Multiple Bible preferences possible?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 29
MS Freeze | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Apr 28 2013 6:00 PM

I am trying to resurrect my Greek NT ability.. is there a way to set more than one bible as my bible preference so that I can see both my ENG bible preference and my Greek one ALSO?  

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 28 2013 6:21 PM

Wiki => http://wiki.logos.com/Getting_Started_with_Logos#Prioritize_Library has link => http://wiki.logos.com/Prioritizing

Personally include Greek and Hebrew with couple commentary series in Top 5 "Bible" resources.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 9945
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 28 2013 10:35 PM

MS Freeze:

I am trying to resurrect my Greek NT ability.. is there a way to set more than one bible as my bible preference so that I can see both my ENG bible preference and my Greek one ALSO?  

My Hebrew OT is my 1st preference with the LXX as my 2nd.  I then have the NA27 followed by any English versions.  While this will open either the Hebrew OT or the NA27 (only 1 since they cover different passages), the LXX preference allows me to choose that from the right click menu if I want the Greek of the OT.  Similarly, I can choose an English version (Note:  The right click menu will only display 5 items).

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 29
MS Freeze | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 29 2013 6:48 AM

Okay maybe I am using the wrong verbage... 

I would like to have 2 bible versions.. when I hover over a hyper link...

Is that possible?  

The right click show a couple choices... option is a dude..

I use high contrast black which noone at logos has a clue about and everything on that right click option is readable if you bend over tilt your laptop and try to read light yellow on white.. ummm.. no

Posts 27108
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 29 2013 7:07 AM

MS Freeze:

I would like to have 2 bible versions.. when I hover over a hyper link… Is that possible?

No.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 9945
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 29 2013 7:24 AM

MS Freeze:
I use high contrast black which noone at logos has a clue about and everything on that right click option is readable if you bend over tilt your laptop and try to read light yellow on white.. ummm.. no

Black on white works well too.  I assume you meant that you use a black background.  I really find white on black somewhat difficult to read.

"dude", as in Gustavo Dudamel, the conductor of the LA Philharmonic?  Wink  Yes, I know what you meant (dud).

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 21572
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 29 2013 7:27 AM

MS Freeze:
I would like to have 2 bible versions.. when I hover over a hyper link...

Not on hover (as Alabama says)

However, if you had Logos setup with the book you were reading in one panel and your English and Greek Bibles in other panels then clicking on the link would go to the relevant place in your highest prioritised Bible (or the one to which you had "send hyperlinks here" set)

If both Bibles were linked in a linkset then they would be end up at the appropriate place.

I know this isn't what you were asking for but - as that isn't possible - I thought it could be a useful alternative.

Posts 27108
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 29 2013 7:32 AM

One solution would be to use the text comparison tool. Have you tried that?

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS