Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 521
Bob Deacon | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jun 6 2013 3:42 AM

It seems that there is a SIGNIFICANT decrease in the speed of the application of a highlight!

I do a lot of highlighting and up until beta 9 the speed from highlighting the text for the highlight and the actual application of the highlight was fine. After beta 9 there has been a rather significant (beach ball) slow down in the application of the highlight!

I would like to ask for a review of this. I have 8 gig of ram running Logos on a Mac with the latest Mountain Lion release with nothing else running. I have not tried this in Windows which will be my next adventure.

Bob Deacon

Dell Inspiron, Windows 10 Latest Update

Surface Pro 6

MacBook Air (2017) Catalina

Ipad Air 2 (ios 8.2.1)

Motorola G6 Play (android 8.3.1)

Posts 28372
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 6 2013 4:17 AM

I tried it out on my "delete me" note file, and highlights were instantaneous. In the past, the number one reason for slow highlights was large note files… how do you organize your highlight notes? By pallet? By resource? Other? What is the size of the file?

Bob Deacon:
I have 8 gig of ram running Logos on a Mac with the latest Mountain Lion release with nothing else running.

I had several other programs running. My MacBook Pro is the one released at the WWDC three years ago (and Apple Care is almost up!).

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 521
Bob Deacon | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 6 2013 4:35 AM

Although I am unsure of the note file size, I have arranged my note files by BOOK! For instance I am reading and highlighting in the book of Proverbs and I am currently at chapter 12. I DO NOT think the file size is too large!

I did however load up my Windows 7 and ran Logos 5 in that and the highlights work acceptably! It was NOT acceptable in Mac!

Bob Deacon

Surface Pro 6

Ipad Air 2 (ios 8.2.1)

Posts 10737
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 6 2013 4:46 AM

Bob Deacon:
I DO NOT think the file size is too large!

Not sure that note file size is a factor here. Tried highlighting a selection from several large note files, and the highlights appeared almost instantly. Now sure what Bob's problem may be.

Might consider posting some logs. Perhaps Sample in the new logging utility.

Posts 521
Bob Deacon | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 6 2013 4:57 AM

Okay, just for some additional information. Although I DID restart Mac OSX when I first noticed the problem with no affect, I closed Mac OSX and started Windows 7 (In boot camp NOT a virtual machine) and of course discovered that everything worked normally in Windows. Then after starting Mac OSX back up all is working well again in Mac! Not sure what caused the problem but it works normally now! Sorry for what appears to be a false alarm.

Bob Deacon

Surface Pro 6

Ipad Air 2 (ios 8.2.1)

Posts 28372
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 6 2013 5:30 AM

Bob Deacon:
Sorry for what appears to be a false alarm.

No problem. Glad it's working. Smile

Jack Caviness:

Now sure what Bob's problem may be.

Might consider posting some logs.

Now which is it Jack… are you sure you know or aren't you? Stick out tongue

Posts 10737
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 6 2013 5:51 AM

Bob Deacon:
Then after starting Mac OSX back up all is working well again in Mac!

Sometimes we must think like Windows users and reboot the machine to correct problems with Logos

Posts 28372
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 6 2013 5:52 AM

Jack Caviness:
Sometimes we must think like Windows users and reboot the machine to correct problems with Logos

Aint that the truth. Tongue Tied 

Posts 10737
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 6 2013 5:53 AM

alabama24:

Jack Caviness:

Now sure what Bob's problem may be.

Might consider posting some logs.

Now which is it Jack… are you sure you know or aren't you? Stick out tongue

I was sure that I was unsure what Bob's problem might have been, and thought that he might consider submitting logs. You have made too many visits to Michigan. It has ruined your God-given Southern discernment Devil

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS