Request: L3 Style History Report

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Dec 12 2009 8:24 AM

I had to open up TOOLS>HISTORY today to backtrack through my thoughts and I realized how sparse it looked compared to L3. 

I liked how in L3 the history report shows branches and lines which helped indicate where and when I jumped from one resource to another, it was a visual way for me to trace my line of thought that day (which often was quite convoluted as I may expect). 

L4's history display is merely a list.  While it does a fine job of listing the resources and locations I've accessed it doesn't trace my flow of thought as did the former "tree" style. 

Please consider augmenting the current history list in L4 with some of L3's visual appeal.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 12 2009 10:04 AM

Thomas Black:

I liked how in L3 the history report shows branches and lines which helped indicate where and when I jumped from one resource to another, it was a visual way for me to trace my line of thought that day (which often was quite convoluted as I may expect). 

L4's history display is merely a list.  While it does a fine job of listing the resources and locations I've accessed it doesn't trace my flow of thought as did the former "tree" style

Hmm. I kind of like it this way. In L3 I found I easily got lost in the sometimes very wide grid trying to find what I was looking for. I find the simple chronological approach easier.

But maybe that's just the way my mind works.

Maybe an option to group results by tab/location would help (I'd like to turn it off), in place of "list chronologically" would be enough. In other words, if it worked like a browser's history, with options to sort by last viewed (simple chronological list), by site (tab?), date (list the day), etc.

I'll tell them to get started on that right after they finish my NIV reverse interlinear, and get notes and highlight importing done. Wink

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS