Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 326
tjebme | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Dec 12 2009 9:59 AM | Locked

This has probably been mentioned before, but if I have two unlinked Bibles windows open (I'm using the ESV in this instance) I would like to be able to select "Bible Text Only" for one of the Bibles and not the other. If I change it on one, it automatically flows through to the other window currently. Thanks.

Posts 5563
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 12 2009 10:16 AM | Locked

Brian Elliott:

This has probably been mentioned before, but if I have two unlinked Bibles windows open (I'm using the ESV in this instance) I would like to be able to select "Bible Text Only" for one of the Bibles and not the other. If I change it on one, it automatically flows through to the other window currently. Thanks.

Yes it does. It looks like any changes to visual filters in one, changes the other too. I'm not sure if that is by design, or by oversight.

One way around this issue is to use "Compare Bible Versions" and have only one Bible open. It doesn't look the same as Bible Text Only in poetic literature (line divisions are lost), but it does list verses one at a time. A bit of a kludge, but it works. Sort of.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 64
David Stevely | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 11 2010 1:25 AM | Locked

Thank you for raising this issue.

I agree with the comments but would add the following.

What is the rationale for linking the removal of note hyperlinks and viewing in paragraph format.

Is it possible to view in verse format but keep the notes available?

Posts 3809
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 11 2010 3:12 AM | Locked

Brian Elliott:

the only workaround I can think of is to have two separate instances of L4 running, but I don't know for sure that this would work or be worth the hassle.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS