Requesting user feedback: Send to Kindle feature

Page 2 of 24 (471 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 470 Replies | 19 Followers

Posts 98
Xegesis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 10 2013 8:39 PM

Please add this Feature!  Sometimes I'll buy a Kindle book over a Logos book, just because it's easier to read on the Kindle app.  

Posts 31
Benny | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 10 2013 9:37 PM

Yes

Posts 18651
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 10 2013 10:07 PM

I might use this. I don't have a Kindle, but I use the Kindle app on my Android tablet and my iPod Touch. Last time I checked, the Kindle app was still faster on both of those platforms for turning pages and adjusting settings than the Logos app, so I prefer reading in it.

However it would be a bummer not to be able to sync highlighting.

Better yet, though -- I wish Logos would invest more time and resources into making the mobile apps faster!

Posts 2910
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 10 2013 10:25 PM

I am interested 100% on this feature.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 126
James Milne Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 10 2013 10:26 PM

Yes please, Tonya. That would indeed be useful.

Posts 281
Sean McIntyre | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 10 2013 10:31 PM

Wow, I thought this would never be considered but YES!

Posts 2038
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 10 2013 10:32 PM

I think the desktop software is a priority over that:

Rosie Perera:
Better yet, though -- I wish Logos would invest more time and resources into making the mobile apps faster!

Aply!
trulyergonomic.com 5,850own
12G A9-9420 V8.3 Acc 11
d:'13Q3 12G

Posts 451
Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 10 2013 11:33 PM

Absolutely, yes! My kindle broke, and I'm still excited about this feature!

Posts 106
Kristin Dantzler | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 10 2013 11:40 PM

This would be a great enhancement!

Posts 173
Kevin Olson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 11 2013 2:21 AM

Sending books to Kindle would be a great feature.  

Posts 3809
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 11 2013 2:41 AM

Yes!

Posts 2736
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 11 2013 2:54 AM

Josh Hunt:

I would really be interested in converting Kindle books to Logos format. 

I know this might be impossible (and is not actually offered) but this direction of conversion makes much more sense to me. I buy Kindle books only if there is no Logos or Vyrso version available. To get them to Logos would be great - but I know it will probably not happen from the obvious reasons Sad

Bohuslav

Posts 2736
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 11 2013 2:59 AM

I just realized one thing that sending Logos books to Kindle might solve:   the absence of Logos reader on platform like WP8. Since Kindle exists there - we would be able to read the exported books on our WP8 devices. That seams really interesting. So, yes, I am voting for the feature also. Yes

Bohuslav

Posts 2038
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 11 2013 3:03 AM

Does Logos want us to pay for internet connections or for books? Isn't an internet connection required? If it is, that really prohibits any use for this feature. The money could instead be used for for example printed matter. Kindle has no advantage over printed matter.

I'll call a couple of GSM operators and see if they still offer charge per megabyte...

Aply!
trulyergonomic.com 5,850own
12G A9-9420 V8.3 Acc 11
d:'13Q3 12G

Posts 10524
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 11 2013 3:21 AM

Tonya J Ross:
Development is considering implementing a 'Send to Kindle' feature for resources in your Logos library.  

I would be interested, as my wife uses a Kindle

Posts 13348
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 11 2013 3:23 AM

Bohuslav Wojnar:
I know this might be impossible (and is not actually offered) but this direction of conversion makes much more sense to me. I buy Kindle books only if there is no Logos or Vyrso version available. To get them to Logos would be great - but I know it will probably not happen from the obvious reasons

If you don't mind breaking the DRM, it's quite easy to convert from Kindle to Logos, although there are few steps.

1. Use Calibre to convert to HTMLz.
  2. Rename the file to .zip, and extract the contents.
  3. Use Word to convert from .html to .docx
  4. Create PB in Logos.
Posts 85
Anthony Keating | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 11 2013 3:24 AM

I would certainly like to see this feature.

Posts 2736
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 11 2013 3:35 AM

Mark Barnes:

Bohuslav Wojnar:
I know this might be impossible (and is not actually offered) but this direction of conversion makes much more sense to me. I buy Kindle books only if there is no Logos or Vyrso version available. To get them to Logos would be great - but I know it will probably not happen from the obvious reasons

If you don't mind breaking the DRM, it's quite easy to convert from Kindle to Logos, although there are few steps.

1. Use Calibre to convert to HTMLz.
  2. Rename the file to .zip, and extract the contents.
  3. Use Word to convert from .html to .docx
  4. Create PB in Logos.

Thank you Mark. It looks easy but I know usually footnotes and other things make it a headache. 

Bohuslav

Posts 27555
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 11 2013 3:36 AM

Unix:
Isn't an internet connection required? If it is, that really prohibits any use for this feature. The money could instead be used for for example printed matter. Kindle has no advantage over printed matter.

What are you talking about?

1. An internet connect isn't required to read Kindle books… except perhaps to download the resource in the first place, but I'm fairly certain most of us have an internet connection for that. Wink
  2. Money used for "printed matter"? Huh?
  3. Kindle has "no advantage"? I'm pretty sure my chiropractor would agree with you.

I am an a Mac Fanboy. I would never choose a Kindle over an iPad if I could only choose one. If I could have both, I think I would like having an e-ink reader, if for nothing other than the beach.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 13348
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 11 2013 3:39 AM

Rosie Perera:
I don't have a Kindle,

The key benefit to this for most of us is the ability to read Logos resources on an e-Ink display. That's no longer reliably possible, even on rooted devices, as the Logos app/resources need later versions of Android than you get on e-ink displays. I've only recently bought eInk, but I'm a big fan for proper reading.

Rosie Perera:
I wish Logos would invest more time and resources into making the mobile apps faster!

They've resisted that on the desktop, and they'll resist it on mobile, too. By the time they've done it, you'll be on your next Android tablet and you won't need the speed increase.

Page 2 of 24 (471 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS