computer rebooting while indexing Logos

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 21 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 10
Thomas Arrington | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Apr 12 2013 6:58 PM

Computer: Toshiba Qosmio

Mem: 8 gig

HDisk: 500 / 250 free

Logos been running fine until approx 1 week ago after a download and it needed to sync the program.  Since then as soon as the program starts or some time within the sync, the computer reboots with no warning.  The sync has yet to finish its operation.

During the last two times that the cumputer started the sync program developed an error and shut down and the computer didn't crash.  but upon restarting the computer and the sync starting the computer crashed.

Currently started the computer in safe mode with net and am indexing Logos, becasue logos is stating that it needs to do a first time indexing.

I hope this works, but if anyone have any experience with this please provide assistance.

Posts 10
Thomas Arrington | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 12 2013 6:59 PM

Oh, I am running logos 5

Posts 27766
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 12 2013 7:18 PM

Welcome to the forums Thomas… Sorry you are having troubles. Tongue Tied

If your current indexing doesn't fix things, you will either need to post logs, or contact Logos directly. You can learn more about logging through the links in my signature line. Let us know if you need more help. Smile

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 3665
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 12 2013 8:10 PM

Sounds suspiciously like the problems caused by this patch that Microsoft is asking users to uninstall:

http://www.zdnet.com/microsoft-pulls-patch-tuesday-security-fix-7000013942/

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 10
Thomas Arrington | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 13 2013 7:23 AM

Thank you for the information.  I removed the patch and cleaned up the computer last night and uninstalled Logos from the machine last night and the machine ran faster and didn't crash.

However I remembered that this didn't start until sometime the last week in March and not last week, I think, about the time I got a Logos update and I believe that my Logos showed that it was installed about that time period, which puzzed me because Logo has been on this computer since inception about 2 years ago.

So I began a Logos reinstall after running the machine approximately 4 hour with no problems noted, and went to bed, I woke up this morning to a rebooted machine.

Once I opened the profile, the machine notified me that Logos needed indexing, and within 1  monute it rebooted.  This had happened 3 times within the last hour after Logos has started indexing so I believe it is Logos.

This time I immediately placed the Logos indexing on hold for 4 hours and it has not rebooted since. 

So can someone plse tell me what to do next.

Posts 27766
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 13 2013 8:02 AM

Thomas Arrington:
So can someone plse tell me what to do next.

I already did… Wink

Please upload logs. You can find more information about this in my signature line.

Posts 10
Thomas Arrington | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 13 2013 8:33 AM

Sir here are the files.

5557.LogosError.zip

Thank you for your assistance.

Posts 27766
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 13 2013 8:56 AM

Thomas Arrington:
 Thank you for your assistance.

No problem... but your logs are old. Did you enable logging first?

Posts 10
Thomas Arrington | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 13 2013 9:17 AM

no sir I didn't but there are approx 4 different files only 2 were from yesterday

Posts 27766
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 13 2013 9:22 AM

Thomas Arrington:
no sir I didn't

You need to enable logging first before you submit the logs. 

Think of it this way. You go into the doctor's office and start telling him about your broken arm. He takes a look at you and says "all is well." The trouble is, you broke your arm in 7th grade, and you came in for a sore throat! If you don't post current logs (and the right ones, which are only produced when you enable logging), its like talking to the doctor about your broken arm. Big Smile

Posts 1
farihasmith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 13 2013 9:22 AM

Have a good topics.

Thanks

Posts 10
Thomas Arrington | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 13 2013 9:23 AM

Roger, I understand

Posts 10
Thomas Arrington | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 13 2013 9:40 AM

sir racing against the reboot, here are the latest files2806.LogosIndexerCrash.zip

Posts 10
Thomas Arrington | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 13 2013 9:49 AM

Sire here they are again just in case...

3716.LogosIndexerCrash.zip

5224.Logos.zip

Posts 10
Thomas Arrington | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 13 2013 1:37 PM

Sir here is the latest set of logs

3808.LogosIndexerError.zip

Posts 27766
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 13 2013 2:04 PM

Thomas - I think we will need one of the windows techies to take a look. Hopefully one will be by soon. 

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 13 2013 5:03 PM

Thomas Arrington:

sir racing against the reboot, here are the latest files

Logos Indexer Crash has component for Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) not starting, wonder about resetting BITS => http://community.logos.com/forums/p/53710/392247.aspx#392247 and thread => http://community.logos.com/forums/t/43650.aspx

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 3665
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 13 2013 7:15 PM

I just had a similar problem in Windows 8 - to stop the cycle, I had to go into the Task Manager and manually stop two LOGOS 5 processes (LOGOS 5 and the LOGOS 5 Indexer processes).  Thing seem to be working now - I have no idea whether this is related to your problem or not, but thought I would mention it.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 235
Tom Geswein | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 13 2013 8:14 PM

I had a similar problem with my computer rebooting while L5 was indexing and the problem ended up being that my CPU was overheating from the workload that the indexer was putting on it.  I had to end up building a new computer to take care of the problem - no matter what I did, I could not keep the temperature down on the old system.  Worth looking into, if you don't find the source of your problem.

"It seems our problems solve themselves when we look beyond us to those truly in hell."  -  Beyond Our Suffering - AILD

Posts 25030
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 13 2013 10:18 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Thomas Arrington:

sir racing against the reboot, here are the latest files

Logos Indexer Crash has component for Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) not starting, wonder about resetting BITS => http://community.logos.com/forums/p/53710/392247.aspx#392247 and thread => http://community.logos.com/forums/t/43650.aspx

The other component is the Download Manager. So delete the folder

C:\Users\new\AppData\Local\Logos4\Data\jum5hg2d.vdr\DownloadManager\

and restart Logos.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS