Luke 9:62 in NA27/UBS4 Missing Gloss Information

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 418
davidphillips | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Apr 10 2013 1:58 PM

Can anyone confirm this? Every word in Luke 9:62 in the NA27and UBS4 lacks a gloss.

Posts 476
elnwood | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 10 2013 2:15 PM

Confirmed. The same is true of NA28. Also, the Lexham Syntactic GNT also lacks an English Gloss.

The SBLGNT has English glosses, though, as does the Lexham Greek-English Interlinear NT.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 10 2013 2:33 PM

David B Phillips:

Can anyone confirm this? Every word in Luke 9:62 in the NA27and UBS4 lacks a gloss.

Very interesting.  I would never have noticed had you not called attention to it.  I checked both Metzger and Tischendorf to see whether there was a textual problem, but I didn't see anything to account for that.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 1649
Room4more | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 10 2013 3:40 PM

George Somsel:

David B Phillips:

Very interesting.  I would never have noticed had you not called attention to it.  I checked both Metzger and Tischendorf to see whether there was a textual problem, but I didn't see anything to account for that.

mine work fine....

DISCLAIMER: What you do on YOUR computer is your doing.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 10 2013 3:50 PM

Room4more:
mine work fine....

But that's one of those … (unmentionables)

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 1649
Room4more | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 10 2013 4:02 PM

9:62

εἶπεν δὲ [πρὸς αὐτὸν] ὁ Ἰησοῦς {C}

It is difficult to decide which reading best explains the rise of the others. The phrase πρὸς αὐτόν is lacking in P45,  B 0181 700 copsa  it is placed after ὁ Ἰησοῦς in A C W Θ Ψ f al; D reads ὁ δὲ Ἰησοῦς εἶπεν αὐτῷ; and Δ omits ὁ Ἰησοῦς. The Committee judged that the least unsatisfactory interpretation of the data was to adopt the reading supported by א L Ξ f 33 157 1241, but out of deference to the evidence of B and P, 75 to enclose πρὸς αὐτόν within square brackets.

from Metzger - what seems to be missing?

Posts 25030
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 10 2013 4:58 PM

elnwood:

Confirmed. The same is true of NA28. Also, the Lexham Syntactic GNT also lacks an English Gloss.

The SBLGNT has English glosses, though, as does the Lexham Greek-English Interlinear NT.

problems with this passage have previously been posted - clearly Logos need to fix this ASAP.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 1649
Room4more | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 10 2013 5:48 PM

here's the inline showing...

Posts 8051
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 10 2013 11:56 PM

Thanks for reporting this; I've passed an error report along to the maintainer of our Greek NTs.

Posts 1298
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 16 2013 1:42 PM

I believe updated resources that have this issue addressed will be released today (Tuesday) or tomorrow.

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Posts 418
davidphillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 16 2013 1:49 PM

Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS