Francis Turretin Institutes of Elenctic Theology - Great Deal on Pre Pub

Page 2 of 3 (43 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 42 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 1828
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 9 2015 8:18 PM

1,403,714 words, compared to 1,001,958 for C. Hodge's, 795,648 for Calvin's, and for 699,735 for Grudem's.

Beat out only by Barth (5,420,418), Aquinas (2,619,815), Berkouwer (1,832,964), and Bavinck (1,497,847).

Posts 1394
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 9 2015 8:33 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
1,403,714 words

Really excited and really panicking at the same time. Wasn't counting on EBNE and this shipping the same month.  IdeaGuess I'll be eating rice and beans 

Logos 8  | Dell Inspiron 7373 | Windows 10 Pro 64, i7, 16GB, SSD | iPhone X | iMac 27" i7, 16GB, SSD | OS 10.13

Posts 110
Tanner Thetford | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 10 2015 7:03 AM

Fantastic. Can't wait.

Posts 5613
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 10 2015 7:58 AM

James Taylor:

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
1,403,714 words

Really excited and really panicking at the same time. Wasn't counting on EBNE and this shipping the same month.  IdeaGuess I'll be eating rice and beans 

Yes, it may be providence that I cancelled EBNE because of its issues.  I definitely want this more.  Will need to reconsider the EBNE reorder now.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 1394
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 10 2015 8:39 AM

Todd Phillips:
 I definitely want this more

I definitely want this more than compton's but it's difficult to weigh whether the new britannica will top it or not, and being that I don't want to miss the massive savings on EBNE, I can't bring myself to cancel it. It's too bad the pre-order price for Turretin wasn't less, given that we waited 2 years for only a $20 discount.

Logos 8  | Dell Inspiron 7373 | Windows 10 Pro 64, i7, 16GB, SSD | iPhone X | iMac 27" i7, 16GB, SSD | OS 10.13

Posts 26
Jacob Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 10 2015 3:06 PM

Finally, the wait is almost over!

Posts 2253
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 10 2015 8:32 PM

OK, just need to pray from the one who owns all the cattle. Geeked

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 594
Ted Weis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 11 2015 6:42 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
1,403,714 words

This link provides a full listing of all the topics

Posts 5613
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 16 2015 11:06 AM

Phil/Gabe,

The product page make a point to say that it won't be available on mobile when it is released.

What is the time-frame here?  I was especially looking forward to accessing this on my iPad.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 617
Stephen Steele | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 17 2015 4:23 AM

Turretin's birthday today - this nearly made it in time!

Posts 2253
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2015 1:54 PM

Cattle arrived and indexing now! Geeked 

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 4
Warren Cruz | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2015 8:39 PM

It's not appearing on my Vyrso and Logos apps, bro.

Posts 1394
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2015 8:46 PM

Warren Cruz:

It's not appearing on my Vyrso and Logos apps, bro.

It Is not available on mobile apps yet. See product page referenced above

Posts 796
LogosEmployee
Gabe Martini (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2015 8:53 PM

Todd Phillips:

Phil/Gabe,

The product page make a point to say that it won't be available on mobile when it is released.

What is the time-frame here?  I was especially looking forward to accessing this on my iPad.

Not wanting to over-promise and under-deliver, I can't claim anything firm at this time. I can say we expect it to be "in the near future," and Turretin's work is one of many resources that will benefit from these pending updates. Thank you for your patience! I'm very glad to see this one at least finally shipped to the desktop app.

Product Department Manager
Faithlife

Posts 153
Randy Lane | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 28 2015 5:48 AM

I hope availability on mobile is not too far off. Usual delay, when there is one, is just a day or two. But the last Luther Works upgrade was delivered to desktops on 10/15 and those 2 volumes are not yet available on mobile devices.

Posts 277
Ergatees | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 28 2015 10:54 AM

Jacob Walker:

Francis Turretin's Institutes of Elenctic Theology is one of the best systematic theologies ever produced.  Is there anyone out there that will buy these volumes to get this into production?  It is so close and at such a great deal!

Well, it came out in English! I have it in my MacBook in my Logos Software. but a warning...

It will not be a product you can have on a mobile device like iPad or a phone. That is a publisher deal and I just found it out when I could not download it and had to call tech support. I have sold my print edition so am glad to have it again in my ebook library (Logos).

Blessings,

Ergatees

Posts 21928
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 28 2015 10:59 AM

Ergatees:
It will not be a product you can have on a mobile device like iPad or a phone. That is a publisher deal and I just found it out when I could not download it and had to call tech support

According to Jesse at https://community.logos.com/forums/p/118152/775603.aspx#775603 there is a technical issue to resolve and it will then be available on mobile.

Were you advised something different?

Posts 277
Ergatees | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 28 2015 12:18 PM

Graham Criddle:

Ergatees:
It will not be a product you can have on a mobile device like iPad or a phone. That is a publisher deal and I just found it out when I could not download it and had to call tech support

According to Jesse at https://community.logos.com/forums/p/118152/775603.aspx#775603 there is a technical issue to resolve and it will then be available on mobile.

Were you advised something different?

Well, I called tech support today, 10/28/2015, because I was not able to download the books to my iPad. I was told this is due to an arrangement with the publisher. It is available to pc and mac, but not to a mobile device. I do not care to give the name of the person with whom I spoke, but I do remember his name. So maybe the Institutes of Elenctic Theology will become available later as you say. I can hope so.

Thanks for your comment.

Ergatees

Posts 796
LogosEmployee
Gabe Martini (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 28 2015 12:32 PM

Ergatees:

Well, I called tech support today, 10/28/2015, because I was not able to download the books to my iPad. I was told this is due to an arrangement with the publisher. It is available to pc and mac, but not to a mobile device. I do not care to give the name of the person with whom I spoke, but I do remember his name. So maybe the Institutes of Elenctic Theology will become available later as you say. I can hope so.

Thanks for your comment.

Ergatees

I'd say they misspoke or were using poor information. I'm sorry about that. This will be available on mobile as soon as some new data updates are rolled out in a future update. Thanks for your patience.

Product Department Manager
Faithlife

Posts 21928
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 28 2015 12:41 PM

Gabe

Thanks for clarifying

Appreciated, Graham 

Page 2 of 3 (43 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS