Moody titles will be going away

Page 6 of 19 (372 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last »
This post has 371 Replies | 22 Followers

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 11 2013 6:19 PM

I sent an email. I basically pointed out that because of my investment in Logos I wouldn't be switching to another platform. I pointed out they would loose any future purchases that I might have considered making, and that many other Logos users would be in the same boat. I told them I hoped they would reconsider allowing Logos to sell Moody titles.

I think they are  needlessly shooting themselves in the foot.

Posts 7432
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 11 2013 6:31 PM

Mr. Kent,

I just purchased the Silver upgrade and didn't realize it offered the Theological Wordbook of the Old Testament published by Moody for $23.95.  I forgot to mentioned that to sales, but I don't want to wait for tomorrow because it might be gone, so I went ahead and purchased it for the current price of $49.95 -- Do you think I could get a credit/refund back for the difference?  I know it's been done in the past and I know the sales person honored the special prices on some books you offer when you upgrade (I purchased Louw-Nida today at a very discounted price due to me upgrading to silver recently.  So I hope it can be done and Logos can give me a credit/refund for the difference.  Like I said, when I read this post I checked if I owned the resource and it turns out that I don't and since sales is close (9:30 EST) then I had no choice but to purchase it at regular price before it's too late and it's forever gone!

Thanks for everything and I hope something can be worked out to keep selling Moody titles!

DAL

Posts 7432
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 11 2013 6:34 PM

Dan Francis:

Paul-C:

Any Moody's must-have titles before it's too late?

Theological Wordbook of the Old Testament

Someone may have already listed it but there are many good books this is by far the best brief lexicon for quick Hebrew study. Everyone should own this. 

-Dan

EDIT-PS: I see others mentioned it, it truly is a little good mine. If anyone is not familiar with it, it is generally seen to be the equivalent for Old Testament that Kittel One Volume is for Greek word study. It is designed for the laymen but I would bet for a busy Pastor it would still have great value. 

Just downloaded my copy! Phew!!! I sort of panic a little, but it was still available for purchase.

Thanks for pointing that out! I might even be able to get a credit/refund since I recently did an upgrade.

DAL

Posts 65
Randy Marsh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 11 2013 6:35 PM

I, too, sent an email to Moody Publishers.

Posts 7432
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 11 2013 6:40 PM

Randy Marsh:

I, too, sent an email to Moody Publishers.

I, three, sent an email to them.  If they get flooded with emails it'll be like a signed petition letter or something and hopefully that'll get them to reconsider. It wouldn't be a wise move on their part.

DAL

Posts 9251
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 11 2013 6:46 PM

Josh:

I just sent Moody an e-mail. It was nice. I was just making sure they know that many costumers (and future costumers!) want Moody titles on Logos.

I suggest everyone do this. It takes one minute.

Thanks for the contact information. I just sent in a nice email to them too asking them to do all they can to try to work something out.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1513
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 11 2013 7:05 PM

Bruce Dunning:

Thanks for the contact information. I just sent in a nice email to them too asking them to do all they can to try to work something out.

Awesome! Keep those e-mails coming. (mpcustomerservice@moody.edu)

Posts 9251
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 11 2013 7:10 PM

Josh:

Bruce Dunning:

Awesome! Keep those e-mails coming. (mpcustomerservice@moody.edu)

I'm not sure what it will do but it can't hurt. I hope that they will get the message that this development is disappointing to many. I choose to believe that there is always hope.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 4031
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 11 2013 7:38 PM

I also emailed them. Told them I really had a lot of respect for their ministry, that various arms of it have been involved in my discipleship, but that I wasn't going to purchase their titles from another company as that would be too cumbersome, nor would I buy their titles on paper as I can barely afford the moving costs I currently incur. So if they want to keep me as a customer, they MUST keep their books in logos.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Platinum & WORDsearch

Posts 1894
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 11 2013 9:51 PM

Maan... I really want MacArthur's bundle. I listen & read his sermon often and have been 1 of his conference.. Great guy! Kinda wanna buy it but couldn't afford it really .. :(

Maybe I should just continue regularly visit MacArthur's website since I couldn't afford his bundle at the moment... CryingCryingCrying

Posts 2976
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 11 2013 10:00 PM

Think I own everything Moody that I need. Thankfully there's enough Libronix MacArthur Lifeworks CDs floating around for sale still some people who are late to the party can at least pick up some of the commentaries. 

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 1894
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 12 2013 12:53 AM

Jacob Hantla:

Think I own everything Moody that I need. Thankfully there's enough Libronix MacArthur Lifeworks CDs floating around for sale still some people who are late to the party can at least pick up some of the commentaries. 

what's included in the CDs? Also, can we call CS if we buy have a key?

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 12 2013 1:31 AM

Yes, Mike, you can call Logos with the activation key in the package with the CD-ROM and they will unlock the resource and it will download straight to your Logos account.  

I would just caution you to ensure you by the CD-ROM from a reputable source to ensure that the licence key has not been activated before by anyone else.

Posts 452
Is Mebin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 12 2013 1:52 AM

Michael Childs:

Is Mebin:

Michael Childs:

The loss of John MacArthur will be huge to Logos.

I will not see the loss of MacArthur as a loss...just my personal opinion...

Of course, it is always personal opinion as to what resources we buy.  I respect John MacArthur, though as a Wesleyan and non-dispensationalist, I disagree with him on many things.  In fact, about the only thing he writes that I am interested in is his New Testament Commentaries which I already have.  (I think he does a great job on the commentaries, and I am not intimidated by the parts of his theology that I disagree with.)  So I don't mean it will be a big loss to me, personally. 

Yes, Michael, I agree it is a loss for Logos and for Moody, but especially for those that are blessed by Moody products (even MacArthur)...lol!  I really was just having a tongue in cheek swipe at MacArthur as his "Charasmatic Chaos" left a bad taste in my mouth many years ago -  I read widely from all parts of Christendom, and have a few of MacArthur's books on my shelf, but personally (and I respect that he is held in high regard by many) I'd rather spend my money elsewhere.  God bless mate...:)

I mean that John MacArthur is very popular, and a big seller.  The loss of his books will hurt Logos, if it cannot be corrected.  It will hurt Logos in relationship to rival software which will continue to carry MacArthur's works.  Because I care deeply about Logos' future - as well as my investment in Logos resources - I do indeed think the loss of John MacArthur is huge.

I don't mean to be a conspiracy nut, but is it possible that rival software is trying to get exclusive contracts with publishers of some popular resources in order to squeeze Logos out and increase their market share?

Posts 1894
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 12 2013 2:07 AM

Paul-C:

Yes, Mike, you can call Logos with the activation key in the package with the CD-ROM and they will unlock the resource and it will download straight to your Logos account.  

I would just caution you to ensure you by the CD-ROM from a reputable source to ensure that the licence key has not been activated before by anyone else.

do you know whats on the MacArthur's cd?

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 12 2013 3:11 AM

mike:

do you know whats on the MacArthur's cd?

Mike, I don't since I don't have these resources.  If you google "John MacArthur Lifeworks Library AND libronix CD-ROM" and "John MacArthur Essential Bible Study Library AND libronix CD-ROM" hopefully you will find what you need.

Here are the Logos equivalent resources - however I don't know if they match exactly what's on the CD-ROM licence you can buy:

http://www.logos.com/product/8584/macarthur-lifeworks-library-20

http://www.logos.com/product/8582/john-macarthur-essential-bible-study-library 

Posts 10741
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 12 2013 4:07 AM

Jacob Hantla:
Think I own everything Moody that I need.

Checked all Logos Moody titles and learned that I have the same status. Still I sent the email to Moody expressing my disappointment. Considering the possibility of future resource offerings.

Posts 270
Kelvin Niblett | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 12 2013 6:02 AM

Here is a list of all my "moody" resources I own "publisher:moody"

I have placed a an * next to the resources I use regularly or have found usefull.

* = good

*** = indispensible, a must have item

Moody Books

1 Timothy: The MacArthur New Testament Commentary
MacArthur, John F., Jr. 1 Timothy. MacArthur New Testament Commentary. Chicago: Moody Press, 1995.

2 Timothy: The MacArthur New Testament Commentary
MacArthur, John F., Jr. 2 Timothy. MacArthur New Testament Commentary. Chicago: Moody Press, 1995.

The Art of Storytelling: Easy Steps to Presenting an Unforgettable Story
Walsh, John D. The Art of Storytelling: Easy Steps to Presenting an Unforgettable Story. Chicago, IL: Moody Publishers, 2003.

As Iron Sharpens Iron: Building Character in a Mentoring Relationship
Hendricks, Howard, William Hendricks, Howard, and William. As Iron Sharpens Iron: Building Character in a Mentoring Relationship. Chicago, IL: Moody Publishers, 2009.

The Believer’s Armor: Ephesians 6:10–24
MacArthur, John. The Believer’s Armor. Chicago: Moody Press, 1986.

Biblical Answers to Contemporary Issues
Ryrie, Charles C. Biblical Answers to Contemporary Issues. Chicago, IL: Moody Press, 1991.

**A Biblical Theology of Missions
Peters, George W. A Biblical Theology of Missions. Chicago, IL: Moody Press, 1972.

*A Biblical Theology of the New Testament
Zuck, Roy B. A Biblical Theology of the New Testament. electronic ed. Chicago: Moody Press, 1994.

*A Biblical Theology of the Old Testament
Zuck, Roy B. A Biblical Theology of the Old Testament. electronic ed. Chicago: Moody Press, 1991.

Caring for Souls: Counseling Under the Authority of Scripture
Shields, Harry, and Gary J. Bredfeldt. Caring for Souls: Counseling Under the Authority of Scripture. Chicago, IL: Moody Press, 2001.

Change is Like A Slinky®: 30 Strategies for Promoting and Surviving Change in Your Organization
Finzel, Hans. Change Is Like a Slinky®: 30 Strategies for Promoting and Surviving Change in Your Organization. Chicago, IL: Northfield Publishing, 2004.

Defying Gravity: How to Survive the Storms of Pastoral Ministry
Henderson, Daniel. Defying Gravity: How to Survive the Storms of Pastoral Ministry. Chicago, IL: Moody Publishers, 2010.

*The Effective Pastor
Anderson, Robert C. The Effective Pastor. Chicago, IL: Moody Press, 1985.

From Fear to Love: Overcoming the Barriers to Healthy Relationships
Kane, Raymond, and Nancy Kane. From Fear to Love: Overcoming the Barriers to Healthy Relationships. Chicago, IL: Moody Press, 2002.

The Fulfilled Family
MacArthur, John F., Jr. The Fulfilled Family. Chicago: Moody Press, 1981.

A General Introduction to the Bible, Revised and Expanded
Geisler, Norman L., and William E. Nix. A General Introduction to the Bible. Rev. and expanded. Chicago: Moody Press, 1986.

Giving & Getting in the Kingdom: A Field Guide
Dillon, R. Mark. Giving & Getting in the Kingdom: A Field Guide. Chicago, IL: Moody Publishers, 2012.

Godology: Because Knowing God Changes Everything
George, Christian. Godology: Because Knowing God Changes Everything. Chicago, IL: Moody Publishers, 2009.

Great Leader Great Teacher: Recovering the Biblical Vision for Leadership
Bredfeldt, Gary, and R. Albert Mohler, Jr. Great Leader Great Teacher: Recovering the Biblical Vision for Leadership. Chicago, IL: Moody Publishers, 2006.

Hitler’s Cross: How the Cross of Christ Was Used to Promote the Nazi Agenda
Lutzer, Erwin, and Ravi Zacharias. Hitler’s Cross: How the Cross of Christ Was Used to Promote the Nazi Agenda. Chicago, IL: Moody Publishers, 2012.

Honest to God: The Means to True Transformation
Weidmann, Josh. Honest to God: The Means to True Transformation. Chicago, IL: Moody Publishers, 2012.

How to Know You’re Saved
Cole, C. Donald. How to Know You’re Saved. Chicago, IL: Moody Publishers, 2008.

How to Study the Bible
MacArthur, John, Jr. How to Study the Bible. John MacArthur's Bible Studies. Chicago: Moody Press, 1985.

The Intentional Church: Moving from Church Success to Community Transformation
Pope, Randy. The Intentional Church: Moving from Church Success to Community Transformation. Chicago, IL: Moody Publishers, 2006.

***Jensen’s Survey of  the New Testament
Jensen, Irving L. Jensen's Survey of the New Testament: Search and Discover. Chicago: Moody Press, 1981.

***Jensen’s Survey of  the Old Testament
Jensen, Irving L. Jensen's Survey of the Old Testament: Search and Discover. Chicago: Moody Press, 1978.

***Living by the Book: The Art and Science of Reading the Bible
Hendricks, Howard G., and William D. Hendricks. Living by the Book: The Art and Science of Reading the Bible. Chicago: Moody Publishers, 2007.

Living in Financial Victory
Evans, Tony. Living in Financial Victory. Chicago, IL: Moody Publishers, 2013.

The Making of an Atheist: How Immorality Leads to Unbelief
Spiegel, James S. The Making of an Atheist: How Immorality Leads to Unbelief. Chicago, IL: Moody Publishers, 2010.

The Mark of Jesus: Loving in a Way the World Can See
George, Timothy, and John Woodbridge. The Mark of Jesus: Loving in a Way the World Can See. Chicago, IL: Moody Publishers, 2005.

The Master’s Plan for the Church
MacArthur, John F., Jr. The Master’s Plan for the Church. Chicago: Moody Press, 1991.

**The Moody Handbook of Theology
Enns, Paul P. The Moody Handbook of Theology. Chicago, IL: Moody Press, 1989.

*The New Manners and Customs of Bible Times
Gower, Ralph, and Fred Wright. The New Manners and Customs of Bible Times. Chicago: Moody Press, 1987.

**The New Unger’s Bible Dictionary
Unger, Merrill Frederick, R. K. Harrison, Howard Frederic Vos et al. The New Unger’s Bible Dictionary. Rev. and updated ed. Chicago: Moody Press, 1988.

**The New Unger’s Bible Handbook
Unger, Merrill Frederick. The New Unger’s Bible Handbook. Rev. and updated ed. Chicago: Moody Publishers, 2005.

The Only Way to Happiness
MacArthur, John. The Beatitudes: The Only Way to Happiness. Chicago: Moody Press, 1998.

An Open Letter to a Jehovah’s Witness
Zuck, Roy B. An Open Letter to a Jehovah’s Witness. Chicago, IL: Moody Publishers, 2012.

*Paul the Apostle
Picirilli, Robert E. Paul the Apostle. Chicago: Moody Publishers, 1986.

The Real Scandal of the Evangelical Mind
Trueman, Carl R. The Real Scandal of the Evangelical Mind. Chicago, IL: Moody Publishers, 2011.

The Road Trip that Changed the World: The Unlikely Theory that Will Change How You View Culture, the Church, and Most Importantly, Yourself
Sayers, Mark. The Road Trip That Changed the World: The Unlikely Theory That Will Change How You View Culture, the Church, and Most Importantly, Yourself. Chicago, IL: Moody Publishers, 2012.

*Ryrie’s Basic Theology
Ryrie, Charles Caldwell. Basic Theology: A Popular Systematic Guide to Understanding Biblical Truth. Chicago, IL: Moody Press, 1999.

Soul Mission: Establishing Your Life’s Strategic Priorities
Richard, Ramesh. Soul Mission: Establishing Your Life’s Strategic Priorities. Chicago, IL: Moody Publishers, 2004.

***Spiritual Discipleship: Principles of Following Christ for Every Believer
Sanders, J. Oswald. Spiritual Discipleship: Principles of Following Christ for Every Believer. Chicago, IL: Moody Publishers, 2007.

***Spiritual Leadership: Principles of Excellence for Every Believer
Sanders, J. Oswald. Spiritual Leadership : Principles of Excellence for Every Believer. Updated ed.]. Chicago, IL: Moody Publishers, 2007.

A Survey of Bible Doctrine
Ryrie, Charles Caldwell. A Survey of Bible Doctrine. Chicago: Moody Press, 1972.

*A Survey of Old Testament Introduction
Archer, Gleason, Jr. A Survey of Old Testament Introduction. 3rd. ed. Chicago: Moody Press, 1994.

***Theological Wordbook of the Old Testament
Theological Wordbook of the Old Testament. Edited by R. Laird Harris, Gleason L. Archer, Jr. and Bruce K. Waltke. electronic ed. Chicago: Moody Press, 1999.

Titus: The MacArthur New Testament Commentary
MacArthur, John F., Jr. Titus. MacArthur New Testament Commentary. Chicago: Moody Press, 1996.

Tony Evans Book of Illustrations: Stories, Quotes, and Anecdotes from More Than 30 Years of Preaching and Public Speaking
Evans, Tony. Tony Evans' Book of Illustrations: Stories, Quotes, and Anecdotes from More Than 30 Years of Preaching and Public Speaking. Chicago, IL: Moody Publishers, 2009.

True Discipleship Companion Guide: The Art of Following Jesus
Koessler, John. True Discipleship Companion Guide: The Art of Following Jesus. Chicago, IL: Moody Publishers, 2003.

*True Discipleship: The Art of Following Jesus
Koessler, John. True Discipleship: The Art of Following Jesus. Chicago, IL: Moody Publishers, 2003.

The Ultimate Priority
MacArthur, John, Jr. The Ultimate Priority: John MacArthur, Jr. on Worship. electronic ed. Chicago: Moody Press, 1998.

Unmapped Darkness: Finding God's Path Through Suffering
Finch, Thomas. Unmapped Darkness: Finding God's Path Through Suffering. Chicago, IL: Moody Publishers, 2006.

The Vanishing Power of Death: Conquering Your Greatest Fear
Lutzer, Erwin. The Vanishing Power of Death: Conquering Your Greatest Fear. Chicago, IL: Moody Publishers, 2005.

Walk with Me: Pilgrim's Progress for Married Couples
Wald, Annie. Walk With Me: Pilgrim's Progress for Married Couples. Chicago, IL: Moody Publishers, 2012.

What You Should Know about Social Responsibility
Ryrie, Charles Caldwell. What You Should Know About Social Responsibility. Current christian issues. Chicago, IL: Moody Press, 1982.

Why Holiness Matters: We’ve Lost Our Way—But We Can Find It Again
Braun, Tyler. Why Holiness Matters: We’ve Lost Our Way—but We Can Find It Again. Chicago, IL: Moody Publishers, 2012.

*The Wycliffe Bible Commentary: New Testament
The Wycliffe Bible Commentary: New Testament. Edited by Charles F. Pfeiffer and Everett Falconer Harrison. Chicago: Moody Press, 1962.

*The Wycliffe Bible Commentary: Old Testament
Pfeiffer, Charles F. The Wycliffe Bible Commentary: Old Testament. Chicago: Moody Press, 1962.

Y’shua: The Jewish Way to Say Jesus
Rosen, Moishe. Y’shua: The Jewish Way to Say Jesus. Chicago, IL: Moody Publishers, 1982.

Posts 1894
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 12 2013 6:04 AM

just did a research..

MacArthur has 3 different bundles from Libronix years..

1. MacArthur Lifeworks 1.0

2. MacArthur Lifeworks 2.0 (has some books from 1.0)

3. MacArthur Essentials Bible study

Posts 270
Kelvin Niblett | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 12 2013 6:11 AM

Most of these bundles include several publishers, so these may be in a different catagory when and if Moody pulls the pin

Page 6 of 19 (372 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last » | RSS