reinstall logos 4

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 42
David Jordan | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Apr 5 2013 8:10 AM

Got a new computer at work (I work at a church) - I have logos 4 still, and need to re-install the logos 4 exe. it will then see my login and download my resources. Where can I find that online, so I don't have to dig up my discs?  Is this still possible? Sorry if this has already been covered in another post. Thanks very much!

Posts 27775
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 5 2013 8:23 AM

David - 

You can find the download link HERE. If your computer meets the requirements, you can also install L5 for free (engine only). I would recommend this. 

EDIT: I'm a little confused... but so may you be. You are in the L4 Mac forum, but you ask about an ".exe," which is for windows. The link I provided is for Mac only. The link in the post below will provide windows links as well.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 27775
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 5 2013 8:24 AM

Here is a link to the wiki with installation links: http://wiki.logos.com/Getting_Started_with_Logos#Installation_.2b_Indexing 

Posts 42
David Jordan | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 5 2013 8:45 AM

Good catch. I personally use a mac at home, but a pc at church.

I clicked the wiki link but got this error when I clicked the "logos 4 PC installer." 

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below. <Error> <Code>AccessDenied</Code> <Message>Access Denied</Message> <RequestId>BF0B6B84BB7FAA57</RequestId> <HostId> fKeZ9mn3J63tlr2R/siGkTdWowvFltnZQv3dgkQ5u8zuk03E4gYVUWSUaoHEGXE9 </HostId> </Error>
Posts 27775
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 5 2013 9:19 AM

David Jordan:
I clicked the wiki link but got this error when I clicked the "logos 4 PC installer." 

Here is the same page as before, but the windows version: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/68021.aspx

Seriously though… when you said "new computer," do you mean "new to you," or "new." I can't think of any reason not to upgrade to the L5 engine for free, unless your computer is incapable of running it. 

Posts 42
David Jordan | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 5 2013 9:24 AM

Its a new hot rod. Big Smile (I do lots of multi media work for the church as well) I'm installing the logos 5 engine now and it's currently downloading resources. Thanks for your help.

Posts 27775
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 5 2013 9:34 AM

David Jordan:
Its a new hot rod.

Let's not go overboard here. It's still a PC. Smile

I used to do video work for my churches. At one time I built a computer & also spent quite a few pennies on a custom built PC. When it blew up, I bought my first Mac. 

Posts 42
David Jordan | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 5 2013 11:20 AM

for sure. I used to work for Dreamworks on their animated features utilizing over 16 server procs to do local work via fiber and multi-gigabit connections. And that wasn't using any of my 8 processor, 8-core local procs and little of my local memory. But that is, as Paul said, all counted as loss for the sake of Christ. So "hot rod" has now been redefined in my world. Many blessings brother.

Posts 27775
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 5 2013 12:15 PM

Wow. Smile

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS