Page 1 of 1 (19 items)
This post has 18 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 22115
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Apr 1 2013 7:18 AM

If in the NRSV, I select a word in the New Testament and run a BWS against it the only results returned are from the deuterocanonical books!

can anyone confirm this?

Thanks, Graham

Posts 27817
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 1 2013 7:51 AM

At first glance, I am getting strange results. I need to run right now, but can you give us a word & verse to check?

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 22115
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 1 2013 7:54 AM

"Man" in Mark 14:51 demonstrates it, but it seems to be happening on every word.

Posts 22115
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 1 2013 7:57 AM

And the same issue seems to exist in the Verbum app as well

Posts 27817
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 1 2013 9:36 AM

Confirmed:

Posts 22115
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 1 2013 9:43 AM

Thanks Alabama

Posts 4264
LogosEmployee
Kevin Byford (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 1 2013 10:30 AM

Graham Criddle:

If in the NRSV, I select a word in the New Testament and run a BWS against it the only results returned are from the deuterocanonical books!

can anyone confirm this?

Thanks, Graham

Thanks for the report Graham, I'll write up a case for our development department.
Posts 22115
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 1 2013 10:41 AM

Thanks Kevin

Its appreciated, Graham

Posts 47
JD | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 1 2013 7:44 PM

The Old Testament part of NRSV is parallel to the LXX (the most complete Old Testament) therefore it shows the results from ALL books of the Old Testament in my Logos, at least...The problem is not having the LXX in the library, IMHO.  

Posts 27817
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 1 2013 7:48 PM

Janusz Dubiel, BA, BTh, MA, MATh:
it shows the results from ALL books of the Old Testament in my Logos

This forum & thread is about the iOS (iPad, iPhone) app, not the desktop one. Wink

Posts 47
JD | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 1 2013 7:54 PM

Again, if one searches in the NRSV only, then it is confirmed that deuterocanonicals only are displayed because the "regular" Old Testament of the NRSV is based on the Tanak, and not on the LXX.   The reason for this is that the original Logos' NRSV was based on the Hebrew text, and not on the Greek text !  The error is based on the initial approach to the NRSV by the Logos team.  

Posts 27817
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 1 2013 8:16 PM

I <think> I understand now. Hey, it's all Greek to me. Embarrassed

Posts 22115
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 1 2013 9:36 PM

As Alabama points out above the issue is with the iOS app, not the desktop one, although I am intrigued how you got the NRSV to display Greek search results for the deuterocanonical booksSmile

Posts 8088
LogosEmployee

Graham Criddle:

I am intrigued how you got the NRSV to display Greek search results for the deuterocanonical booksSmile

If you own the NRSV Apocrypha Reverse Interlinear (http://www.logos.com/product/7130/english-greek-reverse-interlinear-of-the-nrsv-apocryphal-texts), it will enable Greek/lemma/morph searching in those books (just as you can already search Greek in the NRSV NT if you own the NT reverse interlinear).

Posts 22115
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 1 2013 11:13 PM

Bradley Grainger (Logos):
If you own the NRSV Apocrypha Reverse Interlinear (http://www.logos.com/product/7130/english-greek-reverse-interlinear-of-the-nrsv-apocryphal-texts), it will enable Greek/lemma/morph searching in those books (just as you can already search Greek in the NRSV NT if you own the NT reverse interlinear).

Thanks Bradley

That makes senseYes

Graham

Posts 22115
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 25 2013 9:08 AM

Kevin Byford:

Graham Criddle:

can anyone confirm this?

Thanks, Graham

Thanks for the report Graham, I'll write up a case for our development department.

Hi Kevin

Any update on this?

I've checked in the latest update and the problem is still there.

With NRSV as my highest prioritised Bible it makes BWS on the iPad not very helpfulSmile

Thanks, Graham

Posts 59
Warren Hicks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 26 2013 11:42 AM

I'm having the exact same problem still. Any updates on this?

Posts 22115
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 19 2013 2:40 PM

It would be really good to get this fixed.

Any updates?

Posts 10339
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 19 2013 3:44 PM

Well, the truth emerges at last. When my desktop search using the NRSV wouldn't touch the apocrypha, Bradley kind of smiled.  I wondered why.

Little did I realize, I could have switched over to my iPod! The technical sophistication of Logos is just amazing.  Multi-cross-platform-resource-specific  searches with fly-by-wire-syncing.

Page 1 of 1 (19 items) | RSS