Moody titles will be going away

Page 2 of 19 (372 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 371 Replies | 22 Followers

Posts 1735
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 10 2013 1:35 PM

What if we already purchased them?  Will we still have access please?

--Panic stricken Mdiv Student--

Posts 9239
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 10 2013 1:36 PM

Rosie Perera:

Bruce Dunning:
That is very cool Rosie. How did you discover that?

Someone posted it on the forums and I took note of it for future reference. It must have been revealed initially by a Logos employee, as I can't imagine anyone guessing that.

I didn't think that was "general knowledge". I have followed your example and saved this for future reference. Thanks!

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 9239
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 10 2013 1:37 PM

Joshua Lieder:

--Panic stricken Mdiv Student--

Once you have purchased any book in Logos it is yours for life. You will always have access to it.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 28361
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 10 2013 1:37 PM

Joshua Lieder:

You won't ever lose resources you have already purchased. You just won't be able to buy new ones from Moody.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 10 2013 1:39 PM

Any Moody's must-have titles before it's too late?

Posts 1735
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 10 2013 1:44 PM

I went here https://www.logos.com/user/wishlists but dont know how to tell which are the Moody Titles.  I want to buy the lower cost ones if there is a chance I may not be able to get them later.  Kent...this is very stressful.

Posts 9239
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 10 2013 1:47 PM

Paul-C:

I had the same question and would love to hear what people recommend.

I already went through picking out two books that I only had paper versions but eventually wanted digital copies because I consider both of these classics:

http://www.logos.com/product/7443/living-by-the-book-the-art-and-science-of-reading-the-bible

http://www.logos.com/product/7732/spiritual-leadership-principles-of-excellence-for-every-believer

Posts 389
James C. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 10 2013 1:48 PM

"&unlocked=no"

I can't get this search string to work. Can you give me an exact example to try? Thanks

Posts 18876
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 10 2013 1:50 PM

James C.:

"&unlocked=no"

I can't get this search string to work. Can you give me an exact example to try? Thanks

Try this URL exactly as it is:

http://www.logos.com/products/search?q=publisher%3amoody&unlocked=no

Posts 389
James C. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 10 2013 2:01 PM

thank you

Posts 1735
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 10 2013 2:27 PM

This is a classic too...don't miss it everyone.

http://www.logos.com/product/7444/science-and-the-bible

Posts 2006
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 10 2013 2:46 PM

Kent Hendricks:

Sometime in the very near future, all Moody titles not in the public domain will be removed from Logos.com and will not be available for purchase.

This could happen as early as today.

We do not know when or if they will be coming back.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

I just found this contact information at the Moody Publishers website, I sent them a request asking them to do all that is possible within their power to reverse the action mentioned by Kent. I don't know if it will do any good, but it can't hurt.

Permissions

Requests for permission to use copyrighted material within the United States must be submitted in writing, and e-mailed to permission@moody.edu, or faxed to 312-329-4157. You may also mail your request to:

Permissions Moody Publishers 820 N. LaSalle Blvd. Chicago, IL 60610

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 18876
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 10 2013 2:47 PM

Paul-C:

Theological Wordbook of the Old Testament (Robert Laird Harris, Gleason L. Archer Jr., Bruce K. Waltke) - "monumental reference work"; one of the co-authors (in bold) was a former professor of mine who is a meticulous scholar and deeply prayerful man; I don't use this as often as some of the other lexicons, but it's one I would want to snap up if I didn't have it already

And don't forget Vyrso. I just checked there and found some interesting nuggets published by Moody.

https://vyrso.com/products/search?q=publisher%3Amoody

Here one is a great autobiography that I owned already but would like to recommend to others who might have overlooked it. I know the author (he attends my parents' church) and his story of escape from Sudan and return to found a ministry there is dramatic and inspiring.

The Bible or the Axe: One Man's Dramatic Escape from Persecution in the Sudan

Posts 9239
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 10 2013 2:55 PM

Rosie Perera:

And don't forget Vyrso. I just checked there and found some interesting nuggets published by Moody.

https://vyrso.com/products/search?q=publisher%3Amoody

Do we know that this for sure will include Vysro as well? I can imagine that it probably does but I didn't hear this confirmed.

Posts 2763
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 10 2013 2:59 PM

Rosie Perera:

Hello Rosie, do you know If Vyrso Moody titles are affected as well by this announcement?

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 485
Randy Lane | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 10 2013 3:00 PM

Will they remain on the Logos.coom server for downloads/etc for those who have purchased (such as for user disaster reovery events?

Posts 28361
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 10 2013 3:06 PM

Randal M Lane:
Will they remain on the Logos.coom server for downloads/etc for those who have purchased

Yes.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 570
HansK | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 10 2013 3:26 PM

Disturbing news. Not good for Logos Sad

MacOS Sierra / Logos 7 Collector's Edition & All Base Packages / Logos Now

Posts 18876
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 10 2013 3:29 PM

Ted Hans:

Rosie Perera:

Hello Rosie, do you know If Vyrso Moody titles are affected as well by this announcement?

I don't know, but I don't see why it would be any different since it's a Logos brand. But Kent would be the only one (who has participated in this thread so far) who would know for sure.

Posts 2763
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 10 2013 3:41 PM

Many thanks Rosie, much appreciated.

Regards

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Page 2 of 19 (372 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS