Change Translation Abbreviation in Copy Bible Verses

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 85
Timothy Shrimpton | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, May 28 2013 9:21 AM

Hi everyone!

I'm not sure if this is possible or not, but is there a way to change what is displayed for the abbreviation for a translation, specifically when it is copied from? For my work, I like to be as clear as can be, and with the changes in the NIV recently, I like to call out exactly what version I'm quoting from. The old NIV has already been changed to NIV84, which is perfect. Is there a way I can change the current NIV from "NIV" to "NIV2011" or something comparable? I can manually do it when I plug verses into my documents, but I thought I'd see if there was a way to set it and forget it.

Thanks!

Tim

Posts 13417
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 28 2013 9:28 AM

For abbreviations, Logos uses the Short Title of the resource in your library, which you can edit. In the library, make sure the information panel is showing, and then click on the resource you want to edit (don't click on the title, or cover though or you'll open it), and then click the little pencil to edit the short title to NIV2011, or whatever you want.

Posts 85
Timothy Shrimpton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 28 2013 11:22 AM

Thank you, Mark! I was almost certain that you could do that but couldn't find the option.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS