"Dock this Panel"

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 31
Steve | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, May 16 2013 8:22 AM

Is there any way to ensure that a "dock this panel" click will return the panel to the precise location from which is was floated?  I have a layout I use regularly. Periodically I want to see more of a certain text.  I float the panel.  When done with that particular task, I'd love to be able to have it "re-dock" to it's original position, but that does not consistently happen.  I'm not sure what the rubric is which governs where it goes, but it regularly finds a new home . . . which then requires an additional "drag and drop" to get it to its proper home.

Posts 28714
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 16 2013 8:32 AM

Steve:
Is there any way to ensure that a "dock this panel" click will return the panel to the precise location from which is was floated?

Sorry, I don't think so… although, instead of "dock this panel," you can drag the tab back where you want it to go.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 13411
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 16 2013 9:08 AM

Steve:
Periodically I want to see more of a certain text.  I float the panel.

You might find it better to use Reading View (F11) instead. That does go back to it's original position.

Posts 774
David A Egolf | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 16 2013 4:29 PM

We discussed this in our Logos users group and we concluded that right clicking the tab and using those controls to float and dock seemed to work better; i.e. "Open in a floating window".  I have never had trouble with a tab returning to the wrong panel, but I may not have noticed.

Posts 19067
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 16 2013 4:38 PM

David A Egolf:

We discussed this in our Logos users group and we concluded that right clicking the tab and using those controls to float and dock seemed to work better; i.e. "Open in a floating window".  I have never had trouble with a tab returning to the wrong panel, but I may not have noticed.

It might depend on whether you'd done anything else that affects the panel layout in the meantime.

Posts 31
Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 16 2013 6:08 PM

Thanks for all the input!  I tested the right click, and without making any panel layout moves in the meantime, the floated panel still found a different home. 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS