Page 8 of 8 (154 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8
This post has 153 Replies | 26 Followers

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 25 2013 3:58 PM

Mike Heiser:

I can't say I'm familiar with what John is doing, but I don't believe he's hiring professors from around the country for his content. If he is, let us know! 

We've had almost two dozen in for filming, and that's just the beginning. 

I'm a good few years away or more before I'll qualify to teach as a seminary professor, but once I get more credentials under me, I'd love to get involved in Mobile Ed. This is an area I'd have such an enjoyment getting involved in.

In the meantime, I can recommend some excellent professors for Mobile Ed if you want them. Give me your email and I'll send over the list.

Thanks!

Nathan Parker

Visit my blog at http://focusingonthemarkministries.com

Posts 138
LogosEmployee
Clifford Kvidahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 25 2013 6:41 PM

Here is a little foretaste of what we are doing in Mobile Ed this week.

Dr. Darrell Bock

Posts 6585
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 25 2013 9:03 PM

Clifford Kvidahl:

Dr. Darrell Bock

No video? Sad

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 389
James C. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 27 2013 8:47 AM

Give us some video samples please.

Posts 10715
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 27 2013 2:22 PM

Clifford Kvidahl:

Dr. Darrell Bock

It is scary how much this looks like my son-in-law Confused

Posts 1706
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 31 2013 9:33 AM

Baptist MDiv student here at Luther Rice Seminary (I work days in the insurance industry in a callcenter) and hope one day to be a future assistant pastor if I am ordained and God calls me to a specific church or ministry.

In exchange for a free look at your developing content as it progresses, I would be happy to be a test subject (i dislike guinea pig) for one of your courses and, in particular, help you with the tests (as in I can take the tests and tell you whats good or bad about them).

Blessings as you all pursue this course of study offering.
Joshua

p.s. I would enjoy a long free lengthy look at the sessions with Mr. Bock Smile

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 31 2013 10:53 AM

Joshua Lieder:

Baptist MDiv student here at Luther Rice Seminary (I work days in the insurance industry in a callcenter) and hope one day to be a future assistant pastor if I am ordained and God calls me to a specific church or ministry.

In exchange for a free look at your developing content as it progresses, I would be happy to be a test subject (i dislike guinea pig) for one of your courses and, in particular, help you with the tests (as in I can take the tests and tell you whats good or bad about them).

Blessings as you all pursue this course of study offering.
Joshua

p.s. I would enjoy a long free lengthy look at the sessions with Mr. Bock Smile

Nice to see a fellow LRU student there! I'm starting my M Div in January. I've recommended some of our professors to Logos Mobile Ed. We have some great ones I'd love to see in Mobile Ed.

Nathan Parker

Posts 61
Rich Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 31 2013 11:01 AM

I would be interested in what you might be thinking Nathan. I am envisioning blending the Logos Mobil Ed program into the curriculum at our Bible College. In my view, the costs are reasonable and the concept is in line with our stated goals of providing Logos software and training for all our students. 

Rich Davis

President

Bluewater Bible College

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 31 2013 11:14 AM

Rich Davis:

I would be interested in what you might be thinking Nathan. I am envisioning blending the Logos Mobil Ed program into the curriculum at our Bible College. In my view, the costs are reasonable and the concept is in line with our stated goals of providing Logos software and training for all our students. 

Rich Davis

President

Bluewater Bible College

Sounds good. Shoot me an email at the following contact form:

http://www.mallardcomputer.com/wp/about/executives/nathanparker/

And I'll email it to you when I email Dale. It basically has to do with the way colleges organize/arrange the courses in their degree programs. I'm pondering over something that I believe if colleges gave it a try, students would walk away with a better grasp of their course material when completing a degree program and give them a better handle in serving in their functional fields.

Thanks!

Nathan Parker

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 2 2013 9:33 AM

Something else I want to throw here into the mix...

If colleges were to adapt Mobile Ed as their courseware engine, and they could offer "do at your pace" courses where you could submit online tests and receive certification or degrees from the college (similar to how Moody did AM), I could see an additional market for this. I'll give you an example.

I'm chatting with a friend of mine on Facebook who wants to go to Bible college. He has severe medical issues and has to spend quite a bit of time in hospitals, as well as sometimes he's bedridden. I've been praying for him that the Lord will be with him through this period of illness and comfort him and give him the all sufficient grace he needs. 

Since his issues are so severe, he definitely can't physically attend a college campus. He's considering online college since it's more flexible, but even then, he'll be struggling to complete all of his assignments on time each semester and really putting effort into it.

Something like Mobile Ed would be perfect for him. He'd have all of his course material (lectures, textbooks, etc.) anywhere he'd go (at home, in the hospital, etc.), be able to completely work at his own pace, receive solid Bible training, and if colleges jumped aboard and offered a way he could get some form of credit by submitting online tests, it'd be ideal. As I talk with different people, I can see Logos has a huge opportunity for Mobile Ed. This is truly a game changer.

Nathan Parker

Posts 2539
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 2 2013 9:55 AM

Nathan Parker:

they could offer "do at your pace" courses 

please define "do at your pace".  

All the courses that I have looked into wanted me to complete within the limits of their schools semester and not let me take say two years or more to finish.

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 2 2013 3:05 PM

David Ames:

Nathan Parker:

All the courses that I have looked into wanted me to complete within the limits of their schools semester and not let me take say two years or more to finish.

Something quite that lengthy would be too long in my opinion (especially for one course). It'd be nice to have a little bit of grace in there, while still putting some form of limit on it. Possibly extending one course to the equivalent of two semesters with a little bit of grace if needed for health reasons, etc. Most students even with severe health issues could probably complete a course within that timeframe. 

Nathan Parker

Posts 604
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 2 2013 3:30 PM

Nathan Parker:

David Ames:

Nathan Parker:

Something quite that lengthy would be too long in my opinion (especially for one course). It'd be nice to have a little bit of grace in there, while still putting some form of limit on it. Possibly extending one course to the equivalent of two semesters with a little bit of grace if needed for health reasons, etc. Most students even with severe health issues could probably complete a course within that timeframe. 

The last grad courses that I took online had us reading approx. 200 pages per week, several online lectures each week, a minimum of 5 hours per week online discussion with classmates, possibly an online quiz or two per week (over the reading material) and paper(s) for 5 weeks. We then had a couple more weeks to submit our final project. In return, the school was to provide a "quick" return of evaluated (graded) papers, an evaluation of our online discussion and grading of our quizzes (if there were any for the class. After the final project was submitted, we could expect a wait of usually only a matter of a couple of days.

Total time allowed for the course 7 weeks for 2 hours of credit. Total (work) time estimated per week...15-20 hours. Online is an alternative, but it really only works if you are dedicated enough to put in the time and effort.

Posts 2539
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 3 2013 4:15 PM

Bill Shewmaker:

Nathan Parker:

David Ames:

Nathan Parker:

Something quite that lengthy would be too long in my opinion  

Online is an alternative, but it really only works if you are dedicated enough to put in the time and effort.

Thank you for the replies.   Do at your pace seems to mean do at their pace.  And yes, my example of two years may have been too long

[But what if you are working full time and have never done the college thing? and only have one or two nights a week free?]

" reading approx. 200 pages per week, several online lectures each week, a minimum of 5 hours per week online discussion with classmates, possibly an online quiz or two per week"  Does not sound like "do at your pace"  Congratulations on passing. 

Page 8 of 8 (154 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 | RSS