Crash: 5.1 Beta 8 (MAC OSX 10.8.3)

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 28310
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, May 25 2013 10:34 AM

I was unable to start Logos after some resources downloaded, until I used "start with a blank layout." I have some resources downloading now, so I am hesitant to experiment more right now. I am posting some logs in case this issue is related to troubles other Mac users have been experiencing with the app crashing on closing of the app.

I tried reading the logs and couldn't make heads or tails. I thought there might be an issue with the ErrorReportManager.db file, so I deleted it... no change. The resources downloaded and are indexing now. I will try opening a layout once that is complete.

5344.Apple Crash Log.docx

0081.LogosLogs.20130525-131628.zip

6406.LogosLogs.20130525-131112.zip

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 777
Brisa Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 29 2013 2:04 PM

Were you able to reproduce this crash once the resources finished indexing? Do you happen to know what panels were open in the layout you were trying to load? 

Posts 28310
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 29 2013 2:38 PM

Brisa Davis:
Were you able to reproduce this crash once the resources finished indexing?

Yes. I had an awful time trying to keep L5 stable without opening to a blank layout. I have another set of logs, which I believe were during this problem.

0458.LogosLogs.20130528-094722.zip

Brisa Davis:
Do you happen to know what panels were open in the layout you were trying to load? 

I dont. I think there is a chance that the layout was from my MacBook Pro. Let me state this clearly: My layout from my laptop jumped to my desktop. This has happened before, and was not because of intended action on my part. I didn't load my laptop layout! In fact, I deleted all my layouts a little while back because of this problem. I have since created named layouts with the name of each computer. I know that the wrong layout opened up because there were two personal books open on my desktop, despite the fact that I have only worked on them on my laptop. I am unsure if this problem is related to the crashes or not. 

At this point, my desktop appears stable. I am unable to cause it to crash. Over the weekend, I had difficulties getting it to not crash! Why can't it just do what I want it to? Smile

Posts 777
Brisa Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 30 2013 11:57 AM

I have passed your logs on to the Development department. 

Posts 28310
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 30 2013 11:59 AM

Thanks Smile

Posts 777
Brisa Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 31 2013 11:04 AM

This crash at startup should be fixed in 5.1 Beta 9. Please let us know if you experience this crash again after that build has shipped.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS