Andrews University Press Sabbath Studies Collection (3 vols.)

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 6585
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Apr 19 2013 1:15 PM

Those interested in studying the Sabbath as seen through the eyes of the Seventh-day Adventist Church pre-order this collection.

http://www.logos.com/product/31464/andrews-university-press-sabbath-studies-collection

No more relying on second hand sources. 

Now if only they would digitize this.

http://www.amazon.com/Sabbath-Scripture-History-Kenneth-Strand/dp/0828000379/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1366402510&sr=8-1&keywords=the+sabbath+in+scripture+and+history

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 2754
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 19 2013 2:08 PM

Hi Lynden,

How do the above works you have sighted above compare with Samuele Bacchiocchi work? Would you say they are in the same league?

BTW I have placed a PrePub order even though I am not of a Seventh-day Adventist persuasion. I hope you don't mind me asking? Thanks for the help in advance.

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 6585
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 19 2013 2:19 PM

Ted Hans:
How do the above works you have sighted above compare with Samuele Bacchiocchi work? Would you say they are in the same league?

I have Bacchiocchi's work but none of the above. Looking at the titles, they seem interesting enough.

Looking at the author of this one "Judging the Sabbath: Discovering What Can’t Be Found in Colossians 2:16" the author has a Thd which should give him some credibility in discussing the subject, and looking at this review by Richard B. Hays 

"Sigve Tonstad’s wide-ranging study of biblical teaching about the Sabbath offers fresh, provocative readings of texts from across the entirety of the canon, while constantly engaging the best recent scholarship. The result is a luminous, deeply encouraging book that beckons readers to understand the seventh day as a celebration of God’s gracious work of creation and God’s faithful intent to restore and heal all that is broken." and the price for the set I think that  it is a good catch.

—Richard B. Hays, George Washington Ivey Professor of New Testament at the Divinity School, Duke University

here is a work up on Dr. Hays from wikipedia 

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 2754
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 19 2013 2:23 PM

Many thanks Lynden.

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 6585
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 19 2013 3:57 PM

See if you can drum up support for these. Good collection for the price.

Posts 4889
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 19 2013 5:00 PM

I'm in.

Posts 1879
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 19 2013 7:06 PM

Sigve K. Tonstad .. one of the authors is on of the staff here at my school in Loma Linda University :)

Posts 204
David Salazar | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 20 2013 4:32 AM

I have Tonstad's book.  very good.

Posts 9215
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 20 2013 6:00 AM

This looks quite interesting. I just place my order too.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1024
JohnB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 21 2013 4:34 AM

>>I have Bacchiocchi's work but none of the above.<<

I think that his family own the copy-write to that - I wonder if someone could help them get together with LOGOS.

>>Sabbath in Scripture and History<<

Despite appearances on Amazon, my copy shows the R&H as having the copy-write here.
Anyone have a contact on their Marketing department? It would be nice if the R&H could release Froom's out of print "The Conditionalist Faith of Our Fathers" to LOGOS. The big cost here would be digitizing AND cleaning it up of course. Books are worthless if not accessible so why not make it available?

Posts 6585
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 21 2013 4:40 AM

JohnLBUK:
f the R&H could release Froom's out of print "The Conditionalist Faith of Our Fathers" to LOGOS.

Yes It would be a great to have this work in Logos. While in college, I browsed through Froom, but have never read it. I would definitely place an order.

Posts 111
Filipe Moreira | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 21 2013 2:26 PM

I'm in!Smile

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS