Salutation To Greece From The West

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 20 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 3
Megatron | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, May 26 2013 5:32 PM

Greetings. Thank you for receiving me. It is a plessure to be part of this beutiful forum. Next week I plan to present a small video with the same title of this message in the koine dialect giving thanks to Greece for its beautiful ancient dialect and for its knowledge. I love Greece so much. God bless everyone.

Χαιρετισμούς. Σας ευχαριστώ για την υποδοχή μου. Είναι μια plessure να είναι μέρος της παρούσας beutiful φόρουμ. Επόμενη εβδομάδα σκοπεύω να παρουσιάσω ένα μικρό βίντεο με τον ίδιο τίτλο αυτού του μηνύματος στο koine διάλεκτος δίνοντας χάρη στην Ελλάδα για την όμορφη αρχαία διάλεκτο και για τη γνώση. Λατρεύω την Ελλάδα τόσο πολύ.

Posts 29918
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 26 2013 5:44 PM

Welcome to the forums! Do you use Logos Bible Software?

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 27 2013 10:10 AM

Megatron:
Greetings.

Χαίρετε Big Smile to the Logos Bible Software forums.

Searching Logos 5 for lemma:λατρεύω finds translations of serve and worship:

By the way, noticed some non greek letters in the modern translation.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 12159
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 27 2013 10:16 AM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):
By the way, noticed some non greek letters in the modern translation.

A typo fooled Google translate? Smile

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 27 2013 12:06 PM

Peace in the Lord Jesus to all!            *smile*

After great and long and arduous research ,,,      using Wikipedia ......         *smile*           I find ....

Surely, Megatron, that's not you?    

Megatron (G1)

From Transformers Wiki

This article is a featured article, and considered to be one of the most informative on this wiki.

The name or term "Megatron" refers to more than one character or idea. For a list of other meanings, see Megatron (disambiguation).

Megatron is a Decepticon from the Generation 1 continuity family.
  Baby, why you make me gotta hurt you?

Megatron is the founder of the Decepticon uprising, and their most well-known and feared leader. As a young, charismatic leader forged in battle and the heritage of war, he began to believe in a grand purpose for his race—it is the Transformers' glorious destiny to rule an empire which will span the universe. The opposite of his mortal enemy Optimus Prime, he feels great contempt for other Transformers who, he feels, betray their proud heritage by demanding peace and cooperation with weaker life forms. It is the destiny of the Decepticons to bring order to the universe through conquest, though in the millions of years since coining this purpose it remains to be seen how much of his mission statement is altruistic... and how much of it is mere words built to fuel warriors to further his desire for personal power.

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 27 2013 12:50 PM

Milford.

Posts 3
Megatron | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 30 2013 8:37 AM

Hello. I don't have the Logos Bible Software. About Megatron, it has nothing to do with the transformers cartoons. When I was a kid my father bought a TV, its TradeMark was Megatron, so I adopted the TV name. I was never a fan of those cartoons and don't know much about it. God bless everyone.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 30 2013 12:57 PM

Peace, Megatron!

Thanks for saying "Hi"!             *smile*                                    and                 God Bless YOU!

If you'd like to share more about your Salutation to Greece From the West ....      I'm all ears!                   *smile*

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 30 2013 1:41 PM

Megatron:

Hello. I don't have the Logos Bible Software. About Megatron, it has nothing to do with the transformers cartoons. When I was a kid my father bought a TV, its TradeMark was Megatron, so I adopted the TV name. I was never a fan of those cartoons and don't know much about it. God bless everyone.

Megatron, Logos Bible Software is a lovely company!              They are very gracious and generous!             Indeed!                Perhaps you have already discovered this???             

For example ...   Logos provides much absolutely free material and resources at http://bible.faithlife.com    Just sign in using the "credentials" that you use to access these forums ....

Come back and ask many, many questions here on the forums, and enquire how you can receive the free Lexham English Bible and the free FaithLife Bible for your Spiritual Journey!         *smile*                 Available to you right now!    Along with other free resources ...     

Posts 10850
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 30 2013 5:07 PM

Milford Charles Murray:

When we got our dog from the animal shelter, he also had ears too large for his head. The cage was labeled "Chihuahua mix," and he weighed 4 pounds. We named him Taco. Six months later he had grown into those ears, weighed 20 pounds, and looked and acted like a Jack Russell Terrier. Think maybe he ate the Chihuahua Hmm

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 30 2013 5:17 PM

I get your point, however ...  I've seen many small dogs with large ears.  This looks a little like a Photoshop effort.  Source?

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 30 2013 6:21 PM

Steve:

I get your point, however ...  I've seen many small dogs with large ears.  This looks a little like a Photoshop effort.  Source?

Actually, when I wrote back to Megathon I decided to Google my usage of "all ears"  -- then I asked Google for images and came up with this one - a really pleasant doozy!    *smile*

Peace, Megatron!

Thanks for saying "Hi"!             *smile*                                    and                 God Bless YOU!

If you'd like to share more about your Salutation to Greece From the West ....      I'm all ears!                   *smile*

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 30 2013 8:55 PM

Steve:
I've seen many small dogs with large ears.  This looks a little like a Photoshop effort.

Dog?  It looks like a rodent to me.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 3
Megatron | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 1 2013 12:15 PM

God bless everyone. Beautiful video. Looks like a cat-dog??? Thanks for sharing it with us. I have uploaded the short video I mentioned before in Youtube. To be honest, I give thanks to Greece for her language and ancient knowledge BUT, and there is always a "but" the real purpose was to insert Jesus message to the listeners into the video. You know, sometimes there is resistence so I went around and first gave thanks to Greece in the ancient koine dialect but the video ends with some words from Jesus. I must admite that I missed the pronunciation of at least 2 words. Anyway, the video is available to everyone. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9EOOiQkzHU

I'm going to see the Logos software. God bless everyone.

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 1 2013 1:00 PM

Peace, Megatron!              Thanks for staying "in touch"!         *smile*

I cannot speak for anyone else; however, I enjoyed the video.  Good scenery.    Great music.     Very pleasant.   I thank you for sharing it, and I look forward to "studying" it and look forward to trying to ascertain the reason you are sharing this with us and exactly what IS your message to Greece and to us.

Kindest personal greetings; and may God give blessing and direction to your words that His Name be glorified!     *smile*!

As part of my meditation on this subject, I just started a preliminary study and will continue it for the present ....      *smile*

Here is part of it:

B.  διδάσκαλος in the NT.

1.    The Usage.

a. διδάσκαλος occurs 58 times in the NT, and 48 times in the Gospels (not counting Jn. 8:4). In the Gospels it is used 41 times of Jesus, in 29 instances in the direct address διδάσκαλε, with κύριε the most common form of direct address. On 7 occasions it is used of others, twice in Mt. (10:24f.), 4 times in Lk. (2:46; 3:12; 6:40 twice) and once in Jn. (3:10). In Lk. 3:12 it is used of John the Baptist calling the people to repentance on the banks of the Jordan; in Jn. 3:10 Jesus calls Nicodemus a32 διδάσκαλος τοῦ Ἰσραήλ; in Lk. 2:46 it is said of the boy Jesus that He sat ἐν τῷ ἱερῷ ἐν μέσῳ τῶν διδασκάλων, listening to them and asking them questions; finally in Mt. 10:24 f.; Lk. 6:40 there is a radical declaration concerning the relationship of the μαθητής to his διδάσκαλος.

To these instances from the Gospels should be added a smaller number from Ac. and the epistles. They are all consistent with one another. The most prominent are those which refer to the διδάσκαλοι as a leading group in the early Christian community (Ac. 13:1; 1 C. 12:28 f.; Eph. 4:11; cf. also Jm. 3:1). In 1 Tm. 2:7; 2 Tm. 1:11 the author calls himself a διδάσκαλος ἐθνῶν or simply a διδάσκαλος. In the three other passages the term acquires a particular meaning from the context (R. 2:20; 2 Tm. 4:3; Hb. 5:12).

b. The first point to emerge clearly from this review of the use of διδάσκαλος in the NT is that the term, and therefore the addressing of Jesus as διδάσκαλε, does not imply any attribution of dignity, like κύριος. The application to John (Lk. 3:12), or to the διδάσκαλοι sitting in the temple (Lk. 2:46), or even to a group of false teachers (2 Tm. 4:3), shows beyond any shadow of doubt that even when used of Jesus διδάσκαλος can denote only an obvious fact; for we naturally cannot suppose that Lk. uses the term in a different sense when it refers to John on the one side and Jesus on the other. What this fact is may be seen quite easily from the passages in the Gospels in which διδάσκαλος is used, and best of all from those in which it is used of others. Jesus Himself (Mt. 10:24 f. and par.) contrasts the μαθητής and the διδάσκαλος; the former is to learn both his goal and his limitations by comparison with the latter. To Jewish listeners this statement was crystal clear, for they could see the relationship concretely before them in that of the Rabbinic pupil to his teacher. Jn. 3:10 is no less plain. When Jesus calls Nicodemus a διδάσκαλος τοῦ Ἰσραήλ, the context makes it evident that He does not have in view particular philosophical capacities; He is honouring him as one to whom the people look as a prominent expositor of the divine will as laid down in the Law and the prophets. Finally, when the publicans in Lk. 3:12 are so shaken by the Baptist’s call for repentance that they wish to be baptised, and thus ask John: διδάσκαλε, τί ποιήσωμεν, both the address and the question indicate that on the basis of his knowledge of the will of God he can tell them what they must do to find favour with God. The vaguest reference is to the διδάσκαλοι in Lk. 2:46, though from the nature of Jesus’ dealings with them33 we may infer that they were scribes occupied in answering questions which arose out of the Law.

The four or five passages in the Gospels where διδάσκαλος is used of others than Jesus thus display a consistency of usage. The word is directly related to the διδάσκειν of the LXX and the NT, which derives its content from לִמֵּד. In other words, the διδάσκαλος is “one who indicates the way of God from the Torah.”34 This raises two questions, or groups of questions, to which we must now address ourselves. First, we must consider how far the same usage applies when Jesus is described as διδάσκαλος, and therefore what are the theological implications of the term in relation to Him. Then we must ask whether the other NT passages use the word in the same sense as the Gospels.

2.    Jesus as διδάσκαλος.

a. That Jesus is addressed as διδάσκαλε presupposes the fact that He outwardly conforms to the Jewish picture of the διδάσκαλος. This is indeed the case. Our investigation of the use of διδάσκειν in the Gospels (→ 139) has already shown us that Jesus may be basically associated with the scribes as regards both the form and content of His teaching. To be a διδάσκαλος and not merely an occasional διδάσκων, however, there was needed the further feature of the presence of disciples gathering around the διδάσκαλος (→ μαθητής). The fact that in the case of both Jesus and John (Jn. 1:35 ff.) certain men had been so gripped by their words that they set themselves in the position of pupils and disciples meant that in the eyes of their contemporaries the final presupposition had been externally fulfilled for granting them the title of διδάσκαλος, for addressing them as διδάσκαλε,35 and for reckoning them among the teachers of the people.

That the address διδάσκαλε actually has this significance is proved by Jn. 1:38, where Jesus is addressed as ῥαββί by the disciples of Jn., and this is rendered διδάσκαλε for readers not familiar with this form of address (cf. also → ῥαββουνί in Jn. 20:16). Jesus is also addressed as ῥαββί by His disciples in Mt. 26:25; Mk. 9:5; 11:21; Jn. 4:31; 9:2; 11:8; by Nicodemus in Jn. 3:2; by the disciples of John in Jn. 1:49; by the enthusiastic crowd in Jn. 6:25; and by Judas at the arrest in Mt. 26:49; Mk. 14:45. Yet too much significance should not be attached to this, since רַבִּי might be applied to any exalted personage,36, 37 whereas διδάσκαλε is reserved unequivocally for the teacher.[1]

NT New Testament.

32 The definite art. does not imply that Nicodemus is the διδάσκαλος of his people in the absolute. It arises out of the pastoral concern of Jesus to show how much he himself needs to learn to hear before he can rightly come before his people with the forceful claim of a teacher to be heard. For the teacher who has not heard brings others into incalculable danger. Cf. Schl., ad loc.

NT New Testament.

par. parallel.

33 Cf. on this pt. Str.-B., II, 150 f.

NT New Testament.

34 This naturally opens up the possibility of using the term for someone who in appearance champions the Law and will of God, but in practice opposes them.

NT New Testament.

35 For John the Baptist, cf. Lk. 3:12; cf. also ῥαββί in Jn. 3:26.

36 רַב originally means “great,” and it thus signifes at root one who is exalted, e.g., the prince in relation to the people (for examples cf. Dalman WJ, I, 274), the teacher in relation to the pupil, the master to the slave (cf. Pes., 8, 1), the master craftsman to the apprentice or associate (cf. b. AZ, 17b). The Samaritans could even use רַבִּי for God (Dalman WJ, I, 275).

37 A fine example of the varied use of רַבִּי is given in b. BM, 84a, where Resh Laqish (d. before 279 a.d.), who first led the life of a vagrant and was then won for the study of the Law by his later brother-n-law R. Jochanan, can say with reference to his past as לֵסְטָא (λῃστής), and then to his present: There (i.e., among the λῃσταί whose leader he was) they called me רַבִּי, and here (i.e., in the school) they call me רַבִּי.

[1] . Vol. 2: Theological dictionary of the New Testament. 1964- (G. Kittel, G. W. Bromiley & G. Friedrich, Ed.) (electronic ed.) (152–153). Grand Rapids, MI: Eerdmans.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 1 2013 9:34 PM

Greetings to you as well.  You are welcome to the Logos fora and are encouraged to become acquainted with the Logos products which among other things include Greek texts, lexica, grammars, etc which you might find useful. 

You should be aware that this site is not established to converse in Greek.  For that you might wish to visit the biblical Greek forum (http://www.ibiblio.org/bgreek/forum/index.php) where you might find some still attempting to carry on discourse in Greek as well as the Textkit site (http://www.textkit.com/).

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 31
Kendall Sholtess | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 2 2013 10:04 PM

Greece is the West. I know because I live in the East, in Peking.

Posts 19333
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 2 2013 10:13 PM

Hi Kendall, what happened to your post count? Looks like you must have changed your email address recently. If you'd like your post count (and links to all your past posts) reinstated, you can email forums (at) logos (dot) com to request it.

Posts 241
Kendall Sholtess | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 3 2013 8:23 AM

Thanks Rosie, I'll e-mail them. I hope they can fix this, but if not that's ok. I'm not attached to my post count. 

Posts 5430
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 3 2013 9:50 AM

Milford Charles Murray:

I think that may me a fox...possibly a fennec (most likely) or a bat-eared fox.

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS