Swete LXX Hebrew-Greek Reverse Interlinear

Page 1 of 3 (52 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 51 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4
Isaiah Hoogendyk | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jun 4 2013 1:51 PM

For all of you out there who have the morphologically-tagged Swete Septuagint, the corresponding Hebrew-Greek reverse interlinear is coming your way (along with an update to the resource itself). Keep your eyes on the skies, as they say.

Also, once the new resources are properly indexed, the vigilant scholar will notice that the Septuagint Translation section of the Bible Word Study guide will continue to use Rahlfs Septuagint reverse interlinear data. A fix for this is forthcoming, in which you'll be able to select which LXX you want to use to populate the word wheel.

Thanks for your patience!

isaiah.

Posts 1259
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 4 2013 2:14 PM

Isaiah is a Logos employee; not sure why his employee badge isn't working. He did much of the work to get this resource to you.

Enjoy!

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Posts 36
LogosEmployee
Isaiah | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 4 2013 4:22 PM

Looks like I posted from my personal account. This one should work.

Posts 101
tfjern | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 4 2013 5:03 PM

Huh?

Logos 5 updated itself this morning (June 5, 2013), "Greek-Hebrew Reverse Interlinear Septuagint: H.B. Swete Edition."

Can't find this updated resource anywhere in my Logos library.

Posts 7919
LogosEmployee

tfjern:

Logos 5 updated itself this morning (June 5, 2013), "Greek-Hebrew Reverse Interlinear Septuagint: H.B. Swete Edition."

Reverse Interlinears are not listed as separate items in the Library, but are always part of their associated Bible, in this case, The Old Testament in Greek according to the Septuagint.

Posts 9043
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 4 2013 6:23 PM

Should the Inline Display be working for this resource? I can see the ribbon display, and the drop-down menu works for the Inline Display and allows me to make choices, but the text does not show the interlinear data selected.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1073
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 4 2013 6:32 PM

Bradley Grainger (Logos):

tfjern:

Reverse Interlinears are not listed as separate items in the Library, but are always part of their associated Bible, in this case, The Old Testament in Greek according to the Septuagint.

I got the Greek-Hebrew Reverse Interlinear Septuagint as part of the L5 minimal crossgrade but don't have Swete's Septuagint, only Rahlf's and the Lexham Bibles. How do I access the Reverse Interlinear?

Logos Now Subscriber -- 22/2/2018

Posts 7919
LogosEmployee

Mark Smith:

the drop-down menu works for the Inline Display and allows me to make choices, but the text does not show the interlinear data selected.

This looks like a bug; I've filed a case.

Posts 101
tfjern | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 4 2013 6:47 PM

Good grief!

This is extremely confusing. The reverse interlinears, that is. Please straighten things out.

Posts 9043
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 4 2013 6:49 PM

Sean, all reverse interlinears are accessed in the same way. On the resource's navigation bar use one of the two highlighted icons below to active the Inline or Ribbon display of the reverse interlinear text:

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 9043
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 4 2013 6:53 PM

tfjern:
This is extremely confusing. The reverse interlinears, that is. Please straighten things out.

With a resource like this I expect it will get straightened out very quickly. You can still benefit from the RI through the ribbon display.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 101
tfjern | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 4 2013 7:00 PM

That helps -- not!

By the way, does anyone on this forum know if Logos has any plan to interlinearize the Gottingen LXX?

Posts 136
Mark Hoffman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 4 2013 7:03 PM

Everything looks/works fine for me for both Rahlfs and Swete re: the reverse interlinears and connections w/ the Hebrew. Thanks!

Posts 7919
LogosEmployee

tfjern:

It's not clear to me exactly which aspect of this was confusing. Would you like us to:

• not show reverse interlinears as updated resources in the home page?
  • show reverse interlinears in the library and open the associated Bible, or a ribbon-only reverse interlinear view, or something else?
  • do something different?
Posts 1073
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 4 2013 7:10 PM

I see the Minimal Crossgrade gives the Hebrew to Greek RI, not Greek to Hebrew. Where did the Greek-Hebrew one come from?

Mark Smith:

Sean, all reverse interlinears are accessed in the same way. On the resource's navigation bar use one of the two highlighted icons below to active the Inline or Ribbon display of the reverse interlinear text:

Thanks Mark, but it seems the only Greek LXX I have is Rahlf's, and it's not showing either icon. I'm not sure how I came to own a reverse interlinear without a text to show it in... I agree that all these RI's are confusing!

Posts 7919
LogosEmployee

Sean D. House:

I got the Greek-Hebrew Reverse Interlinear Septuagint as part of the L5 minimal crossgrade but don't have Swete's Septuagint, only Rahlf's and the Lexham Bibles. How do I access the Reverse Interlinear?

In terms of Logos base packages, it looks like you've purchased the Starter package and then the Logos 5 Minimal Crossgrade. 

The Logos 5 Minimal Crossgrade was designed for Logos 4 users who didn't want to purchase a full Logos 5 base package; it wasn't intended as an upgrade path from Logos 5 Starter. (It will give you access to some datasets that are only in Gold and above, though, so there is some value in purchasing it; it's just not the intended upgrade path.) The Swete LXX is only in Logos 4 Scholar's (and above) and Logos 5 Bronze (and above); you will need to upgrade to one of those packages in order to access the reverse interlinear data via its associated Bible.

(We often sell reverse interlinears without their corresponding Bible, as a way of enabling extra functionality when that Bible is purchased. They are not sold to be accessed independently.)

Posts 9043
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 4 2013 7:24 PM

Sean D. House:
I agree that all these RI's are confusing!

Bradley has explained what your issue is, but I agree that separating the RI and its function from the underlying text has created more than one discussion here. It leads to misunderstanding. Logos used to state somewhere on a page like the one describing the Minimal Crossgrade that one must have the underlying text to make use of the RI. It isn't on the L5 Minimal Crossgrade page and what is there would not alert you to what you have now discovered. It is no comfort, but you are not alone. Sorry.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1073
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 4 2013 7:32 PM

Bradley Grainger (Logos):

Sean D. House:

In terms of Logos base packages, it looks like you've purchased the Starter package and then the Logos 5 Minimal Crossgrade. 

The Logos 5 Minimal Crossgrade was designed for Logos 4 users who didn't want to purchase a full Logos 5 base package; it wasn't intended as an upgrade path from Logos 5 Starter. (It will give you access to some datasets that are only in Gold and above, though, so there is some value in purchasing it; it's just not the intended upgrade path.) The Swete LXX is only in Logos 4 Scholar's (and above) and Logos 5 Bronze (and above); you will need to upgrade to one of those packages in order to access the reverse interlinear data via its associated Bible.

(We often sell reverse interlinears without their corresponding Bible, as a way of enabling extra functionality when that Bible is purchased. They are not sold to be accessed independently.)

Thanks for explaining but this is still somewhat confusing. I see the Minimal Crossgrade actually lists the Hebrew-Greek RI (which is the subject of the OP of this thread), not the Greek-Hebrew (which is what actually shipped). Where did I get the Greek-Hebrew from? If I paid for it, I expect to be able to access it; if I didn't, why did it download?

Please tell me that the Hebrew-Greek one, when it ship, will at least work with one of the included texts (I assume the Lexham Hebrew Bible)?

Ancient Texts and Morphologies

• Lexham Hebrew Septuagint Reverse interlinear: H.B. Swete Edition*
  • Lexham Hebrew Septuagint Reverse interlinear: H.B. Swete Edition, , Alternate Texts*
  • Lexham Hebrew Bible with Morphology

Posts 101
tfjern | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 4 2013 8:58 PM

Apparently I'm in the same boat as Sean D. House (I don't have Reverse Interlinears, at least I think that's the case, though it's hard to tell when dealing with that Rube Goldbergian contraption known as Windows 8, I mean Logos 5). OK, then why did the reverse interlinear update file download as soon as I opened the program this morning?

Posts 24553
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 4 2013 10:52 PM

Sean D. House:

Please tell me that the Hebrew-Greek one, when it ship, will at least work with one of the included texts (I assume the Lexham Hebrew Bible)?

Ancient Texts and Morphologies

• Lexham Hebrew Septuagint Reverse interlinear: H.B. Swete Edition*
  • Lexham Hebrew Septuagint Reverse interlinear: H.B. Swete Edition, , Alternate Texts*
  • Lexham Hebrew Bible with Morphology

The terminology used by Logos is inconsistent and confusing. From the description I would assume you had the Bible called Lexham Hebrew Septuagint Reverse interlinear: HB Swete Edn,  except that the Swete RI is not a Lexham resource and is titled The Old Testament in Greek according to the Septuagint: LXX Swete, for which I received an update together with the release of the Interlinear dataset called The Greek-Hebrew Reverse Interlinear Septuagint: H B Swete Edition.  The other Swete resource is The Lexham Greek-English Interlinear Septuagint: H B Swete Edition, which is complete in itself as is not an RI. The Lexham Hebrew Bible is also complete in itself and is not an interlinear (nor a RI).

As for the Alternate Texts to the Septuagint, there can be no Hebrew Interlinear data as there is no corresponding Hebrew text (AFAIK)

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 3 (52 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS