Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 102
Jeromy Waunch | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Apr 6 2013 8:43 AM

When linking a scripture reference, if the Bible book is not capitalized (in the address/link field), then it will not successfully link the scripture reference.

Posts 242
Kelly Flones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 9 2013 11:04 AM

I looked into this and in order to link properly to scripture references, the abbreviation needs to be capitalized. This falls in line with the list of recognized Bible book name abbreviations that you can find here: http://www.logos.com/support/windows/L3/book_abbreviations . The application requires this on both Mac and Windows.

Posts 102
Jeromy Waunch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 9 2013 11:10 AM

Oops, my mistake.  But thanks, thanks for checking!

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 9 2013 12:30 PM

Kelly Flones:
in order to link properly to scripture references, the abbreviation needs to be capitalized

Not on Mac stable. If the beta requires it, it's a regression and should be fixed.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 242
Kelly Flones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 9 2013 1:05 PM

You are absolutely right. I should have checked this in 5.0b, I had initially tested in 5.1, but should have considered that this may be an issue with the new editor. I will create a case to investigate this issue.

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 9 2013 1:21 PM

Good thing the new notes editor is of so much interest to me that I'm keeping more of an eye on the Beta forum than I normally do.Big Smile

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 32
LogosEmployee
Grayson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 12 2013 2:54 PM

The capitalization bug has been fixed.  The improved (and less stringent) hyperlink box will be available in the next beta.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS