Crash on startup

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1
Tom | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, May 7 2013 6:13 PM

When i startup the software, i hear the startup music and then it crashes.

Posts 27774
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 7 2013 6:33 PM

Tom - First, welcome to the forums! Sorry you are having troubles. Tongue Tied Several things:

1. Great job on posting logs! Smile
  2. I read your logs, but could gather nothing from them. I am only quarter techie. Hopefully someone else will be able to read them for you.
  3. In the meantime… have you tried loading to a blank layout? Press and hold the command key immediately upon startup. Check the box.
  4. This forum is for L5 (Mac & PC). In the future, you should use the L4 Mac forum… unless...
  5. You update to L5. The engine is free, and is recommended for all users who meet the system requirements. You can download it HERE.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 227
LogosEmployee
Mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 8 2013 10:01 AM

Hello Tom,

Thank you for submitting your logs. It appears that Logos is crashing while attempting to render your layout. Unfortunately, most of the error message occurs in the Apple Crash report, so there's not a lot of Logos data to go by here.

I'd guess we've got maybe two potential problems:

1. The Logos application file is corrupt or incomplete. This can be resolved by deleting it and downloading a fresh copy from www.logos.com/install4.
  2. Or the last layout used has corrupted. This can be determined by loading a "blank layout" as Alabama suggested. You'll do this by opening Logos directly from your Applications folder and holding the Command key while it is trying to open. When you see the "sign in" window, check the "Use blank layout" option.

If neither method works, please call for support and we'll have a closer look at it.

Mike

Faithlife Tech Support
Win Logs|Mac Logs|Training

Posts 27774
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 8 2013 10:14 AM

Mike - You need to update your links "cheat sheet". The correct one shouldn't be the /install4, but rather: http://www.logos.com/installation 

EDIT: nevermind. Big Smile (I forgot that he was positing about L4 in the L5 forum). 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS