wrong Scripture link in ISBE

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1281
toughski | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Apr 11 2013 3:03 AM

Since "report typo" is not the best venue for submitting that type of problem, I thought to post it here:

logosres:isbe;ref=VolumePage.V_2,_p_979;off=767 has the second reference, which is 2 Ch. 17:14ff point incorrectly to 2 Ch. 27:1-4

Posts 25030
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 11 2013 6:17 AM

toughski:
Since "report typo" is not the best venue for submitting that type of problem, I thought to post it here:

Report Typo is a good place for this as you select the reference and make a Comment about the incorrect link!

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 11 2013 6:45 AM

I'm glad you said that Dave as that was always the way I reported wrong text-links in the past!

Posts 1281
toughski | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 11 2013 7:00 AM

Dave Hooton:
Report Typo is a good place for this as you select the reference and make a Comment about the incorrect link!

Does Logos look at them? I thought they automatically aggregate them and submit to publishers.

I don't think "report typo" is the right tool for the job, since

• it was not a typo - it is the automatic algorithm malfunction and need a totally different department to look at it
  • in lieu of fact above, wrong links would be drowned in the sea of OCR and other legitimate typos, so this method makes it harder to fix links.

Maybe a solution is to add a checkbox to the "report typo" window designating "this is a link" where the user would provide the correct reference.  This method will use the power of crowd-sourcing while keeping it as automated as possible.

Posts 1281
toughski | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 11 2013 7:06 AM

Paul-C:

I'm glad you said that Dave as that was always the way I reported wrong text-links in the past!

Dave Hooton:
Report Typo is a good place for this
Dave Hooton:
Report Typo is a good place for this

I am not arguing with that. A bow and arrows are a good weapon when fighting a bear. I am sure this is how a lot of people always hunted in the past. Wink

Posts 5613
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 11 2013 7:24 AM

toughski:

Dave Hooton:

Does Logos look at them? I thought they automatically aggregate them and submit to publishers.

Report typo is for Logos, not for the publishers.  In fact, Logos will reject a typo correction if the typo is in the original printed book, because the Logos resource is to represent the printed book.  And they don't bother trying to get the publisher to correct it.

Logos corrects their resources regularly using the aggregated typo lists sent from users. This includes linking and tagging problems. "Report Typo" is the best place to report them because that automatically inserts them into the resource correction workflow, whereas reporting them here requires many manual steps on the part of Logos employees to see the post and act on it and record it in the proper database.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS