE *** YOU WANT THIS RESOURCE ***

Page 2 of 2 (40 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 39 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 85
Armwood | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 4 2013 5:55 PM

This book is on cbd.com for $70.49,  pre -order it  here for  $19.95   Whisper

Armwood

Posts 4772
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 6 2013 9:43 AM

Armwood:

This book is on cbd.com for $70.49,  pre -order it  here for  $19.95   Whisper

What he said. Bid here.

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 6 2013 9:55 AM

Logos - any chance of a blog post on this resource to boost coverage and get it across the line? 

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 6 2013 11:46 AM

David Paul:

This poor thing has been festering in PrePub obscurity for YEARS! Why???

Look at the essays included...then look at the price! What a DEAL!! What a STEAL!!!

As the learned scholar Sid Vicious once said, "C'mon Everybody!" Let's get this gem cut, polished, and gleaming in our libraries where it belongs!

IdeaYes

I just took a look at it.  I'm wondering whether there might not be a typo in the page.

""The Ten Commandments, Reading from Left to Right," David Clines"  Shouldn't that be "Right to Left"?

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 4772
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 6 2013 2:15 PM

George Somsel:

I just took a look at it.  I'm wondering whether there might not be a typo in the page.

""The Ten Commandments, Reading from Left to Right," David Clines"  Shouldn't that be "Right to Left"?

It's possible, although the rabbis who have studied the text as an artifact have found numerous embedded phenomena in the text. I'm not talking Bible code stuff exactly, but similar. Find the first ת in Genesis. Count fifty. Count fifty again. Count fifty again. What have you got? Do the same in Exodus. What have you got?

Perhaps something similar is the subject of the paper...

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 6 2013 3:02 PM

David Paul:

George Somsel:

It's possible, although the rabbis who have studied the text as an artifact have found numerous embedded phenomena in the text. I'm not talking Bible code stuff exactly, but similar. Find the first ת in Genesis. Count fifty. Count fifty again. Count fifty again. What have you got? Do the same in Exodus. What have you got?

Perhaps something similar is the subject of the paper...

David Clines is a recognized Hebrew and OT scholar.  Not even his reputation would keep him from being laughed out of the room if he were to propose something so hair-brained as that.  It is something that belongs to the Kabbalists.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 4772
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 6 2013 3:05 PM

I always thought you might be someone who would deny the undeniable...and now you just proved it.

And, of course, there's Prov. 18:13.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 6 2013 3:25 PM

David Paul:

I always thought you might be someone who would deny the undeniable...and now you just proved it.

And, of course, there's Prov. 18:13.

If it were truly undeniable then I wouldn't have denied it, would I?

george
gfsomsel

Posts 4772
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 6 2013 3:45 PM

Upon reflection, George, I must admit you are right. Titus 1:16  1 Jn. 2:22  2 Pet. 2:1

It's is possible to deny something for which unassailable proof exists.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 6 2013 4:04 PM

David Paul:

Upon reflection, George, I must admit you are right. Titus 1:16  1 Jn. 2:22  2 Pet. 2:1

It's is possible to deny something for which unassailable proof exists.

Since I don't agree with you I am a detestable heretic?  Hmmm.  There must be a LOT of heretics floating around.

george
gfsomsel

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 6 2013 5:02 PM

David and George: please start behaving like adults and Zip it!.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 4772
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 6 2013 6:07 PM

Bid on this essay collection and find out for yourself what David Clines means. $19.95 is the cheapest price I've ever seen for any Sheffield title. Take advantage of this rare opportunity and BID!

Posts 18772
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 6 2013 6:11 PM

David Paul:

Bid on this essay collection and find out for yourself what David Clines means. $19.95 is the cheapest price I've ever seen for any Sheffield title. Take advantage of this rare opportunity and BID!

It's not a CP. You don't bid per se. You just pre-order it at this great price, or wait and have to pay more, or skip it altogether.

Posts 27814
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 6 2013 6:19 PM

OK. I'm in. Smile

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 4772
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 6 2013 6:22 PM

I think the fact that it is so dirt cheap is why I keep thinking that it's on CP. These Sheffield titles usually go for anywhere from $60 to $160 each. I don't know why this one is priced so low, but it's a rare opportunity to get a nice collection of essays.

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 11 2013 12:56 AM

*BUMP*

After a flurry of activity, this nice-looking resource has stalled again.

https://www.logos.com/product/6610/words-remembered-texts-renewed-essays-in-honour-of-john-f-a-sawyer 

Posts 93
Fab | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 11 2013 3:42 AM

If you really need it I can give it to you in pdf format. Send me text message.

Posts 2038
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 11 2013 3:57 AM

I need the Hosea III in the Septuagint, by Muraoka. Email it to me please, just that chapter or the whole book, at: inf92o@cy87kelta43xi.se (remove the numbers):

Fab:
If you really need it I can give it to you in pdf format. Send me text message.

Aply!
trulyergonomic.com 6,200own
12G A9-9420 V8.6 Acc 11
d:'13Q3 12G

Posts 93
Fab | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 12 2013 3:50 PM

Hey Unix, did you receive the document?

Posts 2038
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 12 2013 3:52 PM

Hi Fab! Yes I did yesterday, thanks!

Aply!
trulyergonomic.com 6,200own