Posts 331
Mathew Haferkamp | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 11 2013 8:30 PM

YES

Posts 134
L.D. Young | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 11 2013 8:46 PM

The "send to Kindle" feature is a great idea. I would definitely use it.  Yes

Posts 98
Jeremy Writebol | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 11 2013 8:48 PM

I'm so about this... Yes, can we have it tomorrow?

Posts 38
Bill Fitch | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 11 2013 10:02 PM

For me, 'Send to Kindle' would be HUGE. Thanks in advance.

Posts 72
papa_gowgow | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 12 2013 10:05 AM

Very interested in this feature, I reckon it would be much better than the experimental browser.

Posts 10
Paul Erickson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 12 2013 10:10 AM

Yes, this feature would greatly increase the value of my Logos library regardless of the presence or absence of highlighting/notes. Monographs, especially, would suddenly become a lot more attractive in Logos.

Posts 159
David Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 12 2013 10:12 AM

Yes please - that would be a brilliant feature and I would use it a lot.

DAVID

Posts 2916
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 12 2013 11:41 AM

I do not think I would use this feature...which would only benefit those with eInk kindles.

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 27558
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 12 2013 12:02 PM

Jacob Hantla:
I do not think I would use this feature...which would only benefit those with eInk kindles.

Despite being a hard-core Apple Mac Fanboy, I have been tempted to get an e-ink kindle. I LOVE my iPad and use it everyday… but there are times where having a more inexpensive device might be nice… (i.e. at the beach). I am also interested in the Kindle because there are a number of books which can be "borrowed" for free… but only on an actual Kindle device (rather than a Kindle app on my iPad). 

The price of $69 is appealing to many people… and MILLIONS have been sold, so something that benefits only "those with eInk kindles" may likely be a very large population of the Logos community. With that said, if I could only choose one, and could choose either, it would obviously be an iPad. Big Smile

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 12 2013 12:04 PM

Another +1 for this proposed feature. Yes

Posts 2916
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 12 2013 12:19 PM

alabama24:

Jacob Hantla:

Despite being a hard-core Apple Mac Fanboy, I have been tempted to get an e-ink kindle. I LOVE my iPad and use it everyday… but there are times where having a more inexpensive device might be nice… (i.e. at the beach). I am also interested in the Kindle because there are a number of books which can be "borrowed" for free… but only on an actual Kindle device (rather than a Kindle app on my iPad). 

The price of $69 is appealing to many people… and MILLIONS have been sold, so something that benefits only "those with eInk kindles" may likely be a very large population of the Logos community. With that said, if I could only choose one, and could choose either, it would obviously be an iPad. Big Smile

I would encourage making a kindle friendly web-site view. I have used my 3g Kindle on vacations to read on the web. I am not against it being done, but just think that efforts could probably be better spent elsewhere. My $0.02. I don't think it's a bad idea...unless it scares publishers away thinking their books are less secure. Also, currently getting Logos to Kindle is pretty easy since the export tool works so well. 

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 2062
Forum MVP
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 12 2013 1:34 PM

I'm about to turn 40 this year. I've always had perfect vision: no glasses or contacts. Spent my life in books and in front of computer screens. But within the last year or so I've been feeling a lot of fatigue and stress in my eyes when spending time in front of the computer or on my tablets. My vision is fine, it's the light constantly aimed directly at my eyes that cause the strain.

The eInk Kindle is different. It's not backlit and doesn't cause much strain for me. It's exactly like reading a book. I can easily spend twice as much time reading on an eInk screen than I can on the other tablets or computer screen. Some days after working at the computer all day I don't even feel like picking up my tablet for studying at all. That is why this feature is important to me-to spend more time studying without the strain and fatigue.

For some, having a cheap option for a portable tablet to read on is a definite advantage. I suspect a lot of us though are looking for something a little easier on the eyes-a break from the computer screens, TV screens, lighted signs, and all the other bright lights constantly blasting us. Cool

Posts 42
JOSHUA DAVIS | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 12 2013 2:42 PM

YES

Posts 8898
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 12 2013 3:32 PM

I like this idea as it will give another great option for reading.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 701
ChelseaFC | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 12 2013 3:52 PM

I don't have a horse in this race because I have a Nexus, however it seems like it would help alot of people. Go for it!!! Add a bulk send all 'Logos' books to kindle' and add a 'Download All Logos Books' for Nexus while you are at it. :)

Cheers,

ChelseaFC (Europa finalists and Champions League 2014)

Chelsea FC- Today is a good day!

Posts 2038
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 12 2013 3:55 PM

I guess the device would run out of memory, drain the battery, and that it would be hard to browse the library on it:

ChelseaFC:
Add a bulk send all 'Logos' books to kindle'

Aply!
trulyergonomic.com 5,850own
12G A9-9420 V8.3 Acc 11
d:'13Q3 12G

Posts 701
ChelseaFC | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 12 2013 4:02 PM

Maybe.. But it might depend on the size of your Logos library as well...But it might be 'fun' option to have.

Chelsea FC- Today is a good day!

Posts 27558
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 12 2013 4:10 PM

Jacob Hantla:

I would encourage making a kindle friendly web-site view. I have used my 3g Kindle on vacations to read on the web.

I don't know, but I would think that "export to kindle" would be an easier function to create than a "kindle friendly" web page, plus with an "export to kindle," users would have access to the resource offline, plus be able to take notes (using the kindle notes feature, not the logos one." Of course, a "kindle friendly" webpage may one day allow notes & highlights using Logos notes & highlights, which would be more useful. 

Posts 27558
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 12 2013 4:15 PM

Unix:

I guess the device would run out of memory, drain the battery, and that it would be hard to browse the library on it:

ChelseaFC:
Add a bulk send all 'Logos' books to kindle'

Wow, I agree with you! Stick out tongue

The kindle has 2GB of storage, which only 1.5 is available for resources. The battery isn't probably an issue, but too few libraries would be able to take advantage of a "send all to kindle" to be worthwhile (IMO). 

Posts 145
Darcy S. Van Horn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 12 2013 4:44 PM

Tonya J Ross:

Development is considering implementing a 'Send to Kindle' feature for resources in your Logos library.  

Before investing a significant amount of time on this item, we would like to assess user interest based on the fact that this feature would not support sending notes/highlights to or receiving notes/highlights from Kindle devices/apps (which is mentioned in the UserVoice request for this item).

Please let us know if you would still be interested in seeing this feature.

YesYesYes I would be totally interested in this feature.  I've already put a bunch of my Logos books onto my kindle using Sigil and Calibre (as explained on this thread http://community.logos.com/forums/t/47210.aspx by Fr Devin Rosa).  My only request would be that if Logos implemented a 'Send to Kindle' feature, that it would result in a functional table of contents, and functional footnotes.  Currently this is possible by exporting to Word, then using Sigil to convert to epub, and Calibre to convert to Kindle.  If the Logos feature doesn't include these functions, then I'd probably just continue doing it the long slow but effective way.  Also, no interest in exporting notes or highlighting from Logos to Kindle.

By the way, I don't think the idea suggested by the OP was to send one's entire Logos library to Kindle.  For most of us, the Kindle just wouldn't have anywhere near the capacity to store that many books.  The idea would be to send one book at a time to Kindle, for the purpose of making it easier to read.  E-ink is so much easier on the eyes than any backlit screen, whether computer, ipad, nexus, or whatever.  Also, much easier to read outdoors on a sunny day!  I currently have about 400 books on my Kindle.  Not sure how many are from Logos, but I would guess over half.  Great to carry around at only a few ounces.

Blessings.

Darcy

Page 5 of 24 (471 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | RSS