Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 9
Scott Case | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, May 16 2013 9:34 PM

Hi all,

I am a new Logos user and I'm still sort of sounding the waters to learn what is possible to do with the various tools, and what applications the different features have, what sorts of new questions I can ask Logos that would have been difficult to find answers for before, etc.  This is what brings me to ask the following question, which might be reasonable or it might be ridiculous ;)

The question that prompts me to ask this is, "Which books of the NT would tax my Greek vocabulary the most/least and how do they all compare to one another?"  Could I run a report to show how many occurrences each book of the NT has of Greek lemmas which occur fewer than 10 times in the NT?  Is this the sort of question that Logos is good at answering?

Thanks for your time!

Scott

Posts 22275
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 17 2013 12:40 AM

Hi Scott - and welcome to the forums.

I assume you are using Logos 5 - if not please advise.

Scott Case:
"Which books of the NT would tax my Greek vocabulary the most/least and how do they all compare to one another?"  Could I run a report to show how many occurrences each book of the NT has of Greek lemmas which occur fewer than 10 times in the NT?

I would do this using Word Lists - working on one biblical book at a time:

Create a Word List document:

Specify the book you want to work in (I am using Romans as an example)

"Drag" the column heading for "Count" to the top left of the panel which will group the results by count

"Collapse" the results to get lemmas ordered by count:

Hopefully this will give you what you need

Graham

(And more people would see these types of requests if you posted in the Logos 5 forum at http://community.logos.com/forums/109.aspx - the forum you posted in is specifically related to an additional product intended to help people use Logos software more effectively)

Posts 9
Scott Case | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 17 2013 2:39 PM

Thanks so much for your response, Graham!  I will give your instructions a try and see what kind of results I can produce.  Also, thank you for pointing out that this forum is not what I thought it was. :P  I'll post in the main L5 forum henceforth.  Thanks again for taking time to help a newcomer!

Scott

Posts 22275
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 17 2013 7:36 PM

Hi Scott.

you are very welcome .

please feel free to post about the use of Logos software, there is normally someone on the forums able and willing to help.

Graham

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS