Requesting user feedback: Send to Kindle feature

Page 4 of 24 (471 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last »
This post has 470 Replies | 19 Followers

Posts 2038
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 11 2013 8:11 AM

I don't think the same internet fits an android tablet:

alabama24:
Why do you need an "extra" internet connection? Do you not have an internet connection for your computer?

They are way too far away and/or have very limited opening hours. And none of them are cafés, all of them are just public libraries. And yes, I live in a large city-area:

alabama24:
Are there not cafe's with free wifi where you live?

Aply!
trulyergonomic.com 5,850own
12G A9-9420 V8.3 Acc 11
d:'13Q3 12G

Posts 5564
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 11 2013 8:13 AM

I would be interested in such a feature, and would likely use it.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 27545
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 11 2013 8:14 AM

Unix:
I don't think the same internet fits an android tablet:

Hmm. I thought the Internet was "one size fits all."

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 13342
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 11 2013 8:25 AM

Unix:
I don't think the same internet fits an android tablet

If you mean your USB stick can't be plugged into your Android tablet, then no, of course it can't. But almost everyone with tablets has WiFi in their homes. If you don't, you should use your laptop as a virtual hotspot and share it's internet connection with your tablet.

Posts 98
Xegesis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 11 2013 10:16 AM

Thanks Mark!  Your technique of using .htmlz rather that .rtf was the big difference since .htmlz kept the formatting like you said.  As you can see in the image, it even does better than expected as I would just worry about doing each chapter heading because of time. 

Now all I need to do is think of a way to create a macro or .NET app that would parse commentaries and apply the appropriate milestones to make them useful in passage guides.  

Thanks again Mark!

Posts 927
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 11 2013 10:25 AM

Tonya J Ross:

Development is considering implementing a 'Send to Kindle' feature for resources in your Logos library.  

Before investing a significant amount of time on this item, we would like to assess user interest based on the fact that this feature would not support sending notes/highlights to or receiving notes/highlights from Kindle devices/apps (which is mentioned in the UserVoice request for this item).

Please let us know if you would still be interested in seeing this feature.

Absolutely, Tonya. I would love to read many of my Logos books in the e-ink of a Kindle. Being able to highlight and send notes would make it that much better, but I would use it without those features.

Pastor, Cornerstone Baptist Church, Clinton, SC

Posts 1281
toughski | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 11 2013 10:28 AM

Mark Barnes:
I am absolutely 100% super-interested in this feature.

me too

Posts 72
John Crupper | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 11 2013 10:29 AM

Would love to see this feature.

Posts 1281
toughski | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 11 2013 10:35 AM

Unix:
Kindle has no advantage over printed matter

not true - try to haul your 10000 book library overseas (I was fortunate to do it when M-Bag rate was $1/lb) and then back when you return to your country on furlough for a few months.

I feel your pain as far as paying per MB for internet. Used to be the same way here, now they offer an "unlimited" service, just throttle your speed to dial-up levels.

Posts 1138
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 11 2013 10:56 AM

For me the most beneficial part of this feature would be the text to speech mode that is available on Kindle, but not on the Logos App. There are countless books that I don't have the time to read outright, but could definitely listen on the way to work and such. Also I have a number of titles that are not available on the logos moble app, but if I was able to convert them to kindle format that would be great!

Posts 1880
Philana Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 11 2013 11:04 AM

I would love this feature.

Posts 3658
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 11 2013 11:06 AM

I use Kindle... so I suppose I'd be interested. I'm not sure what you'd send that we can't already get, though. :-)

Grace & Peace,
Bill

Asus GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 3658
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 11 2013 11:11 AM

BillS:

I use Kindle... so I suppose I'd be interested. I'm not sure what you'd send that we can't already get, though. :-)

Since the forum won't let me edit the post, I'll reply to it.   I use a Kindle FIRE & already have access to Logos books on it, & I have no plan for an e-ink device so I'm not sure I'd see any additional benefit.

Grace & Peace,
Bill

Asus GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 2038
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 11 2013 11:44 AM

Since it's weekend I don't know yet, but I doubt any operator over here charges per megabyte anymore without a monthly fee, the only option is probably per DAY :-(

toughski:
I feel your pain as far as paying per MB for internet.

Aply!
trulyergonomic.com 5,850own
12G A9-9420 V8.3 Acc 11
d:'13Q3 12G

Posts 1138
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 11 2013 2:00 PM

Mark Barnes:

Bohuslav Wojnar:
I know this might be impossible (and is not actually offered) but this direction of conversion makes much more sense to me. I buy Kindle books only if there is no Logos or Vyrso version available. To get them to Logos would be great - but I know it will probably not happen from the obvious reasons

If you don't mind breaking the DRM, it's quite easy to convert from Kindle to Logos, although there are few steps.

1. Use Calibre to convert to HTMLz.
  2. Rename the file to .zip, and extract the contents.
  3. Use Word to convert from .html to .docx
  4. Create PB in Logos.

Mark,

I did not know this! I just downloaded Calibre via your link to try it out! I'm not a very techy guy and I'm having trouble converting my Kindle book files (that I put in Calibre) to HTMLz. Either it just says "failed" or notice with a lock icon pops up about DRM?. Is there anywhere I can find more detailed instructions about this 4 step process?

Thanks again! This would be absolutely great if I could get it to work!

Posts 1138
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 11 2013 2:00 PM

Mark Barnes:

Bohuslav Wojnar:
I know this might be impossible (and is not actually offered) but this direction of conversion makes much more sense to me. I buy Kindle books only if there is no Logos or Vyrso version available. To get them to Logos would be great - but I know it will probably not happen from the obvious reasons

If you don't mind breaking the DRM, it's quite easy to convert from Kindle to Logos, although there are few steps.

4. Create PB in Logos.

Mark,

I did not know this! I just downloaded Calibre via your link to try it out! I'm not a very techy guy and I'm having trouble converting my Kindle book files (that I put in Calibre) to HTMLz. Either it just says "failed" or notice with a lock icon pops up about DRM?. Is there anywhere I can find more detailed instructions about this 4 step process?

Posts 1138
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 11 2013 2:01 PM

Mark Barnes:

Bohuslav Wojnar:

4. Create PB in Logos.

Mark,

Posts 13342
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 11 2013 3:34 PM

Liam Walsh:
Is there anywhere I can find more detailed instructions about this 4 step process?

There's a plugin to download first. See http://apprenticealf.wordpress.com/2012/09/10/calibre-plugins-the-simplest-option-for-removing-most-ebook-drm/

You also need to have the Kindle Reader installed on your PC.

Posts 688
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 11 2013 4:51 PM

77 replies in less than 24 hours... on a weekend.

Logos, please?

Jerry

Win7 - - Intel Core i3, 530 @ 2 .93GHz - - 6GB RAM ATI Radeon HD Samsung 500GB SSD

Burning Bush Ministries

Posts 808
Kevin Maples | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 11 2013 7:58 PM

Yes, I would love to have this feature. eInk is the best thing since sliced bread!

Page 4 of 24 (471 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS