NT Wright's Christian Origins Tomes

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 90
Paul Yeager | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Apr 12 2013 9:59 AM

Do those of you who own these books in Logos reference them often when studying/reading the Bible and other theological materials? 

I'm interested to know because I use Logos most often in "study mode" -- referencing dictionaries, commentaries, grammars, etc.  The search and cross-reference features are unbelievable -- a gift from God I would not have expected back when I was in seminary!

When just reading a book straight through, I prefer to read in Kindle (no backlight=easier on the eyes) or paper format. 

Posts 2028
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 12 2013 1:57 PM

The quick answer is I use them MORE for reading.  I have referenced them on occasion for certain things for research, but I would be more inclined to look elsewhere for general research, i.e. commentaries, dictionaries, etc.

With that said, I gave a lot of thought into how I wanted to purchase digital theology books for general reading, and I would not want to give up the cross reference features that Logos affords.  If I am reading one of those books, and a Bible reference or footnote is given, then I love the ability to tap it on my iPad and have it pop up for me.  Even though Kindle books are cheaper, I just find that I still want to be able to jump to references, even when simply reading the material.  I do understand however that it is a problem if it causes you eye strain.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 667
Jonathan Pitts | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 12 2013 2:09 PM
They are heavy in bible references, and Logos gives you quick access to the bible text.
Posts 28028
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 12 2013 2:24 PM

Paul Yeager:
When just reading a book straight through, I prefer to read in Kindle (no backlight=easier on the eyes) or paper format.

Does your kindle have access to biblia.com?

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 90
Paul Yeager | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 12 2013 3:44 PM

Thanks for the responses so far.  Each one has been very helpful to me.

My Kindle does have 3g access to biblia.com which I have used as an option to reading in Logos.  It is very helpful to hear that Wright's works have ample biblical references that makes Logos a preferred way of reading the text. 

Although in many cases Kindle is cheaper than Logos, the March Madness sale makes Logos' price point the lowest.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS