Sync Error & Crashing

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 591
Pam Larson | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, May 15 2013 9:55 AM

I've been getting the yellow triangle for a couple of weeks now ("an error occurred during synchronization, click to try again). Should I be worried?

Also, Logos regularly crashes when I switch layouts in the middle of a session. This has been going on a lot longer.

Computer:

HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC 64-bit Intel® Core i7-2670QM 2.20 GHz Windows 7 Home Premium

Log files:7571.Logos Log Files.zip

Posts 28679
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 15 2013 10:14 AM

Pam Larson:
I've been getting the yellow triangle for a couple of weeks now ("an error occurred during synchronization, click to try again). Should I be worried?

Some other users have had sync problems… I am not sure if your issue is related or not. Your logs have the following warning:

Not syncing client due to previous fatal error: Repository = (Libronix.DigitalLibrary.LibraryCatalogSyncManager+OurCustomResourceMetadataSyncClientRepository)

I am wondering if there is a corrupted db file, but if so, I don't know which one. (If it doesn't explicitly tell me, I don't try to guess). 

Pam Larson:
Also, Logos regularly crashes when I switch layouts in the middle of a session.

Did these logs come right after a crash, or were you just reporting that you have had this difficulty recently? If these logs weren't right after a crash, please create new logs and cause Logos to crash. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 591
Pam Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 15 2013 11:13 AM

alabama24:

Did these logs come right after a crash, or were you just reporting that you have had this difficulty recently? If these logs weren't right after a crash, please create new logs and cause Logos to crash. 

Crashes have been happening a long time, I was just wondering if whatever causes them causes the sync error as well. The crashes are unpredictable, so I'll just make sure to log in every time I open Logos so that I'll have a log to upload when the next crash happens. Thanks for your help.

Posts 25996
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 15 2013 2:33 PM

Pam Larson:
Crashes have been happening a long time, I was just wondering if whatever causes them causes the sync error as well.

The sync error comes from the Library Catalog Sync database and has affected other users. Logos are still working on a software fix, so I refer you to Tech Support  for a possible workaround; one that unfortunately could cause some data to be lost. So for the time being refrain from making changes to your Library (tags, etc) and also refer them to this thread for the Out of Memory errors showing in your logs

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 8840
LogosEmployee

I have posted new information about this issue here: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/69793/489345.aspx#489345

Posts 591
Pam Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 15 2013 8:02 PM

Thanks, guys.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS