Logos Won't Start Up!

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 13
Adrian de Lange | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Apr 10 2013 3:39 PM

Hi! I'm using Logos 4.5 [5.0.2.743 (61502.2.231)] for Mac--but it won't open for me.

Two questions:

1. If I'm still on the beta stream, I'd like to get off of that. I tried before, but was unsuccessful.

2. I uploaded the crash data from Apple, so someone please help!

I click the application and it simply says "Signing In" and then closes everything without warning. I don't even get to see a shadow of the homescreen.

Please help!7484.Logos Crash Data.docx

Posts 30049
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 10 2013 5:02 PM

Your copy of Logos is more than a year out of date! The best thing to try at this point is to download the installer manually. I'll provide a link below to the wiki. NOTE: as long as your computer meets the requirements, you can install the L5 engine for free. 

http://wiki.logos.com/Getting_Started_with_Logos#Installation_.2b_Indexing 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 13
Adrian de Lange | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 10 2013 5:58 PM

Whoa. Okay. Thanks so much! I'm not sure how this happened, but I'll let you know if that doesn't

In the meantime, thanks very much!

Posts 13
Adrian de Lange | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 10 2013 6:24 PM

So I downloaded Logos 5 (OS X) Installer from the link that you provided and I have exactly the same problem! It simply won't load... :S

Should I uninstall the whole thing and just do a fresh re-install?

Posts 30049
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 10 2013 6:33 PM

Adrian de Lange:
Should I uninstall the whole thing and just do a fresh re-install?

You could... or you could post logs and we can see if we can figure out what is going on wrong. In my signature line is a link to learn about logging.

Posts 13
Adrian de Lange | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 10 2013 6:44 PM

Okay. Here's two of my best efforts...

I'm still clueless as to how my program could possibly be a year out of date. I hit "update now" pretty much weekly if not more often...

0412.LogosLogs.Adrian R de Lange.20130410-214237.zip

3060.LogosLogs.Adrian R de Lange.20130410-214258.zip

Posts 30049
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 10 2013 7:25 PM

It looks like you have a corrupted database file (readingprogressmanager.db). Try moving the file to the desktop and restarting Logos. If this fixes things, you can delete the file (Logos will build a new one).

Here is the path: /Users/Adrian R de Lange/Library/Application Support/Logos4/Documents/ru9hzhj9.r23/ReadingProgressManager/readingprogressmanager.db

Adrian de Lange:
I'm still clueless as to how my program could possibly be a year out of date. I hit "update now" pretty much weekly if not more often...

There is no "update now" button... Do you mean you hit the "sync" wheel? That isn't the same thing. 

Sometimes the updater has issues and gets stuck. Generally speaking, there is a new release (if nothing else a "service release") at least once a month. This will be a 120MB download. If you haven't noticed such a download, then you might have problems. Of course, you can always pop in the forums to see what it going on.

If you are on beta and want to move to stable: use the command set update channel to stable

If you want to check for regular updates & new resources, use the command update now OR update resources. (The later double checks your current resources to make sure everything is up to date). 

Posts 30049
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 10 2013 7:35 PM

Adrian de Lange:
I'm still clueless as to how my program could possibly be a year out of date.

Are you sure you were using 4.5? I was going through your logs again and found a crash from last month using L5! 

EDIT: 5.0.2.0743 (which you reported above) is the current L5 build. Smile

EDIT 2: Since you have migrated to L5, please use the L5 forum instead. NOTE: Please indicate that you are on MAC since the L5 forum is "co-ed" Stick out tongue

Posts 13
Adrian de Lange | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 10 2013 7:40 PM

Oops. Fair enough. Thanks! :)

Posts 30049
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 10 2013 7:41 PM

Adrian de Lange:
Oops. Fair enough. Thanks! :)

Let me know if deleting the .db file works for you. Remember, that your user library is hidden by default in MAC OS 10.7 & 10.8.

Posts 13
Adrian de Lange | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 10 2013 7:53 PM

Yeah...it didn't work. Honestly not sure where to go from here. I may just have to delete everything and try to restart.

Posts 13
Adrian de Lange | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 10 2013 7:55 PM

...which honestly seems to be impossible (also!) at this point... Angry lol

Posts 30049
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 10 2013 7:58 PM

Three other options:

1) try loading to a blank layout (press and hold command key immediately upon startup)

2) upload new logs again and see if one of the "techies" catches something I didn't. 

3) call logos in the morning

Sorry I couldn't be more help! Tongue Tied

Posts 13
Adrian de Lange | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 10 2013 8:04 PM

Thanks for your willingness to walk me through this! 

I'll try that, but it looks like I'm gonna be done for the night...thanks anyways! 

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS