Letters And Homilies for Hellenized Christians: A Socio-Rhetorical Commentary on Titus, 1-2 Timothy And 1-3 John (Letters and Homilies for Hellenized Christians Set) (Incomplete set purchase?)

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 37
Jonathan Andrist | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Aug 31 2009 11:02 AM

I was looking at required texts for my upcoming semester and noticed one of them was "Letters And Homilies for Hellenized Christians (vol 1)"

When I looked on amazon I discovered that the rest of the title was ": A Socio-Rhetorical Commentary on Titus, 1-2 Timothy And 1-3 John (Letters and Homilies for Hellenized Christians Set) (Hardcover)" by Ben Witherington (2006)

http://www.amazon.com/Letters-Homilies-Hellenized-Christians-Socio-Rhetorical/dp/0830829318

When I saw the restI  rushed to find out if it was in my Socio-Rhetorical Commentary Series (8 Vols.) http://www.logos.com/products/details/3676, because it appeared to be in the same set, and published by the same author as many of the other volumes.

I want to know if there are plans to include this sub-set of the commentary series in logos? It seems likely that you already have the rights to production.

Posts 2788
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 31 2009 11:32 AM

JonathanAndrist:

I was looking at required texts for my upcoming semester and noticed one of them was "Letters And Homilies for Hellenized Christians (vol 1)"

When I looked on amazon I discovered that the rest of the title was ": A Socio-Rhetorical Commentary on Titus, 1-2 Timothy And 1-3 John (Letters and Homilies for Hellenized Christians Set) (Hardcover)" by Ben Witherington (2006)

http://www.amazon.com/Letters-Homilies-Hellenized-Christians-Socio-Rhetorical/dp/0830829318

When I saw the restI  rushed to find out if it was in my Socio-Rhetorical Commentary Series (8 Vols.) http://www.logos.com/products/details/3676, because it appeared to be in the same set, and published by the same author as many of the other volumes.

I want to know if there are plans to include this sub-set of the commentary series in logos? It seems likely that you already have the rights to production.

I also have requested for these commentaries to be made available in Logos. I am glad someone else is interested in this. Like you Jonathan, i would like to know if there are plans to have these commentaries in logos?

Ted

Letters and Homilies for Jewish Christians: A Socio-Rhetorical Commentary on Hebrews, James and Jude by Ben Witherington III

Letters and Homilies for Hellenized Christians: A Socio-Rhetorical Commentary on 1-2 Peterby Ben Witherington

Letters And Homilies for Hellenized Christians: A Socio-Rhetorical Commentary on Titus, 1-2 Timothy And 1-3 John (Letters and Homilies for Hellenized Christians Set) by Ben Witherington

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 2 2009 11:40 AM

Ted Hans:

Letters and Homilies for Jewish Christians: A Socio-Rhetorical Commentary on Hebrews, James and Jude by Ben Witherington III

Letters and Homilies for Hellenized Christians: A Socio-Rhetorical Commentary on 1-2 Peterby Ben Witherington

Letters And Homilies for Hellenized Christians: A Socio-Rhetorical Commentary on Titus, 1-2 Timothy And 1-3 John (Letters and Homilies for Hellenized Christians Set) by Ben Witherington

I too would love to see these commentaries in my Logos library

Posts 140
Mark Allison | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2009 9:12 AM

I'm interested in this commentary series. I'd love to have the question answered, and I'll add another to it: If I purchase this commentary series now, and new volumes are added at a later date, how does Logos usually handle the upgrade (if such a thing exists).

Mark

Posts 13411
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 5 2009 6:05 AM

There isn't a usually, I'm afraid.

• Sometimes new volumes come out as individual volumes, and existing users just buy them singly like everyone else (the NAC series, and IVPNTC, for example).
  • Sometimes new volumes get integrated into the existing set, and existing users can buy them at a discount (the Calvin Collection, for exampe).
  • Sometimes new volumes get a new 'set' created just for them, which existing users can buy like everyone else (the WBC, for example).
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS